• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Don't say that, you don't know me!!!
tumblr_lxsylfeLW41r4ghkoo1_500.gif

How do you know if Banana isn't me or I am Banana? You don't know.

(´・ω・`)(´・ω・`)(´・ω・`)(´・ω・`)(´・ω・`)(´・ω・`)
I know

Zenfalcia

But I don't know myself either! So, it all works out.
I know
Nice.
You first avatar did have a banana in it...
That it did, I'm surprised you remembered.

no wonder it didnt take you guys long to rank up your HR
ive been doing more than just the key quests -_-
only need to do 4 quests it seems for urgent to appear

Big Boss talked a decent amount in some of the tapes (which most people who played the game probably didn't even listen to).

But in the actual story, his dialogue was cut a lot. I'm fine if he doesn't talk as much as Hayter does, but he needs to actually speak more in scenes than he did in GZ, which I think he will. I am fine with characters like Miller, Ocelot, and others driving the story though.

Xiraiya

I don't know, I miss Hayter and I feel like it's all a work, but I also feel like Big Boss being less talkative makes a lot of sense given the tone of this game. I don't think it's specifically a cost issue as all of that stuff would have been written first, but it does mean it makes even LESS sense to get rid of Hayter if he's not talking as much to begin with.

As for the Keifer voice, it actually does sound much closer to the Japanese Big Boss/Solid Snake, but obviously far less iconic.

Big Boss talked a decent amount in some of the tapes (which most people who played the game probably didn't even listen to).

But in the actual story, his dialogue was cut a lot. I'm fine if he doesn't talk as much as Hayter does, but he needs to actually speak more in scenes than he did in GZ, which I think he will. I am fine with characters like Miller, Ocelot, and others driving the story though.

I heard the tapes.

The impression I got was that Kojima didn't want to pay Kiefer for his time, which leaves the door open again for Hayter.

Which then raises the question: why hire Kiefer if you're not going to actively use him?

Gruff Jack Bauer is a crappy replacement.

I was under the impression that Kiefer was going to get meaty dialogue and flesh out Big Boss post MGS3 and Peace Walker.

I don't want to play an open world MGS MMO with a Silent Boss to keep me engaged. I'm boring.

I heard the tapes.

The impression I got was that Kojima didn't want to pay Kiefer for his time, which leaves the door open again for Hayter.

Which then raises the question: why hire Kiefer if you're not going to actively use him?

I was under the impression that Kiefer was going to get meaty dialogue and flesh out Big Boss post MGS3 and Peace Walker.

I don't want to play an open world MGS MMO with a Silent Boss to keep me engaged. I'm boring.

None of us will really know why until the game actually comes out. I have faith in Kojima more than any other dev to put out an awesome product, regardless of what is said about the game. Especially when he's deceived us all multiple times and continues to do it.

Xiraiya

That argument is irrelevant as he doesn't talk much in game to begin with, in MGS3 most of the time he was listening to people rattle off on him, the only person who really made him talkative was PARAMEDIC asking him about movies, and The Boss.
He was dead silent in regular gameplay, if anything, he is likely going to be more prone to muttering comments about things you look at and see as you're exploring than he ever was in previous games while other characters drive the story in Cutscenes and codec.

Squishy3

I heard the tapes.

Kiefer didn't talk much in Ground Zeroes because it was a $20/$30 downloadable title. :lol

He's going to have way more lines in a $60 retail release, dude. There's like what, 50 lines total among all the characters in Ground Zeroes? (Not including guard chatter, I guess) We just won't have extensive codec conversations. (Which, well, some of them were pretty ridiculous in 3.) Call Paramedic to save and she spendsa ridiculous amount of time total throughout the entire game talking about movies.

It's so annoying that my roommate tries to tell me shit about game news.
Like trying to upset me about the mgs v release isnt going to work.
I already knew what the launch window was gonna be I know the release date now that's what matters jesus.

That argument is irrelevant as he doesn't talk much in game to begin with, in MGS3 most of the time he was listening to people rattle off on him, the only person who really made him talkative was PARAMEDIC asking him about movies, and The Boss.
He was dead silent in regular gameplay, if anything, he is likely going to be more prone to muttering comments about things you look at and see as you're exploring than he ever was in previous games while other characters drive the story in Cutscenes and codec.

I think Peacewalker kind of ruined people on the fact that Big Boss is actually a lot more quiet than Solid Snake. BB felt so out of character in that game because he just had way too much to say and he felt/sounded a lot more like Snake than he did BB.

Part of me really understands why they decided not to go with Hayter for BB again. I think with this game they really want to separate any similar ties he might have to Snake (even if he is, his "son"), considering how radically different their characters eventually become.

If you think about it, having Hayter doing the dialogue for all the fucked up shit BB will eventually do in this game just wouldn't make sense, considering how associated the Hayter voice is with being the "hero"

Shackzam

It's so annoying that my roommate tries to tell me shit about game news.
Like trying to upset me about the mgs v release isnt going to work.
I already knew what the launch window was gonna be.
Yeah, since I got on neogaf I've been ahead of most people in gaming news. I just look like a smartass, but I gotta correct some wrong information for people.

Xiraiya

I think Peacewalker kind of ruined people on the fact that Big Boss is actually a lot more quiet than Solid Snake. BB felt so out of character in that game because he just had way too much to say and he felt/sounded a lot more like Snake than he did BB.
Part of me really understands why they decided not to go with Hayter for BB again. I think with this game they really want to separate any similar ties he might have to Snake (even if he is, his "son"), considering the radical directions their characters take.
If you think about it, having Hayter doing the dialogue for all the fucked up shit BB will eventually do in this game just wouldn't make sense, considering how associated the Hayter voice is with being the "hero"

Yeah, honestly since it's at that point where it's on the verge of looping back onto Solid Snake, BB not being Hayter definitely makes more sense now, though really they should have had Hayter voice him up until the Coma.

Yeah, honestly since it's at that point where it's on the verge of looping back onto Solid Snake, BB not being Hayter definitely makes more sense now, though really they should have had Hayter voice him up until the Coma.

That I can totally agree with. Would have made more sense if his voice changed after the long coma instead of like, barely anytime after PW.

Top Bottom