• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

sjay1994

Honestly I think only the last two heroes have been "White" not counting desmond.
Ezio is Italian, despite his VA Altier was uh I dont know the correct term so I wont even try, and conner was Native American

When you look at the whole AC spectrum the white characters who have their own big thing are: Ezio, Nikoli Orlov, Desmond, Arno,Edward and the new guy in Victory

and the ethnicities include

Altair, Connor, Adewale, Arbuz Mir, Shao Jun and Aveline.

If I made an avatar bet with carebear... this is what I would give him

08e04330f72b153ce87317345ab1b184.jpg

Can't I have Mexican Donte instead?

I'M SO FUCKING CLOSE TO BEATING DARK SOULS BUT GYWN IS SUCH A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

I can't learn to parry, I've tried all kinds of swords,shields, etc.

Nothing is working.

He's too aggressive and my timing for parry is too shit. I was hoping to beat this shit before Bloodborne and just so I can say I beat Dark Souls.

sjay1994

Nothing is working.

He's too aggressive and my timing for parry is too shit. I was hoping to beat this shit before Bloodborne and just so I can say I beat Dark Souls.

Its ok.

Just be like Pat and don't beat the final boss.

Nothing is working.

Target Shield? Parrying Dagger?

Practice on the Black Knights.

Nothing is working.

So go back to Firelink and practice on the Hollows there.

Just remember, the timing for Parry in DaS is really odd, you want to hit it right as your about to get hit, one you put the shield up that is the window where you can parry someone, everything after that is a recovery animation.

Nothing is working.

Have you tried parrying with the parrying dagger?

Ants

I've found that everyone but me was apparently super adverse to parrying in Dark Souls for some reason. I killed the Undead Burg Black Knight by parrying as soon as I encountered him, and everyone else either came back later to smash his face in, or lamed it out with drop attacks/arrows/black firebombs. To me it's just so intuitive, but everyone I know either dodges or turtles the entire game and never learns to parry.

Anyway, the best enemy to practice parrying on is the spear hollows you encounter in Undead Burg and other places (in fact, the one in the Asylum is right where the devs tell you about parrying). Their timing is really straightforward.

I did the thing. 2 and a half pages in less than an hour. I just need one more thing done and I'm free until next friday. Damn I feel great right now. Thanks everyone, Cherry Pepsi, and Rocket Knight Adventures OST

Also UT whut why feel bad.

So go back to Firelink and practice on the Hollows there.

Just remember, the timing for Parry in DaS is really odd, you want to hit it right as your about to get hit, one you put the shield up that is the window where you can parry someone, everything after that is a recovery animation.

Have you tried parrying with the parrying dagger?

Target Shield? Parrying Dagger?

Practice on the Black Knights.

Target Shield? I don't have that one.

Parrying Dagger? I'll have to see if I have it in the item box or if I need to go find it. :/

So, are you guys saying to keep the shield up and parry? Or leave it down and parry?

Its ok.

Just be like Pat and don't beat the final boss.

I don't want to be a fraud! ;_;

I've found that everyone but me was apparently super adverse to parrying in Dark Souls for some reason. I killed the Undead Burg Black Knight by parrying as soon as I encountered him, and everyone else either came back later to smash his face in, or lamed it out with drop attacks/arrows/black firebombs. To me it's just so intuitive, but everyone I know either dodges or turtles the entire game and never learns to parry.

Anyway, the best enemy to practice parrying on is the spear hollows you encounter in Undead Burg and other places (in fact, the one in the Asylum is right where the devs tell you about parrying). Their timing is really straightforward.

Nah I learned to parry early, I actually thought it was the block when I very first played, then learned what it was and relied on that way more then the block.
Target Shield? I don't have that one.

Parrying Dagger? I'll have to see if I have it in the item box or if I need to go find it. :/

So, are you guys saying to keep the shield up and parry? Or leave it down and parry?

I don't want to be a fraud! ;_;

I'm assuming you've fought Gwyn enough times now to have seen everything in his move set. I would just keep it down, and recognize the start up animation for his moves and then prepare to time it correctly.

Xiraiya

I had to lame it out on the first encounter because I hadn't quite figured parry out, but I kept re-loading a save until I had mastered Parrying and black knights became fun encounters after that.

Nothing is working.

Well if you want to cheese it, there's an exploit with the environment. I don't remember exactly how it work except you basically you run around a pillar and the you have to keep the pillar in between you and gywn. Wait for him to attack then have at him till he recovers. I think that's the way you cheese it iirc

Nah I learned to parry early, I actually thought it was the block when I very first played, then learned what it was and relied on that way more then the block.

I'm assuming you've fought Gwyn enough times now to have seen everything in his move set. I would just keep it down, and recognize the start up animation for his moves and then prepare to time it correctly.

That's what is so infuriating to me, I know all his moves and I can literally dodge all of them even that crazy tracking Lunge he does. THe problem is that after Dodging I have no window to attack so it just turns into this ridiculous swordsman ballet of me flipping around and him doing his cool things. Honestly he seems piss easy, he takes around 300 damage everytime I get hit in, but it becomes this awful war of dodge and block attrition.

Also his command grab is bullshit, and I find it hard to predict it because the animation he goes into looks exactly the same as one of his sword move startups.

It's just that he never gives me enough opening to heal because his attacks can do a lot of damage when my Shield isn't up.

Jman014

Except no one is paying attention to you.

You should go to Alexis Nihon, Montreal Quebec, set your self on fire with a sign next to you saying "whens ultimax"

They still won't play it though.

I ALWAYS pay attention to Korra.
except when the week ends and skla has to use a new avatar that's not Korra
To anyone watching PG's stream, is it working for them? Its not for me.

Stuck on loading for me.

I'm super close to finishing my NG+ run and should be playing it right now instead of waiting for Goodwil with the new OT. The
abandon factory
like dungeon in EP is way more weird in
unlocking doors

No I meant when you said you felt bad about trying to talk about it with me. Wait it's not based on progress like IS's was?

To anyone watching PG's stream, is it working for them? Its not for me.
No I meant when you said you felt bad about trying to talk about it with me. Wait it's not based on progress like IS's was?
It is, but I'm at the last dungeon and its not unlocking the last door. Also I'm having trouble with GAF and HW mixing...

That's what is so infuriating to me, I know all his moves and I can literally dodge all of them even that crazy tracking Lunge he does. THe problem is that after Dodging I have no window to attack so it just turns into this ridiculous swordsman ballet of me flipping around and him doing his cool things. Honestly he seems piss easy, he takes around 300 damage everytime I get hit in, but it becomes this awful war of dodge and block attrition.

Also his command grab is bullshit, and I find it hard to predict it because the animation he goes into looks exactly the same as one of his sword move startups.

It's just that he never gives me enough opening to heal because his attacks can do a lot of damage when my Shield isn't up.

Hm..I'm not just gonna say git gud, but stop using your shield for blocking, I'm assuming you're using a medium shield which is fine. Use it only for parrying, people tend to use that as a crutch. Once you parry him, switch to two handed and wreck his shit, and then keep dodging until you see an attack you're comfortable enough to try and parry..then rinse and repeat.

Have fun with Kalameet.

Ants

More DS1 parry advice: parry the hand, not the weapon. The movements of weapons can often be deceptive, but if you watch the enemy's hand, as soon as it begins to swing toward you, you should have enough time to hit the parry button and get in the window, without being early.

Skrams

Gonna miss the new thread because reasons. Someone please post something respectable on the front page for new people who might glance at the thread for some strange reason. Just do say it's the Giantbomb of things like I did with the last thread.

Top Bottom