• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

sjay1994

God... this gif put me in tears

giphy.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Actually to get on topic.

Life is Strange seems really...dull, like I wonder why there is even a time mechanic in the first place. Or why it's even given so much context in the story, though I'm sure something might happen to make the story more interesting.

I guess it's good for those who like hipster stuff and references without much else.

I'm not too interested in the game, but what makes it enjoyable for me is Matt and Liam. They are a killer combo.

Jman014

Actually to get on topic.

Life is Strange seems really...dull, like I wonder why there is even a time mechanic in the first place. Or why it's even given so much context in the story, though I'm sure something might happen to make the story more interesting.

I guess it's good for those who like hipster stuff and references without much else.

I'm not too interested in the game, but what makes it enjoyable for me is Matt and Liam. They are a killer combo.

Like I said, I find the protagonist very interesting and I'd also say I find the setting interesting as well, as weird as that is.
Nothing major in episode 1 happens that requires extensive or more important use of the time mechanic minus the short sequence that takes place way closer to the end of episode 1. We'll just have to see if the future episodes feature more sequences like the final one in episode 1 along with if all the choices that you CAN make in episode 1 are of any importance in future episodes.

Well...Interest sorta lost.

But not completely, as I heard that the SMT games have better gameplay than Persona.

If you are going to play any SMT I would say Nocturne is the one to play. The gameplay is much improved than the Persona series, as people have already said. I think it is only $10 on PSN and it goes on sale pretty often if you are interested.

360pages

SMT Strange Journey and SMT 3 as well as the Digital Devil Saga have great gameplay, everything other than that is hit or miss.

360pages

Like I said, I find the protagonist very interesting and I'd also say I find the setting interesting as well, as weird as that is.
Nothing major in episode 1 happens that requires extensive or more important use of the time mechanic minus the short sequence that takes place way closer to the end of episode 1. We'll just have to see if the future episodes feature more sequences like the final one in episode 1 along with if all the choices that you CAN make in episode 1 are of any importance in future episodes.

Eh...the problem is, it's barely seems like it's going to evolve past random school shit with a time reverse mechanic. Though I guess if the plot or setting doesn't inherently find interesting the game can easily fall apart. Even the characters just pretty much exist, not only that...aren't these people in Collage or some shit?

In fact, when was the last time you see a high art school home jocks and regular teenage clichés?

If you are going to play any SMT I would say Nocturne is the one to play. The gameplay is much improved than the Persona series, as people have already said. I think it is only $10 on PSN and it goes on sale pretty often if you are interested.

Alright, I'll see about it, on a sale. Is there a way I can play on the Vita?

Jman014

Eh...the problem is, it's barely seems like it's going to evolve past random school shit with a time reverse mechanic. Though I guess if the plot or setting doesn't inherently find interesting the game can easily fall apart. Even the characters just pretty much exist, not only that...aren't these people in Collage or some shit?

In fact, when was the last time you see a high art school home jocks and regular teenage clichés?

Well it's only episode 1 so I'd give it more time. It's a special high school focusing on photography. It says so in the game.

Also high school.

Yeah that's the part that fucking irks me. This is a specialty school for the arts, right?

Why the fuck are there Jocks here? I can see everyone else, but the Jocks are super out of place.
It still has things like science classes. It's a specialty high school but it's still a typical high school. So the jocks aren't exactly out of place.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Yeah that's the part that fucking irks me. This is a specialty school for the arts, right?

Why the fuck are there Jocks here? I can see everyone else, but the Jocks are super out of place.

360pages

Well it's only episode 1 so I'd give it more time. It's a special high school focusing on photography. It says so in the game.

Also high school.

That still doesn't make sense, considering quite a few of the characters in said school show little to no interest in school. And, I assumed it was Collage since they have dorms and the lead is said to be 18.

sjay1994

Short hair over one eye

You can't make me choose between bad options

I am pretty casual when it comes to my anime viewings. Its mostly shoen, and the only things I watch now are Jojo and Death Parade....

but I keep seeing pics of girls who either have an eye patch, or are heterochromatic, and I just go why.

Is this a thing?

Zenfalcia

I am pretty casual when it comes to my anime viewings. Its mostly shoen, and the only things I watch now are Jojo and Death Parade....

but I keep seeing pics of girls who either have an eye patch, or are heterochromatic, and I just go why.

Is this a thing?
It's a trope. It happens all the time. 9 times out of 10 a girl with an eye patch has a yellow eye underneath.

Xiraiya

Yeah the "Life Is Strange" school seems extremely conveniently contrived in some ways but there are plenty of weird "alternative" schools like that that do exist, so...

Jman014

That still doesn't make sense, considering quite a few of the characters in said school show little to no interest in school. And, I assumed it was Collage since they have dorms and the lead is said to be 18.

That's just school life, man. Like I said, it's a specialty high school.

Yeah the "Life Is Strange" school seems extremely conveniently contrived in some ways but there are plenty of weird "alternative" schools like that that do exist, so...

There are lots of alternative schools in the States. I searched for and went to one during my last year in high school so I don't see how odd it is to have something like this. It didn't even have a main "campus" setting but it still had things like athletics and even prom!
"

Top Bottom