• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Archgan

Alot of people listen to podcasts while playing including myself
I cant remember the last time i played a fighting game online while not having a podcast up.
But when the sound is important or it has a sick OST i usually listen. but not online games most of the time
That's why I said it was a little weird because the sound plays a largish role in the game. But listening to same thing over and over again while trying to get the stupid bullseye got a little annoying.

Except COD4 is not through natural play. Don't you have 3 star the air plane spec ops mission to get the last achievenment?
Yeah, I three stared every mission because I loved the game. It is a little like going through a character action game going for S ranks. Maybe you wouldn't call it natural play but I didn't do it just for the achievement

Xemnas. Is. DEFEATED!!!

Holy shit, everything about that fight was as insanely awesome as I remembered. Goddamn.

Probably the third best ending QTE in anything, following after MGS4 and Wonderful 101.

I don't know if it's my weapon, or if I'm getting better, but these monsters don't feel ad tough as they did before. I just tore through a rathalos like it was nothing.

sjay1994

I platinumed Borderlands 1, RE5, and FF13-2.

13-2 was probably my favorite platinum to get.

Borderlands is a nope because grinding 4 characters is a pain, re5 I was too lazy to upgrade all the weapons.

I borrowed FF13-2, and it would have been my very first FF game... I put it in my PS3, watched the intro cutscene, and had the violent urge saying "I do not want to play this"

I then ejected the game from my PS3, and returned it back to the owner.

Borderlands is a nope because grinding 4 characters is a pain, re5 I was too lazy to upgrade all the weapons.

I borrowed FF13-2, and it would have been my very first FF game... I put it in my PS3, watched the intro cutscene, and had the violent urge saying "I do not want to play this"

I then ejected the game from my PS3, and returned it back to the owner.

There was like no grinding. Pretty sure the only character specific trophies were to use their special skills to kill like 10 enemies. You could easily do that in like an hour.

Archgan

I almost platinumed inFamous 1, but rockhound might be the worst collectible-tied achievement ever. I'm also really close to getting perfect in BoI and that was mostly through natural play.

I used to care about gamerscore but as soonas I got a PS3 I realised that Trophies were the stupidest thing ever and it was annoying to keep track of my achievmensts as well so I just gave up on both. Steam achievements are also pointless. I just play games for fun now.
I'm slowly coming to the same realization and maybe some day I'll stop caring. But for now they're still a bit fun
Xemnas. Is. DEFEATED!!!

Holy shit, everything about that fight was as insanely awesome as I remembered. Goddamn.

Probably the third best ending QTE in anything, following after MGS4 and Wonderful 101.
YEAAAAHHHHH. Man I hope 3 can top that, and if it doesn't I hope it can do something just as good at least. 358/2 Days's final boss was okay, Coded was a huge let down, BBS was okay as well, probably better than Days's. I just want more crazy dumb bullshit because reasons

Fuck HLM2's
Assault Rifle restock bullshit character
Eva is a really complicated mess to describe my feelings on. I mean, if it had stay true to the original vision, which was the deconstruction elements, it would have been a mess I would have hated.

Eva is an awful plot, with some truly awful storytelling, and some haphazardly written characters, but the bizarre mind of a truly broken man created some of the most poignant imagery, scenarios, and symbolism imaginable, to the point where it all comes to together, and it all comes together amazingly. Eva trying to tell a story is not why I love Eva.

Something Rebuild needs to learn, badly.
10/10 totally agree.
Rukako is the best misidentified character in anything.

Go watch/play Steins;Gate at some point, folks.
Rukako's pretty awesome.

they needed some one to push getting the fuck out at no cost so that's why she's like that
Smt4 is really pushing me off due to the heavy reuse of the law and chaos stuff. They already nailed it in 1 and 2 and got rid of it entirely in 3, so it worries me. I might play it some day.
SMT4 is a huge love letter to 1 and 2. It's kinda amazing how much it references and resembles the old games and the new stuff isn't half bad.

Game has problems, but it's good.

Something something The Pain
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Zenfalcia

Yeah, I three stared every mission because I loved the game. It is a little like going through a character action game going for S ranks. Maybe you wouldn't call it natural play but I didn't do it just for the achievement
Ah, okay. Yeah, if you wanted to do it and got the achievement as a side effect it's all good.

Also, regarding getting platinum trophies, I've got a few mostly from playing the shit out of Sega Arcade ports like Daytona or Afterburner Climax, but the one I went the extra mile to get every trophy for?

Drakengard 3.

No regrets. If I had more time or patience, I probably would've done the same for the remaining trophies I had left in NieR.

I think I know what you're talking about, but elaborate. I don't want to accidentally spoil anything.
I'm in the
jungle and the character can't pick up weapons, he has a gun you choose shotgun/assault rifle and right click switches to knife, and there's enemies that can only be killed with the rifle.

On an unrelated note, them fixing Tony to be fists only is AWESOME. Some of my favorite levels were from going all fists, though, not being able to see enemies that can shoot you is my biggest gripe with HLM2 so far.

sjay1994

Wow.
I am not that good at games.
Looking at my profile i played 419 games and 5 games completed 100%. 16% completion rate. 3 plats. the walking dead one was my friend not me
http://psnprofiles.com/imtherealkratos

I've only played 142

The games I've platinumed are

• Batman Arkham Asylum and City
  • Uncharted 2 and 3
  • God of war 1->3 and Asencion
  • Assassins Creed 2->Unity
  • Call of Duty Black Ops, Ghosts (it was 20 bucks, and plated it in a weekend, its not good) and AW
  • Mass Effect 2->3
  • Killzone 3
  • Heavy Rain
  • Force Unleashed 2 (fuck this game)
  • Infamous 2->First Light
  • Portal 2
  • Skyrim
  • Crysis 2
  • prototype 2
  • PSABR (this game is not great)
  • Walking dead (twice)
  • P4G
  • Danganronpa 1
  • Revengeance
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • L.A Noire, Red Dead and GTA V
  • VLR
  • MGS3
  • saints row 3
  • Transistor
  • Wolfenstien TNO
  • Evil Within
  • Battlefield 4
  • Guacamelee
  • Watch Dogs
  • Korra
  • TLOU
  • Mordor
  • Destiny
  • Grim Fandango
  • Evolve
  • Farcry 4

It's getting confusing with the no plot what so ever in the first one

It's hard to follow along.
I'm in the
jungle and the character can't pick up weapons, he has a gun you choose shotgun/assault rifle and right click switches to knife, and there's enemies that can only be killed with the rifle.

Fuck. Those. Missions. They're awful. The later ones are even worse.

Also, regarding getting platinum trophies, I've got a few mostly from playing the shit out of Sega Arcade ports like Daytona or Afterburner Climax, but the one I went the extra mile to get every trophy for?

Drakengard 3.

No regrets. If I had more time or patience, I probably would've done the same for the remaining trophies I had left in NieR.

Drakengard 3 was nowhere near as bad as Nier and the dumb planting bs. The only ones I'm missing out on are the side missions and upgrading all the weapons (which I'll probably have enough money to do after all the side missions/sister DLCs).

Honestly, the hardest trophy in that game is
Finishing Branch D. Just fuck that final boss fight so much, but its so good.

You probably already figured this out, but use the knife on everything that doesn't require bullets to kill.
Yep, but
I got checkpointed without ammo before I realized that. The fact taking ammo is placed right next to the fatty is infuriating.

I'll just take a break and come back later.

Numb

I've only played 142

The games I've platinumed are

I think i ever bought 20 games for my PS3.
Half the rest i got from plus and the other half from my library
That is why i dont have the urge to complete games fully since i get alot of them easily.
My completion rate for my old 360 is much higher

Ilvocare

I don't think I've ever platinumed or gotten all the achievements for a game. In fact, any game that I've 100%-ed is likely to be a portable game, and even that's not something I do often.

On an unrelated note, I just remembered the Trauma Center series. God damn it I want another TC/TT and I'll never fucking get it because those games are unplayable with a traditional controller. Literally the one thing I'd defend touch/motion controls for.

I haven't platnumed any of my games... I guess I can try with EDF....
On an unrelated note, I just remembered the Trauma Center series. God damn it I want another TC/TT and I'll never fucking get it because those games are unplayable with a traditional controller. Literally the one thing I'd defend touch/motion controls for.
Huh. I have to pick it up. Doi's the best artist.

Top Bottom