• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

SteveTR

As you said that, somewhere in Japan a train full of citizens shed one tear.

185px-troublesometrucks14_6307.png

Ilvocare

Watching it now and I find it pretty fascinating. This dH/dT discussion is hilarious.

Basically this. The video is amazing to watch solely for seeing Woolie fangirl the fuck out over everything that's happening. It's also interesting to see how games pushed the brink of convoluted control schemes back in the day.

Basically this. The video is amazing to watch solely for seeing Woolie fangirl the fuck out over everything that's happening. It's also interesting to see how games pushed the brink of convoluted control schemes back in the day.
That whole controls thing was actually kinda dumb. I played the game with a old ass Logitech joystick and it controls like a mech game would. The keyboard controls were just bad.

SteveTR

My little 7 year old mind (being raised on horror movies and Survival Horror games) thought the trains were possessed by the souls of children, and that they had been trapped for so long that they started to warp the metal on the front of the train to resemble a face.

I wasn't quite on that level of being scared.

I wasn't really scared by the faces but rather by the way they were animated.

We're getting a fare hike in NYC PLUS reduced bus service.

Frankly, I want the MTA to implode on itself.
We're getting a hike here too, still way cheaper then anywhere in Ohio, but people will still bitch and complain.

I wasn't quite on that level of being scared.

I wasn't really scared by the faces but rather by the way they were animated.

I was scared to death of claymation or anything resembling that as a child.
It's still creepy.

Was that the fighting game? I only ever played the third person shooter platformer that was one of the worst games I've ever played.

It's a large reason why I hate transformers.

Yeah, it was the "fighting" game.

I really think that for its time this looks pretty impressive. I forgot these types of games even existed. I wonder if there's any real PC equivalents with a more modern day look.

Yo, the rifle looks sick as shit though hearing it's a teamwork based game kinda puts me off. I have a lot of fun with CS:GO even though playing it correctly would be with a good team, but it sounds like having some leader characters you have to rely on would be a bit too irksome.

T2 dabes
Go play RO2

F&F is fucking ridiculous crazy action. It's like a cross section between anime and wrestling.

I don't like movies generally, but the ones I like are stupid action movies and F&F are some of the stupidest.

Didn't see Fast 5, so can't comment on that, but Fast 6 is some of the best, dumb fun I've had watching movies in a long while.

Remember that time when
Vin Diesel saved Michelle Rodrigues from dying a gruesome death after getting launched off a flipping tank, off a bridge by climbing on top of his car, crashing it, thus launching himself in the air as well and catching her mid air only to safely land on someones windshield on he other side of the bridge?

Tennattaten. Would invest in a 'flip car' to deal with traffic.

360pages

That whole controls thing was actually kinda dumb. I played the game with a old ass Logitech joystick and it controls like a mech game would. The keyboard controls were just bad.

To be fair, I don't think the game was supposed to be played with a controller when it first came out,

Didn't see Fast 5, so can't comment on that, but Fast 6 is some of the best, dumb fun I've had watching movies in a long while.

Remember that time when
Vin Diesel saved Michelle Rodrigues from dying a gruesome death after getting launched off a flipping tank, off a bridge by climbing on top of his car, crashing it, thus launching himself in the air as well and catching her mid air only to safely land on someones windshield on he other side of the bridge?

Tennattaten. Would invest in a 'flip car' to deal with traffic.

That was the sickest shit.

Remember when
The Rock and Vin Diesel tag-team wrestled a guy in a plane's cargo hold that was speeding down a runway?

As much as I dislike Titanfall for being Titanfall, it's really fun to play the mecha part of the matches.

Yo Jman what's up with the framerate on those Mechwarrior GIFs?

Shackzam

I don't care what anyone says, the Speed Racer movie was hype
I love that fucking movie. I really try and get people to watch it because it's so weirdly good. I don't understand the reviews on, because it actually took creative turns with the source material, but kept faithful to it.

Am I the only one to think that statement is a little presumptuous? Mechs being mechs can literally control however smooth or awkwardly they want by design.
Let's clarify to "arcade mech game" with the joystick handling turning and strafing and aiming, while there's a real static throttle for speed and buttons for each subweapon.
Good god I'm so bored this morning. I want to play MH4U but I'm still at the beginning. =(
It's really short.

Good god I'm so bored this morning. I want to play MH4U but I'm still at the beginning. =(

You been online yet? I started over with a male character for that sweet, sweet mech armor, but haven't played in a while so I'm currently stuck at HR2.

If you need someone to play with I'd be more than willing to kick some monster butt together.

You know what I've realized. I just don't like realistic mechs. I like Super Robots.

"Realistic mechs"

Am I the only one to think that statement is a little presumptuous? Mechs being mechs can literally control however smooth or awkwardly they want by design.

yup that seems about right

The hardcore mech nerds want mechs to run like airplanes and fighter jets.

I can see the logic, considering those jobs require a ton of knowledge and simulation experience.

Personally, a mech should be like EVA and Pacific Rim. Everything should feel like a natural extension of the human body.

You know what I've realized. I just don't like realistic mechs. I like Super Robots.

megazord.gif

Top Bottom