• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

image.php

Pokemon =/= monster girls.

Scylla for the win.

semisonic

Banned
you guys have pleb level tastes in monster girls

Hey pokemon's a different thing entirely.
and you picked like the only real good one of those anyways.

Seeing this page fill up with that fucking gif is making me lose my shit. Amazing. It's just that every time I see it I can't not crack up. Now my roommate's giving me weird looks.

Zenfalcia

Dammit Zen, you had to quote it.
I had to.
Hey pokemon's a different thing entirely.
and you picked like the only real good one of those anyways.

Seeing this page fill up with that fucking gif is making me lose my shit. Amazing. It's just that every time I see it I can't not crack up. Now my roommate's giving me weird looks.
You love it.
Why should we talk about that creepy ass GF gif when we can talk about monster girls instead
Why not both?

Zenfalcia

Ants

Gravity Falls is actually super good, if you dig beneath the surface. Every episode has a secret code at the end to decode that will help reveal some of the occult mysteries in the shows, and there's a whole lot of symbology and foreshadowing and cryptography strung through the episodes themselves. They're also legitimately pretty funny. It's a return to the late 80s/early 90s cartooning trends of making stuff that kids and adults alike can enjoy.

How good are these guys' podcast?

It's pretty great, although it depends on your interests. If you don't like the same kinds of games they like, you won't be a fan. There's often a huuuuge segment about fighting games that occupies tens of minutes of the podcast.

The general format they have is starting with some natural conversation, transitioning into what the four of them did with their weeks (usually movies and video games), and then they go into the week's news. It's largely video game related but sometimes there'll be other stuff related to their other interests (like if someone makes a giant robot they'd probably be all over that). Then, they finish up with "what are you guys hyped for in the coming week", "what are we doing with the channel/website in the coming week" and "taking questions from the fans".

If you reaaaaaally ardently follow GAF, that's gonna cover maybe 70% of the news they bring up, but they usually pull up some stuff from other sources, too. Really, though, the main draw is getting their take on it and their personalities, since the guys know a lot about the industry and have pretty strongly defined tastes.

I would say there's probably no benefit to listening through podcasts more than a week or two old.

Anyone know about the cathedral of shadows podcast and if they're any good? Leaving for class in a bit and not in the mood to catch up on some bombcasts.

Also do they talk more about Persona or do they actually cover SMT more?

Anyone know about the cathedral of shadows podcast and if they're any good? Leaving for class in a bit and not in the mood to catch up on some bombcasts.

SMT in general. They've gotten a lot better with time and Rasen is mai waifu.

SMT in general. They've gotten a lot better with time and Rasen is mai waifu.

I expect most podcasts when they start are pretty rough. Are they on the itunes?

They mostly cover SMT, but they do delve into some purse owners.

I don't mind if they talk about Persona obviously, just don't want it to be a persona podcast. Sounds good though. I'll download some episodes and give them a listen.

Zenfalcia

They cover a lot of SMT and some of Persona. They spoil older games like Megami Tensei and SMTII tho.

They cover a lot of SMT and some of Persona. They spoil older games like Megami Tensei and SMTII tho.

That's fine. I really don't plan on going back to those games with all the SMT games I still have to catch up on.

Beleive so, at least they USED to be. Not sure if they kept up with it since I don't use itunes for them.

I'll just use the download links in the video and drag them onto itunes then if they're not there. Thanks.

semisonic

Banned
That'll save nintendo.

Goddamnit. Gaf has ruined that phrase for me with all the nintendoomed threads I visited before the mods started cracking down on that shit. I think I left a large chunk of my soul back there, in the warzone.
Gaming side is truly cancer when it's not talking about news.

Jman014

Gravity Falls is actually super good, if you dig beneath the surface. Every episode has a secret code at the end to decode that will help reveal some of the occult mysteries in the shows, and there's a whole lot of symbology and foreshadowing and cryptography strung through the episodes themselves. They're also legitimately pretty funny. It's a return to the late 80s/early 90s cartooning trends of making stuff that kids and adults alike can enjoy.

This actually sounds pretty interesting.

Zenfalcia

Goddamnit. Gaf has ruined that phrase for me with all the nintendoomed threads I visited before the mods started cracking down on that shit. I think I left a large chunk of my soul back there, in the warzone.
Gaming side is truly cancer when it's not talking about news.
I can stop if you didn't want to see it. Mods banned people for saying that phrase? it couldn't have been that bad...

I am so happy Battletoads are in the Windows 10 version of Shovel Knight. I'll wait until that's out. Damn I was putting off Shovel Knight because Vita, but fucking Battletoads? I need that.
When's Ssapo for Shovel Knight?

semisonic

Banned
I can stop if you didn't want to see it. Mods banned people for saying that phrase? it couldn't have been that bad...

No it's fine. I get sad every time i see it, but that's all.
Mods didn't ban people for the phrase, mods banned people for going too hard in the threads, as well as turning any nintendo-related thread into nintendoomed threads by way of hostile takeover. People were also banned for arguing back too hard. It was like an endless cycle of actually earnest trolls and overreactions. It fucking sucked, and I'm sure I would've been banned arguing back if I had an account back then.
That was the era of the wii u sales threads

Top Bottom