• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The combat was pretty great(and worked fine for me, which I guess just means that those who didn't get it need to get good), and dungeon design was fucking top notch.
Most of the new tools worked super well, but it certainly had hangups(The empty sky, collecting shit to upgrade the tools, the tutorial). The music was quality as always(if a bit less memorable than most mainline zeldas), the silent realm sections were alright and interesting in concept, and the visual design was pretty great.

You can say it wasn't a great Zelda game(tho the combat was maybe the most interesting it's ever been), but saying it wasn't better than most games is overreacting.
Plus those boss fights, especially with Ghirahim and Demise, and the Ancient Cistern as a whole kicked large amounts of ass.

And Groose was in it.
What more do you want.

Opinions and all that, tho. You have yours and I have mine.
Wanna play some divinity soon?
You're wrong and I hate you

I gotta study and read some assignments that my teacher gave me 2 days ago :(

Anung

Un Rama
Just finished the first episode of GOT. That was actually pretty good. They seem to be doing well with the licence. Shame it looks like arse and the "choices" are thin.

I'm super hyped to start Transistor. Got almost too many games to get through at the minute. Still got a sealed copy of Shadow Warrior.

Just finished the first episode of GOT. That was actually pretty good. They seem to be doing well with the licence. Shame it looks like arse and the "choices" are thin.

I'm super hyped to start Transistor. Got almost too many games to get through at the minute. Still got a sealed copy of Shadow Warrior.

I recently just started Transistor...holy fuck that soundtrack bruh..the gameplay is really unique and fun as well.

Reminds me of a fast paced Parasite Eve.

Hahaha, great post! Well meme'd, my friend!
Typing this was painful.
image.jpg
mrgoodwil
301%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20john_cena%20wwe.gif

Anung

Un Rama
I recently just started Transistor...holy fuck that soundtrack bruh..the gameplay is really unique and fun as well.

Reminds me of a fast paced Parasite Eve.

I've always been aware of the game and how it was good. But the second someone mentioned its paratite Eve-ness I was totally on board.

Got Dying Light, GOT, Apatheon, D4, Transistor, Shadow Warrior, The Swapper and The Order (when it arrives) to play through.

mike0dude

Woof!

You're better off returning it and using the monies for hunting jaggi's and stuf.

It's not worth it for a genre you're lukewarm on.

i'm not lukewarm, I just suck at them...
and I don't want to buy a new 3ds since I don't want any other games that are gonna be on it and I can't get the shiny monster hunter one (even if it'd probably would have had tons of defects)

I've always been aware of the game and how it was good. But the second someone mentioned its paratite Eve-ness I was totally on board.

Got Dying Light, GOT, Apatheon, D4, Transistor, Shadow Warrior, The Swapper and The Order (when it arrives) to play through.

I've got a little more then that, I went into the game not knowing what to expect besides a killer soundtrack. I was no disappointed.

croten

and I don't want to buy a new 3ds since I don't want any other games that are gonna be on it and I can't get the shiny monster hunter one (even if it'd probably would have had tons of defects)

Getting a fighting stick won't make you good. I kinda want a stick but I know I don't play enough fighting games to justify it.

So practice with your controller.

As a wise pirate once said, an arcade stick isn't going to help you Git gud.

Getting a fighting stick won't make you good. I kinda want a stick but I know I don't play enough fighting games to justify it.
Some people find it more comfortable, but you'll probably suck harder for a good while. Personally I just prefer pad, but I know some people have an easier time doing motions with a stick.

There can't actually be Mortal Kombat fans who dislike the first MK movie, can there?
That theme song is so damn hype!

Wait... was ash vs Scorpion really the last match?

croten

Some people find it more comfortable, but you'll probably suck harder for a good while. Personally I just prefer pad, but I know some people have an easier time doing motions with a stick.

What I mean is that getting a fighting stick isn't a power-up that skips the difficulty with gitting gud. You still need to put in the time and effort like you would with a Pad.

Just gonna add on to this...

I always used to play with a pad, so when I got my first fight stick (TE2) I sucked so bad at first, but after using it for a few months I will say that I do prefer the stick over pad because I just feel like I have more control.

If anybody gets one and hasn't owned one in the past, you're almost starting completely over, meaning you will need even more time to practice with it than you would if you stuck with the controller.

As many have said before, there's nothing wrong with a Pad Warrior.

I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe, buying a fightstick will force you to motivate yourself to get good, maybe it will feel a heck of a lot more natural even.
I'd say, if you can swallow the expense, it's probably not the worst investment. Hope you don't end up kicking yourself afterwards.

Edit: I missed a damn Travis match? Kill me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom