• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

I forget what part of the game that was

The farthest I got was blight town
tumblr_inline_mgzzp5GX3D1qglljb.gif

Wait, I'm thinking of the great sword. Never mind, long swords are okay.
The right way to play Greatsword to do the draw attack and sheathe. You don't walk with it out.

I would play dark souls when I get home, but I have a copy of p3 at my house

Waifus>dark souls
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7aBbr_1NGU
I started using those in MH4. They don't feel like they do any dmg to the bigger hunts.
Every weapon is balanced. I prefer heavy hitters, but you can do just as well with any weapon.

You probably are noticing that you don't stun or make monsters recoil or get as much knockdown with small weapons. That actually kinda goes away the farther you get into the game as monsters get bigger and tougher. DB are satisfying when you're in demon mode, and that's what they're built around.

I can never get true demon mode, but I barely use DBs.

croten

I really like them. They feel more mobile than the other weapons. Though, I did just switch to the charge blade to check it out and I see what you mean.
Dual blades are best used for elemental damage due to the amount of hits they do but they lack any real impact.

Every weapon is balanced. I prefer heavy hitters, but you can do just as well with any weapon.

You probably are noticing that you don't stun or make monsters recoil or get as much knockdown with small weapons. That actually kinda goes away the farther you get into the game as monsters get bigger and tougher. DB are satisfying when you're in demon mode, and that's what they're built around.

glad thats on my college internet now

Does my DPS go up? I picked them because they look cool and because there's less likelihood to miss like I miss with the greatsword.

Bah, one weeks worth of work down the drain, now I have to start again from scratch. I need some UNIEL in me, anyone want to go a few or should I ask later when more people are active.

Does my DPS go up? I picked them because they look cool and because there's less likelihood to miss like I miss with the greatsword.
The "good" or " correct" way to make them really useful is to abuse Dash juice to abuse Demon mode, and actually there's a mode that's better than Demon mode called True Demon that's pretty hard to pull off getting.

croten

The "good" or " correct" way to make them really useful is to abuse Dash juice to abuse Demon mode, and actually there's a mode that's better than Demon mode called True Demon that's pretty hard to pull off getting.
Isn't true demon mode when you fill up the sword meter? because that's really easy to do

Isn't true demon mode when you fill up the sword meter? because that's really easy to do
Isn't true demon mode just when you fill that gauge under the health/stamina bars?
You exit Demon mode when it's full, yeah, and it gives you archdemon, I said that poorly, but what I mean is that consistently using Archdemon is hard. Getting it filled from Demon mode hits is rough and applying it to it's full potential is hard.

Maybe I suck with Dual Blades though, I dunno

You exit Demon mode when it's full, yeah, and it gives you archdemon, I said that poorly, but what I mean is that consistently using Archdemon is hard. Getting it filled from Demon mode hits is rough and applying it to it's full potential is hard.

Maybe you do. I can get it and keep it for pretty much as long as a fight goes.

croten

I've always found it pretty easy to do,just gotta make sure you have a lot of stamina

Oberon

Banned
I won't be posting here from thursday until sunday because I'll be at a choir camp.
So that would be the perfect time to write those hate post about me
don't you dare insult my Waifu

Top Bottom