• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

croten

Yeah, honestly since it's at that point where it's on the verge of looping back onto Solid Snake, BB not being Hayter definitely makes more sense now, though really they should have had Hayter voice him up until the Coma.
That would only make sense if they changed the Japanese voice actor as well.

Yeah, since I got on neogaf I've been ahead of most people in gaming news. I just look like a smartass, but I gotta correct some wrong information for people.
Heh, yeah. I've had this 'problem'. I'll admit I do feel kinda satisfied when I know an entire topic and they're talking about it without all the details, but I'm an asshole.

Emouse

Lookit this fancy bullshit

zZ2PLFd.jpg
eabDgKt.jpg

Dio why you wearing that dog? is that what you call fashion is the 1880s?

Xiraiya

That would only make sense if they changed the Japanese voice actor as well.
Well that would be true if people thought it was a canon story thing that his voice changed, but I don't think any of the characters would/should acknowledge something like that, it would just exist only to make the transition better for English players.

But it's irrelevant regardless.

croten

Well that would be true if people thought it was a canon story thing that his voice changed, but I don't think any of the characters would/should acknowledge something like that, it would just exist only to make the transition better for English players.

But it's irrelevant regardless.
But my point is why is it only for the English players
I totally didn't forget that monsters had to be limping for the tranq bombs to work.
And trapped

Zenfalcia

It's so annoying that my roommate tries to tell me shit about game news.
Like trying to upset me about the mgs v release isnt going to work.
I already knew what the launch window was gonna be I know the release date now that's what matters jesus.
It's fine! Just tell him you don't care or tell him your actually thoughts about it.
Yeah, since I got on neogaf I've been ahead of most people in gaming news. I just look like a smartass, but I gotta correct some wrong information for people.
How wrong have they gotten information? any examples?

It's fine! Just tell him you don't care or tell him your actually thoughts about it.

He tried to give me a bullshit release date back during TGS. He's just trying to make me all upset cause he doesnt like metal gear or whatever.

croten

Because Japanese Big Boss already has the kind of voice Kojima wanted in this game, Keifer sounds much closer to that than Hayter ever did.

Here

I always forget Miller is Gintoki/Joseph
That makes sense I guess, I still think they should have just used Richard Doyle instead of using a transition even if it did sound a little too old but that's just me.

Shackzam

Heh, yeah. I've had this 'problem'. I'll admit I do feel kinda satisfied when I know an entire topic and they're talking about it without all the details, but I'm an asshole.
Same here

It hasn't happened recently since I try to avoid those conversation because it just leads to fanboyism. I know it was happening during the ps4 and xbone announcements.

Xiraiya

That sucks. I adore the fuck out of both DS and Metal Gear. Probably my two favorite western styled video game series.

For me, along with MGS and Dark Souls, there is Elder Scrolls (Morrowind more than anything) and Mass Effect, 1 was legendary, 2 was weird but ended up growing on me over time, and 3... well I don't know about 3, the Multiplayer was oddly addicting and fun though.

Xiraiya

If he's not irrationally in love with Platinum games like all of you, then he'd obviously never fucking want to give Rising the time of day since it's still part of the Metal Gear series.

So is there anywhere I can watch the Biofreak stream? Is it archived on max's twitch? I really want to see it now.

It's archived on his twitch

He also hates platinum games cause as he stated he wants to play the game not watch it.

If he really hates the cutscenes, he can just skip then.

Then again, he probably sounds like the kind of person who doesn't even talk to NPC's or read item descriptions in the souls games.

For me, along with MGS and Dark Souls, there is Elder Scrolls (Morrowind more than anything) and Mass Effect, 1 was legendary, 2 was weird but ended up growing on me over time, and 3... well I don't know about 3, the Multiplayer was oddly addicting and fun though.

I played ME pretty out of order. Started with 2 and gave up on that like right before the suicide mission, then played 1. It was ok I guess.

I have no idea what qualifies as a "Western style game" per se, but Valve are my favorite Western devs.
If he's not irrationally in love with Platinum games like all of you, then he'd obviously never fucking want to give Rising the time of day since it's still part of the Metal Gear series.
I loved MGR and I gave no shits about Metal Gear and had never played a Platinum game.

Top Bottom