• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys want to see cynicism, do a quick GAF thread search for Jeff Gerstmann and Twilight Princess.

Gaffers lost their collective shits when Jeff gave the game a 8.8 ...

Bans all over that thread because Jeff have the nerve to give a less than perfect score -_-

I stopped complaining about scores after seeing that thread.

You guys want to see cynicism, do a quick GAF thread search for Jeff Gerstmann and Twilight Princess.

Bans all over that thread because Jeff have the nerve to give a less than perfect score -_-

They same thing happened when gta 5 came out. I think jenn frank was the one who got a bunch of shit for giving the game a 9

ultimax

Jeff is best waifu

They same thing happened when gta 5 came out. I think jenn frank was the one who got a bunch of shit for giving the game a 9
Well, yeah. 9 is lowest score humanly possible to give.

I can't believe 'great' isn't good enough for some people. It has to be perfect, and the greatest game of ALL TIME for them.

semisonic

Banned

I dunno how Gerstmann usually rates, but I'm not sure if you've noticed that twilight princess is a fucking amazing game. Even the bad 3d zeldas are fucking leagues above the standard quality of nearly all games, tutorial bullshit and annoying partners(which twilight princess didn't even have, Midna kicked ass) aside. I can totally see why people would be butthurt.
Still don't think it was worth the overreaction and banning, but I do disagree with that.
I mean, people complain about score inflation, and say they should review using more of the scale, but the fact is that they don't do that, and so an 8.75 is basically a 7 in a proper scale

That's a fair score, but that idiot said the motion controls were busted. And to give an example, he explained that he couldn't do a shield bash no matter what, and in his explanation, you could see he was using the wrong buttons.
No pity, my friend.
At least I think that was the guy that said that....

I didn't even know what you were talking about at first until I went and looked it up, looks like some B movie.

It was, they we're on tv a lot so I just ended up watching it, it's an alright movie nothing too great. I always just assumed they were connected since they share a not so common title.

I dunno how Gerstmann usually rates, but I'm not sure if you've noticed that twilight princess is a fucking amazing game. Even the bad 3d zeldas are fucking leagues above the standard quality of nearly all games, tutorial bullshit and annoying partners(which twilight princess didn't even have, Midna kicked ass) aside. I can totally see why people would be butthurt.
Still don't think it was worth the overreaction and banning, but I do disagree with that.
I mean, people complain about score inflation, and say they should review using more of the scale, but the fact is that they don't do that, and so an 8.75 is basically a 7 in a proper scale

Skyward sword is not better then most games

sjay1994

That's a fair score, but that idiot said the motion controls were busted. And to give an example, he explained that he couldn't do a shield bash no matter what, and in his explanation, you could see he was using the wrong buttons.
No pity, my friend.
At least I think that was the guy that said that....

Are you talking about the Tom McShea Skyward Sword review? Because there was a lot of shit with that too.

Xiraiya

It was, they we're on tv a lot so I just ended up watching it, it's an alright movie nothing too great. I always just assumed they were connected since they share a not so common title.

No the TV series is a Victorian era supernatural thing with GoT level ruthlessness, the story is pretty interesting, goes into some real dark and cool Egyptian stuff, the acting is really goddamn good, I would put it pretty close to True Detective, they go all out, the casting is actually really cool and the individual characters have some real interesting takes on commonly known stories.

joe2187

Banned
Well fuck.

Im an immense idiot and fucked up the system transfer...do I really have to wait 7 days to do it all over again?

Awright, 3DS is transfer, and nothing exploded in the process. I freaked out for a sec because I kept turning it on while trying to get the back plate off, and I'm pretty sure it was on while I changed SD cards, but nothing broke, so time to get hunting.

No the TV series is a Victorian era supernatural thing with GoT level ruthlessness, the story is pretty interesting, goes into some real dark and cool Egyptian stuff, the acting is really goddamn good, I would put it pretty close to True Detective, they go all out, the casting is actually really cool and the individual characters have some real interesting takes on commonly known stories.

Sounds pretty good. Keep me posted on if the seasons get better or worse I might watch a few episodes tomorrow.

Hell hath no fury like a bunch of nerds on video game forums.

I stopped sweating the scores when I realized that too many people hold stock into what amounts to an arbitrary number that does not reflect the true value of a game. I also realized that reviewing video games for a living sucks.

Your opinions and motives will always be questioned.

I give this post a 3/10.
How_Dare_You.gif

semisonic

Banned
Skyward sword is not better then most games

The combat was pretty great(and worked fine for me, which I guess just means that those who didn't get it need to get good), and dungeon design was fucking top notch.
Most of the new tools worked super well, but it certainly had hangups(The empty sky, collecting shit to upgrade the tools, the tutorial). The music was quality as always(if a bit less memorable than most mainline zeldas), the silent realm sections were alright and interesting in concept, and the visual design was pretty great.

You can say it wasn't a great Zelda game(tho the combat was maybe the most interesting it's ever been), but saying it wasn't better than most games is overreacting.
Plus those boss fights, especially with Ghirahim and Demise, and the Ancient Cistern as a whole kicked large amounts of ass.

And Groose was in it.
What more do you want.

Opinions and all that, tho. You have yours and I have mine.
Wanna play some divinity soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom