• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Jman014

I am almost tempted to get Juniored for making an extremely deadpan OT for it.

This is getting really bad, especially since I'm literally watching Janet Varney shill the Korra game on the game show as part of the joke script people gave to her to read.

I hate that I don't like the Woolie & Matt LPs.

I can't get into them. They seem super enthusiastic for what they are playing but I just have trouble getting hyped.

Madworld seems more fun to play than watch

Been replaying Armored Core 3 after going through the Arena mode in Project Phantasma.

Coming from that mode, where the last half of opponents I used the exact same weapon and stage combo on, AC3's arena has kept me on my toes at all times and matches have been intense. The last one I finished in particular was one with a much higher skill for his rank, and he had a health advantage over me part way through but turned it around at the last minute.

Fuck, this shit is so good. AC combat at its best.

I like them a lot.

Bastion has that GOAT soundtrack.

Still have not played Transistor

Transistor is GOTY if you enjoy a Parasite Eve type game with amazing music.

I can't get into them. They seem super enthusiastic for what they are playing but I just have trouble getting hyped.

It's fine, the only one I really enjoyed was Fight for NY just because of Rage, it seems that Matt and Woolie need Liam or Pat to balance out the hype with the technical things of a game.

Zenfalcia

The following post will contain gameplay spoilers for This War of Mine. There is no story or anything, aside from the story of individual areas and people, which will not be spoiled (aside from one area). Overall it's an insignificant thing and will not hamper your enjoyment of the game if you read it, but just keep scrolling past this post if you'd rather start fresh without any knowledge of the game's mechanics. Note that there will be no spoiler tags.

This is just an update. I talked about the game before at some point and this is aimed at the people who're interested. I'm still at my very first attempt on this excellent game and as I kept going, I came to a realization.
Remember Woolie and Matt trying to beat the game in an earlier episode? Remember them fucking around, trying to survive the war, playing some proverbial b-ball and all that shit? Well I'm like fuck that, son!
U7hYjzZ.gif

Woolie and Matt are punk ass bitches.
Isn't this already established?
I died inside every time they ate something raw when they could've easily cooked something. They weren't even playing the game right.. It made the game less entertaining as a result..

Nordicus

Prison school already had an announcement a while ago. It's going to be terrible regardless of the studio.
But can you tell me with a straight face that you're not interested in seeing the trainwreck?
Don't forget Monster Musume no Iru Nichijo

I mean, if you're into that kinda thing...
Oh, I'm into that kinda thing... still won't watch it though. Jitsu wa Watashi wa is the only (technically) monster girl series adaptation I care about right now.
A light-hearted comedy

semisonic

Banned
But can you tell me with a straight face that you're not interested in seeing the trainwreck? Oh, I'm into that kinda thing... still won't watch it though. Jitsu wa Watashi wa is the only (technically) monster girl series adaptation I care about right now. A light-hearted comedy

It's okay.
I'm reading it too.
The lack of progress for a long time bothered me, but now there's officially more progress than nisekoi.
So it's fine.

Zenfalcia

I think it's the some what lack of focus vidya game competence and more emphasis on the hype thing? It might just be the games they pick aren't the best to LP. Imo, they're both the "hype guys", and Liam and Pat are more of the "technical guys". Hype + hype isn't too great without some "technical" commentary. This is all wrong, but it's one view of things.
But can you tell me with a straight face that you're not interested in seeing the trainwreck? Oh, I'm into that kinda thing... still won't watch it though. Jitsu wa Watashi wa is the only (technically) monster girl series adaptation I care about right now. A light-hearted comedy
I'm not interested.
I'm going to watch it regardless how bad it is, because I have no standards.

it's quite good, I should get back into it, i wish the art was better. Meh.
Well, it's just Woolie in particular. Matt is cool =P.
Yeah, I forgot exactly what they were doing wrong, so I'm looking through the vid again.
They did EVERYTHING wrong. Fighting armed guys with bare fists. RUNNING when they should be sneaking. Exhausting everyone by not putting people into shifts of who sleeps and who watches. Not knowing what each room they cleared actually did. Hell, they cleared some rocks away without knowing why they were doing it.

Nordicus

It's okay.
I'm reading it too.
The lack of progress for a long time bothered me, but now there's officially more progress than nisekoi.
So it's fine.
In less than half the chapters it took Nisekoi to utterly nutpunch the people wanting progress, Jitsu wa delivered it and basically gloated with characters going "HOLY SHIT THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!? GET THE CHAMPAGNE!"

The wait was also somewhat more endurable because the comedy is actually competent

Nordicus

They did EVERYTHING wrong. Fighting armed guys with bare fists. RUNNING when they should be sneaking. Exhausting everyone by not putting people into shifts of who sleeps and who watches. Not knowing what each room they cleared actually did. Hell, they cleared some rocks away without knowing why they were doing it.
Oh god, I remember. I've not played that game, and counting out the SBFP episode, I've seen perhaps an hour of gameplay if even that.

But it was still apparent that Matt and Woolie were playing the game horribly. Neither of them were in a survival game mindset when playing it. My first instinct near enemies would be to approach quietly, and with neutral people staring right at me, I'll think twice before grabbing their stuff from their drawers!

I just finished Old World Blues.I forgot how much I loved this dlc. I did everything in it. In the end, I got my guy's brain back and got the Think Tank to work for him. My guy's the overlord of Big MT, and the ending states how much of a terror he is with all that tech. After he takes over the Mojave, he's probably going to be the most powerful man in post apocalypse America. I also forgot how many things Big MT is responsible for. They created Cazadores and Nightstalkers, caused the cloud at the Sierra Madre, are responsible for the storms at the Divide, and were also responsible for the Tranquility Lane shit in 3. What a bunch of assholes.

croten

I just finished Old World Blues.I forgot how much I loved this dlc. I did everything in it. In the end, I got my guy's brain back and got the Think Tank to work for him. My guy's the overlord of Big MT, and the ending states how much of a terror he is with all that tech. After he takes over the Mojave, he's probably going to be the most powerful man in post apocalypse America. I also forgot how many things Big MT is responsible for. They created Cazadores and Nightstalkers, caused the cloud at the Sierra Madre, are responsible for the storms at the Divide, and were also responsible for the Tranquility Lane shit in 3. What a bunch of assholes.

I haven't played Lonesome Road yet but Old World Blues is the only DLC I like in NV. It's probably my favorite piece of DLC in any game.

Zenfalcia

scanning through it again and woof, yeah that went extremely poorly. Within the week, the majority of the group was either dead due to some odd choices while scavenging or sick, starving, wounded and sad. You're not coming back from that. Worst thing I've had so far was that Bruno got sick one time during winter and Pavle got slightly wounded while holding back a very, very early raid when I hadn't been able to barricade the place yet. That's about it.

I'm still very glad they played it. I wouldn't have known about the game otherwise.
They screwed up early and crippled them terribly.

I'm glad, but I wish they spent some more time before recording to actually show some cool mechanics rather than blunder around. #gripes
Oh god, I remember. I've not played that game, and counting out the SBFP episode, I've seen perhaps an hour of gameplay if even that.

But it was still apparent that Matt and Woolie were playing the game horribly. Neither of them were in a survival game mindset when playing it. My first instinct near enemies would be to approach quietly, and with neutral people staring right at me, I'll think twice before grabbing their stuff from their drawers!
They didn't even do that properly! They played it less of a survival game, but more like Last of Us, where you just run in and take out people with your fists. They even trespassed when there was a guy looking right at them, they even climbed lower when the guy says YOU CAN'T GO THERE. Then they get pissed when he fights them. /rant.

I haven't played Lonesome Road yet but Old World Blues is the only DLC I like in NV. It's probably my favorite piece of DLC in any game.
I loved all of New Vegas' dlc. It's easily my favorite set of dlc for a game. And Lonesome Road is really good. You should play it. I love how they've been setting up the conflict with Ulysses, the antagonist of the dlc, in the base game and in all the dlcs.

croten

I loved all of New Vegas' dlc. It's easily my favorite set of dlc for a game. And Lonesome Road is really good. You should play it. I love how they've been setting up the conflict with Ulysses, the antagonist of the dlc, in the base game and in all the dlcs.

I really couldn't stand Honest Hearts or Dead Money. They were so boring. The best thing about them was the level cap increase

Good luck doing only that without getting murdered on anything above normal. Hell, you'll probably get killed on Normal as well, depending on the fight.
I had a number of times where my fists saved me in early encounters, but eventually it doesn't work.

TLOU is the REAL hotline Miami 2

Zenfalcia

Good luck doing only that without getting murdered on anything above normal. Hell, you'll probably get killed on Normal as well, depending on the fight.
That's basically what happened. They punched a guy with an assault rifle to try to save a girl being roughed up and then they died. They were flabbergasted to say the least.

I really couldn't stand Honest Hearts or Dead Money. They were so boring.
I absolutely loved Dead Money. I loved the story and atmosphere, the characters, and the setting very, very, much. I didn't like Honest Hearts as much as Dead Money, but I still really liked it. I liked Zion's environment, and Joshua Graham is one of, if not my, favorite characters in the Fallout series. I also loved the gear you get in all the dlcs. I was so happy they put the Ghost People hazmat suit in Old World Blues, I only wish it had the hood.

Top Bottom