• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Even film nerds play sports right?

From a realistic standpoint, it looks like the jocks are all part of a team in the school. A school that already dedicates so much into it's arts programs that it is classified as a specialty school would fucking NEVER or it's highly unlikely that they would have a athletics department as well.

I too am a sucker for hair/bangs over one eye.. It's just something about it is appealing.
Kurumi_school.jpg

Hair over an eye AND Twin Tails? My God, you're killing me over here...

Eh...the problem is, it's barely seems like it's going to evolve past random school shit with a time reverse mechanic. Though I guess if the plot or setting doesn't inherently find interesting the game can easily fall apart. Even the characters just pretty much exist, not only that...aren't these people in Collage or some shit?

In fact, when was the last time you see a high art school home jocks and regular teenage clichés?

Everytime I forget to bring my headphones to campus, I hear some tool on the bus talking about how fucked up they need to get this weekend and how they always skip class or some dumb shit.

Those stereotypes/cliches are super real.

360pages

That's just school life, man. Like I said, it's a specialty high school.

I mean, it's weird, but we legit barely know how to school works. I don't even know if it's highschool, because unless the lead failed a year or birthday came late she should have graduated at that point.

Though I probably don't think he writing and characters are good enough to carry the current problems of the game. It legit just might not be for me, despite me loving Liam and Matt talk about it, I would die if I watched it on a stream or something.

Zenfalcia

oh yeah she kinda doesn't have and upper moves does she?

I can get behind hair over eyes.
I can get behind the girl who has it too.
Too much I apologize
It's okay. Just accept it, no need to apologize.
Hair over an eye AND Twin Tails? My God, you're killing me over here...
Kurumi is best girl. It's almost enough to make Date a Live worth watching.. Almost...

Jman014

From a realistic standpoint, it looks like the jocks are all part of a team in the school. A school that already dedicates so much into it's arts programs that it is classified as a specialty school would fucking NEVER or it's highly unlikely that they would have a athletics department as well.

You don't think an American high school could still be under regulations that require them to have an athletics program and non-arts courses like science just to meet education standards?

I mean, it's weird, but we legit barely know how to school works. I don't even know if it's highschool, because unless the lead failed a year or birthday came late she should have graduated at that point.

Though I probably don't think he writing and characters are good enough to carry the current problems of the game. It legit just might not be for me, despite me loving Liam and Matt talk about it, I would die if I watched it on a stream or something.
It's literally brought up in the game that it's a high school. And yes she's 18 in high school but I'm pretty sure in the game it's explained that Max is a senior for this school.

I too am a sucker for hair/bangs over one eye.. It's just something about it is appealing.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140803190858/p__/protagonist/images/a/a2/Kurumi_school.jpg][/QUOTE]

[quote="demidar, post: 154065947"]Do you have a thing for short hair like Woolie?[/QUOTE]
[quote=][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n9P5ZTG.jpg

Everytime I forget to bring my headphones to campus, I hear some tool on the bus talking about how fucked up they need to get this weekend and how they always skip class or some dumb shit.

Those stereotypes/cliches are super real.

That's not a jock stereotype tho. I would know. I was one.

From a realistic standpoint, it looks like the jocks are all part of a team in the school. A school that already dedicates so much into it's arts programs that it is classified as a specialty school would fucking NEVER or it's highly unlikely that they would have an athletics department as well.

Good point, but the French don't really understand the American school system(this takes place in America, right?)

360pages

You don't think an American high school could still be under regulations that require them to have an athletics program and non-arts courses like science just to meet education standards?

Even then it wouldn't be the focus of the school, at least not to the point where there is a Jock character that could exist. It's like the story wants to have its cake and eat it too. There is no reason why the story couldn't have been set up at a regular collage or a special school without all the high school drama garbage.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

It's literally brought up in the game that it's a high school. And yes she's 18 in high school but I'm pretty sure in the game it's explained that Max is a senior for this school.

Maybe a fucking gym class, but not an organized, placed athletics team.

Speaking of osmosis.

5124YP8MB8L._SY300_.jpg

This is the dumbest best movie.

That movie was my childhood.

My sister goes to a performing arts school. They have no athletics program.

It's extremely unlikely for a high school that isn't private.

360pages

Normally you graduate from Highschool at 17, unless her birthday came a little late or she flunked a class.

Jman014

Even then it wouldn't be the focus of the school, at least not to the point where there is a Jock character that could exist. It's like the story wants to have its cake and eat it too. There is no reason why the story couldn't have been set up at a regular collage or a special school without all the high school drama garbage.

Maybe a fucking gym class, but not an organized placed athletics team.

My sister goes to a performing arts school. They have no athletics program.

It's extremely unlikely for a high school that isn't private.

Fine. Fair enough.

Jman014

Normally you graduate from Highschool at 17, unless her birthday came a little late or she flunked a class.

I'm 17 and I'm a junior. Never flunked anything. You graduate at 18 around these parts.

I was born in April and graduated in June, so I was 18 when I passed high school but yeah I see what you mean. It could be a situation like mine, though. Er I was an 18 year old senior for like 2 months before graduating I mean.

True, but it seem the school year was just starting in the game. Though I might just be thinking about it too hard...
Mr. Jefferson mentions the summer heroes photo thing so it could be at the start as well. I think we're overthinking it and not enjoying it enough.

Top Bottom