• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

Yeah, the tutorials actually seemed really good, I just got too annoyed at having to do things like perfectly time pressing x and circle at the same time. I figure a fight stick will help a lot.

Have you used a fighting stick before? Because It's just as difficult to learn one as it is the other.

Shackzam

Yeah, the tutorials actually seemed really good, I just got too annoyed at having to do things like perfectly time pressing x and circle at the same time. I figure a fight stick will help a lot.
Me and guardian play on pad, but stick is more traditional. Either way it's a matter of preference and you still need to put in the time to Git gud.

beinfilms

Have you used a fighting stick before? Because It's just as difficult to learn one as it is the other.

Beyond in an actual arcade years ago? No, I haven't, so that's good to know. I'll probably give it another go once my sodium chloride levels normalize.

Zenfalcia

So, I've just learned that Skullgirls with a DualShock 4 isn't a great first real fighting game.

You just need more practice. You can get gud on a pad given enough time.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you can get me a body pillow that looks like garrus vakarian, I will consider buying a body pillow. It must also come with a soundboard.

does it have to look exactly like him, or can it be anime like?
Have you done the tutorial yet? It's pretty indepth and applies to a lot of fighters. Is it just the inputs?

Yeah! Ghost Trick is great!

It's interesting.
I shouldn't even have to tho cause Chihiro is the cutest and all around dabes

tell that to the dangan ronpa fans.

Shackzam

Gonna be out of town for the weekend, so I won't be able to play any fighting games. But I'll probably still be able to play monster hunter.

I like her too, I like all the characters in some way or another, I just hate that none of them really get like a cool figure or something

Komaeda_81.jpg

Margie ain't zone son. She only has 1-2 move(to my knowledge) that actually zones and is pretty focused on getting in there with an opponent.

She can zone though, her spear beats out most projectiles, and even some supers. Right Carebear?
She doesn't have as much as Yukiko but the spear comes out fast and the knock back on it is huge

semisonic

Banned
I'm finally free! Free to play MonHun until the wee hours of the morn!

Callbacks for the musical were weird. I was the only guy (story of my life), and all they had me do was read 3 lines of dialogue.

Huh.

It was negative 20 degrees today! So I'm probably not going to the smash meeting!

Welcome, brother! Let us hunt until I get tired of disconnectingthe wee hours of the morn!

Oberon

Banned
For a zoning character, she's actually pretty fun to play as...

Zoning character are the bane of my existance. I swear, if there's another Ultimax tournemant and I have to fight a Yukiko, then I'll just give up. It's not worth it, she has so many projectiles and she can heal herself.

Zoning characters like Yukiko and Margie are the span of Satan.

How about that teleport attack?

Apparently Custom moves are going to be legal for Smash at Evo...which is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXNJwnkeNw

Neol

It is? Well I'm interested to see how this will play out. Someone's gonna go insane trying to unlock every custom moves for multiple machines ready for EVO

Lets hope that Nintedo's got them covered for that otherwise it'll be a fucking TO's nightmare.

SteveTR

I've only ever played Persona 4 Arena once. I picked Teddie. Somehow, I managed to spam the airdash attack, effectively inhibiting my friend from doing anything. I felt really bad afterwards.

Okay let me rephrase that, aside from Junko, Makoto, Kirigiri, Nagito, Chiaki, and Hinata no one has any merchandise

Which sucks cause there's a lot of awesome characters that would look awesome as figures

Yeah. I'm guessing that the other characters don't get as much merch because
they die off early.
She can zone though, her spear beats out most projectiles, and even some supers. Right Carebear?

I don't know if you'd call her a zoner, but she definitely has that reach. She's always at a safe distance in her combos. I think her 5A has the longest horizontal reach in the game.
I've only ever played Persona 4 Arena once. I picked Teddie. Somehow, I managed to spam the airdash attack, effectively inhibiting my friend from doing anything. I felt really bad afterwards.

You shouldn't. Your friend should learn how to block.

Yeah. I'm guessing that the other characters don't get as much merch because
they die off early.

General Dangan Ronpa Spoilers
I mean Asahina survives all the way to the end so does fukawa who are both pretty popular even with Fukawa being in DR:AE I don't think she got any real merchandise.
I know I'm biased in that I just want some Chihiro stuff but there's a lot of missed opportunities for merchandise in the Dangan Ronpa series

Zoning character are the bane of my existance. I swear, if there's another Ultimax tournemant and I have to fight a Yukiko, then I'll just give up. It's not worth it, she has so many projectiles and she can heal herself.
How about that teleport attack?
The teleport is super unsafe on block and can be punished hard, I played your Kanji in the tourney right? I really only used it to counter whenever you hit me with the shock status
I don't know if you'd call her a zoner, but she definitely has that reach. She's always at a safe distance in her combos. I think her 5A has the longest horizontal reach in the game.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying she is a zoner but she has the capacity to keep people out if she wants to. It can work well on a good portion of the cast, just none of the characters you play. Her 5A is the reason why I started playing her

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It was negative 20 degrees today! So I'm probably not going to the smash meeting!

Welcome, brother! Let us hunt until I get tired of disconnectingthe wee hours of the morn!

The fuck is a smash meeting.

I randomly got invited to a classical music orchestra, so I'll be going to that. I'll be back around 10 or 11 CST.

You are my designated Monhun partner.

Neol

If custom moves becomes a thing I'm definitely gonna be changing my main.

Now I'm kinda hyped to see the reactions from everyone at EVO when they see this shit.

semisonic

Banned
The fuck is a smash meeting.

I randomly got invited to a classical music orchestra, so I'll be going to that. I'll be back around 10 or 11 CST.

You are my designated Monhun partner.

A smash meeting is where the tournament players hang out and play smash for hours on end.
I got invited to them after I did alright in the last tournament, but I haven't gone to any yet because I'm always smashing with my local dedede in the dorm.

That's PM not sm4sh, btw.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying she is a zoner but she has the capacity to keep people out if she wants to. It can work well on a good portion of the cast, just none of the characters you play. Her 5A is the reason why I started playing her

I'd say it works pretty well on Junpei. Anyway, you should learn some her combos. They're devastating. Some are even burst-safe.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
A smash meeting is where the tournament players hang out and play smash for hours on end.
I got invited to them after I did alright in the last tournament, but I haven't gone to any yet because I'm always smashing with my local dedede in the dorm.

That's PM not sm4sh, btw.

I'm OK with ZSS. Never played Project M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom