• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Ants

If you haven't played Order of Ecclesia and have access to it, I'd play it before, like, any other Castlevania. Certainly before HoD and AoS. It's the best of both styles of Castlevania.

grimmiq

Just finished Demon's Souls and no doubt missed a shitload of things (Never saw half of the NPCs in the loading screens...) but I was surprised to get through in only 18 hours mostly blind.

I feel despite going in mostly blind (Saw the first boss over a year ago), it was far easier than I expected and feel like Dark Souls 1 & 2 ruined it for me as just seeing the areas and boss designs I could tell which mechanics would come into play for many bosses, though I did take the cowards way out a couple of times.
Dragon God
was great though, didn't expect
a stealth boss fight in a Souls game..found out afterwards that I can break down the rubble instead of goading him into attacking it..would've made that "fight" a hell of a lot easier.
Many fights had such great atmosphere and art design..then 20 seconds into the fight "Oh, this is it?"

That final boss though...
What a disappointment..just ran up and stunlocked him with R1, dodge away, stunlock with R1, dodge away, stunlock with R1, dead.

Invaded only twice, by the same dude.

68djVHe.jpg
Just finished Demon's Souls
I feel like a shit that I still haven't beaten Demon's. Kinda unable to now though :/

Skrams

Just finished Demon's Souls and no doubt missed a shitload of things (Never saw half of the NPCs in the loading screens...) but I was surprised to get through in only 18 hours mostly blind.

I feel despite going in mostly blind (Saw the first boss over a year ago), it was far easier than I expected and feel like Dark Souls 1 & 2 ruined it for me as just seeing the areas and boss designs I could tell which mechanics would come into play for many bosses, though I did take the cowards way out a couple of times.
Dragon God
was great though, didn't expect
a stealth boss fight in a Souls game..found out afterwards that I can break down the rubble instead of goading him into attacking it..would've made that "fight" a hell of a lot easier.
Many fights had such great atmosphere and art design..then 20 seconds into the fight "Oh, this is it?"

That final boss though...
What a disappointment..just ran up and stunlocked him with R1, dodge away, stunlock with R1, dodge away, stunlock with R1, dead.

Invaded only twice, by the same dude.

18 hours is kind of crazy to me, but maybe you played it super fast and loose since you already had Dark and Dark 2 under your belt. Demons is also way faster than those games, so it would sort of make sense. I just couldn't see myself doing that still since I like to take my time with the games and I'm extra careful even when it's not required. I would also think you missed a ton of shit. I wonder if you even met doods like Biorr or Yuria. Those guys are half hidden away. Man, you must of met people like Yurt at least right? I also hope you saw some stories like Ostrava's. His final thing is really neat to me.

Also for the final boss I hope you mean
the shit blob and not Old King Allant. If you mean Allant then I'm really disappointed that your experience turned out that way.

grimmiq

18 hours is kind of crazy to me, but maybe you played it super fast and loose since you already had Dark and Dark 2 under your belt. Demons is also way faster than those games, so it would sort of make sense. I just couldn't see myself doing that still since I like to take my time with the games and I'm extra careful even when it's not required. I would also think you missed a ton of shit. I wonder if you even met doods like Biorr or Yuria. Those guys are half hidden away. Man, you must of met people like Yurt at least right? I also hope you saw some stories like Ostrava's. His final thing is really neat to me.

Also for the final boss I hope you mean
the shit blob and not Old King Allant. If you mean Allant then I'm really disappointed that your experience turned out that way.

Looking at the Wiki to see who I missed..

I met Biorr (Got roasted as I said "Fuck This!" and booked it past the Dragon to Allant.
I saved Yuria
I saved Saint Urbain (Fuckin' Patches..)
Saved Freke
Saved Ostrava 3(?) times, then I think he just killed himself outside of Allant..I was half distracted by Biorr getting destroyed..he said something about a key but can't remember if he gave it to me.
Was spoiled and heard I should kill Yurt, so did that ASAP.
I found Rydel..but not the key to open his cell..
As for who I never met from load screens..
Mephistopheles
Executioner Miralda
Scirvir
Satsuki
Selen Vinland

I think I screwed up the order to do worlds..as I hear
Old King Allant is considered to be the final boss..but I killed him with I think 5 or 6 to go (Hadn't set foot in the Valley of Defilement, knew I did something wrong when enemies dropped the green grass and tore through the zone) He was fine..but after you get into a pattern he was pretty simple, I circled him a few steps back and waited for him to do the overhead air slash, dodged to the side and could get 3-4 hits before he finished, if I needed to heal I'd back off til he started his ground explosion..which gave lots of time to heal.
He did remind me a lot of Credo from DMC4 though.

I did my usual multi-task build I do for souls games til I know what sucks and turned out I didn't need to restart like I usually do. Find a decent weapon, pump points into VIT, then Equip Load til I can have my weapon of choice + 100% shield + medium armour, then dump into INT/Magic til 20 then DEX til I can use a decent bow.

160 hrs yo. get on my lvl.
I havent played for 3 days for the first time though. Thank god
I didn't have much time to play the first week or so after release cause of school. I've been puttin way more hours per day into 4U than 3U though. Probably just because there's no water monsters.

Now that I'm G it's a collectathon of getting all the good armors and all the good Greatswords, Hammers, Gunlances- might try and learn Insect Glaive or CB or Dual Blades.

Best handheld game ever.

Jman014

I didn't have much time to play the first week or so after release cause of school. I've been puttin way more hours per day into 4U than 3U though. Probably just because there's no water monsters.

Now that I'm G it's a collectathon of getting all the good armors and all the good Greatswords, Hammers, Gunlances- might try and learn Insect Glaive or CB or Dual Blades.

Best handheld game ever.

Dude check out Verdun. It's basically Bolt Action Rifle simulator

Also have this
uzUBuXm.gif

It looks like he's pulling out his penis.
I was going to make a joke but I don't remember any of their fucking names. But Imgur agrees with you.

Also have this
2rCinf0.gif

I saw T2 again yesterday. Such a cool movie.

Skrams

His pattern is simple, but he's the true final boss to most people. He's pretty cool and he has a move that
will steal levels from you.
At least you met a good amount of people. Some of the ones you missed make me think you didn't really bother rechecking areas. There's a lot of areas that would be opened up with the different tendencies. I also assume you didn't meet Doran and he's pretty cool.

Little sad the game seemed a little disappointing to you since it's my favorite Souls game due to its atmosphere. It's probably the easiest Souls game though, so most people don't have trouble with it when going backwards in the series. I assume that diminishes some impact a little.

Ilvocare

Morning BestGAF. I feel much better now after getting destroyed by that quesadilla.

What's happening, other than the fact that no-one's on right now?

grimmiq

His pattern is simple, but he's the true final boss to most people. He's pretty cool and he has a move that
will steal levels from you.
At least you met a good amount of people. Some of the ones you missed make me think you didn't really bother rechecking areas. There's a lot of areas that would be opened up with the different tendencies. I also assume you didn't meet Doran and he's pretty cool.

Little sad the game seemed a little disappointing to you since it's my favorite Souls game due to its atmosphere. It's probably the easiest Souls game though, so most people don't have trouble with it when going backwards in the series. I assume that diminishes some impact a little.

I don't think I went back to any areas, I've already started a new character, want to try a strength build and rely less on magic..It wasn't the areas/bosses/enemies/atmosphere that disappointed me. Sure, some bosses were pretty pathetic like the Fool's Idol and reminded me a lot of the Congregation fight in DS2..but a lot cooler.

There are a couple of "nope" areas that I wanted to get out of ASAP simply because they reminded me of blighttown and I knew I'd get lose there, but I'll explore fully my 2nd time around.

I didn't really get the World Tendency thing, not exactly sure on how things change and how to change them.

Morning BestGAF. I feel much better now after getting destroyed by that quesadilla.

What's happening, other than the fact that no-one's on right now?

I never really interested for Furious 7 but the impressions are so overwhelmingly positive I might actually watch the movie (never watch the series since Tokyo Drift).

Also can't have rifle talk without Mosin Nagant.

How so? :<

Don't let it stop you, it's just the same tricks people use on like, Craigslist and shit. Use girls photos to trick guys into either showing up somewhere to mug them or give them their address so they can rob them.

If you're just even a tiny bit careful there shouldn't be any risk, though.

I just noticed that the residue on my arms from when I had to painfully tear off the bandages on my arms from the blood drive like a month ago is still there. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I tried scrubbing it with soap, and that hasn't done shit. It wasn't thiis difficult the first time I donated blood.

I never really interested for Furious 7 but the impressions are so overwhelmingly positive I might actually watch the movie (never watch the series since Tokyo Drift).

Also can't have rifle talk without Mosin Nagant.

5 and 6 are the best of the series. It gets to be fucking crazy fun and it's my favorite movie franchise. Give them a watch.

Rizzi

Don't let it stop you, it's just the same tricks people use on like, Craigslist and shit. Use girls photos to trick guys into either showing up somewhere to mug them or give them their address so they can rob them.

If you're just even a tiny bit careful there shouldn't be any risk, though.

Ah okay.

I just noticed that the residue on my arms from when I had to painfully tear off the bandages on my arms from the blood drive like a month ago is still there. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I tried scrubbing it with soap, and that hasn't done shit. It wasn't thiis difficult the first time I donated blood.

Is it residue or dead skin? Try lotion, it should make skin a little more smooth and moisten it up so it comes off.

Ilvocare

5 and 6 are the best of the series. It gets to be fucking crazy fun and it's my favorite movie franchise. Give them a watch.

The only explanation for why this is because FaF has been anime the whole time and we just never knew it. I guess they weren't really movies either?

The shitty joke is that I never would've expected you to sponsor a western movie series after that one talk about how you don't like movies.

The only explanation for why this is is because FaF has been anime the whole time and we just never knew it. I guess they weren't really movies either?

The shitty joke is that I never would've expected you to sponsor a western movie series after that one talk about how you don't like movies.

F&F is fucking ridiculous crazy action. It's like a cross section between anime and wrestling.

I don't like movies generally, but the ones I like are stupid action movies and F&F are some of the stupidest.

Top Bottom