• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to listen to it for the past hour but something always comes up. I might just save it for tomorrow. I'm pumped to hear about the WM talk and what not. I also believe Maffew is the only guest to show up twice?
Considering the fact that they're all huge Attitude Era fans, and that's basically what this Wrestlemania was...

Rizzi

Bloodborne question.
I beat the
Blood Starved Beast
last night, and I got
a chalice. I figured out that it was a dungeon thing, and went to the dungeon
. Is this where I should be?

Considering some of the stuff he plays on YoVideoGames overlaps with the Zaibatsu from time to time (they did an Episode Duscae playthrough recently), it'd definitely be nice to have him on again.

Would like to see Max talk about new KI characters with Matt and Woolie since it can get pretty boring when its just those two since Pat and Liam don't know much about it.

Bloodborne question.
I beat the
Blood Starved Beast
last night, and I got
a chalice. I figured out that it was a dungeon thing, and went to the dungeon
. Is this where I should be?

Go back to the Cathedral Ward lamp and look to your right. A new door opened up and there's an elevator inside

Would like to see Max talk about new KI characters with Matt and Woolie since it can get pretty boring when its just those two since Pat and Liam don't know much about it.

Have they ever said when they're doing the KI fisticuffs? Are they actually going to wait for the entire game to be out?

ThisManKnow.gif

I'm tempted to listen to it but I need sleep. I'll probably do a little bit then save the rest for tomorrow. I'm so glad that guests are not so delayed anymore. Early guests were a rough listen because someone would try to talk and then there would be 5 seconds of awkward silence when someone else would try talk at the same time.

"This game was announced when I lived in a forest!"

LOL

I'm glad that they're enjoying FF15 though. Lots of cool stuff to do in the demo and like them, I think the parries are sick.

convo

Pat and Woolie will not be able to deal with the flood of corrections that is going to arrive at their front end because of BB, emails, twitter maybe even hand written letters for that single purpose.

Pat and Woolie will not be able to deal with the flood of corrections that is going to arrive at their front end because of BB, emails, twitter maybe even hand written letters for that single purpose.

"And where can you send those complaints about our suboptimal Bloodborne LP, Woolie?" "superbestfriendcast@gmail.com." "WHERE'S THAT, WOOLIE?" "superbestfriendcast@gmail.com."

Skrams

Maybe it's just because it's Bloodborne and the character creator/intro took up 15 minutes, but the Bloodborne episode felt really short. Hopefully they walk the line well of careful and balls to the wall to keep the pace up. Or make the episodes longer than 30 minutes. Hopefully they don't somehow surpass me even though I'm 5.99 bosses in.

That FF15 video is also a grim reminder that I've had that demo for a 2 weeks and should get to it so I can watch the video.

Also anything spoilery in this weeks podcast? I'm now hesitant since I heard there was some Hotline Miami 2 spoilers in episode 84 and Bloodborne being out makes me think they'll accidentally step over the line of what they think isn't a spoiler.

Don't care about Wrestlemania spoilers either if they talk about it.

Ants

Maybe it's just because it's Bloodborne and the character creator/intro took up 15 minutes, but the Bloodborne episode felt really short. Hopefully they walk the line well of careful and balls to the wall to keep the pace up. Or make the episodes longer than 30 minutes. Hopefully they don't somehow surpass me even though I'm 5.99 bosses in.

That FF15 video is also a grim reminder that I've had that demo for a 2 weeks and should get to it so I can watch the video.

Also anything spoilery in this weeks podcast? I'm now hesitant since I heard there was some Hotline Miami 2 spoilers in episode 84 and Bloodborne being out makes me think they'll accidentally step over the line of what they think isn't a spoiler.

Nothing major re: Bloodborne spoilers. They talk about the efficacy of some weapons, name drop an early boss.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, I made the wise choice of going to sleep instead.

How much of it is Bloodborne? I'm not sure how much I can take.
And I don't really care about rustling, most of my knowledge comes from these guys talking about it anyway. But it is neat they've got another podcast guest. But how long until we get Plague?
Bloodborne spoilercast?

Liam and Pat is still one of my favourite pairings and it really shows in the FFXV video.

Edit: just saw the post above, neat. I can take that.

Randy42

I love matt describing comics but its a shame that its so rare what he read was actually something good and not like the bad thing that came directly before or after the good thing

Skrams

So i've been thinking. Is BSB the O&S of Bloodborne? The git gud boss.
I haven't listened to the podcast yet to know if you're referencing that, but I'd be surprised if Woolie and Pat have trouble with BSB.
Nothing major re: Bloodborne spoilers. They talk about the efficacy of some weapons, name drop an early boss.
Alright, I should be fine then considering how far I'm already in.
I haven't listened to the podcast yet, I made the wise choice of going to sleep instead.

How much of it is Bloodborne? I'm not sure how much I can take.
And I don't really care about rustling, most of my knowledge comes from these guys talking about it anyway. But it is neat they've got another podcast guest. But how long until we get Plague?
Bloodborne spoilercast?

Liam and Pat is still one of my favourite pairings and it really shows in the FFXV video.

Edit: just saw the post above, neat. I can take that.

Like Plague would have good enough internet to skype in to the podcast even. Can't wait to see chalice runs with plague cooping as well.

I can dream at least.

Like Plague would have good enough internet to skype in to the podcast even. Can't wait to see chalice runs with plague cooping as well.

I can dream at least.
That is half the fun of a podcast with Plague. Even though his Dark Souls playthrough is basically a podcast. The Dark Souls 2 invasion was my highlight, it is a shame they had to arrange that, it would've been cool if it just happened but sadly Dark 2 is a mess of mechanics that made that not happen.

"And where can you send those complaints about our suboptimal Bloodborne LP, Woolie?" "superbestfriendcast@gmail.com." "WHERE'S THAT, WOOLIE?" "superbestfriendcast@gmail.com."

Good luck with that. We've already recorded like 13 hours so any comments, suggestions or correction are literally going to take until the end of April to catch up to us.

It's because of the intro and character creator. Every episodes going to be a half hour-ish, but about pacing and such, it's going to be going up every day or nearly every day, but even at a half hour pace, you'd have to be pretty fucking bad to not play 3.5 hours a week.

Good luck with that. We've already recorded like 13 hours so any comments, suggestions or correction are literally going to take until the end of April to catch up to us.

It's because of the intro and character creator. Every episodes going to be a half hour-ish, but about pacing and such, it's going to be going up every day or nearly every day, but even at a half hour pace, you'd have to be pretty fucking bad to not play 3.5 hours a week.

So I have an honest question since I'm sure it's going to come up. How are you guys planning to handle some of the more hidden things in the game such as bosses? I know that odds are the internet will throw things at you so you don't miss them, but would you guys prefer that happen to you don't miss cool things or run around for hours trying to find something in a blind LP? It's a bit of a lose/lose either way but I'm just curious what the plan is.

So I have an honest question since I'm sure it's going to come up. How are you guys planning to handle some of the more hidden things in the game such as bosses? I know that odds are the internet will throw things at you so you don't miss them, but would you guys prefer that happen to you don't miss cool things or run around for hours trying to find something in a blind LP? It's a bit of a lose/lose either way but I'm just curious what the plan is.

I dunno. We've yet to get stuck. We're bound to miss some stuff but hey thems the breaks.

I dunno. We've yet to get stuck. We're bound to miss some stuff but hey thems the breaks.

It's not really a matter of getting stuck. More that this game, more than any other Souls game, has the most absurd amount of content hidden away outside of the critical path that it'd be a shame if you guys missed out on some of it. But hey, that's to be expected from a blind play of the game I suppose. At the very least you'll get to see it when you play it on your own.

Ants

I still have no idea what Botchamania is. Someone give me the cliff notes.

I checked into it briefly at one point. There's a lot of things, but it's probably most famous for its highlight reels of professional wrestling bloopers. The Zaibatsu (especially Matt) seem particularly fond of OSWReviews as well.

Randy42

Pat you've been running this channel how long? You know people are still going to comment/email as if you recorded the part you just uploaded earlier that day.

It's not really a matter of getting stuck. More that this game, more than any other Souls game, has the most absurd amount of content hidden away outside of the critical path that it'd be a shame if you guys missed out on some of it. But hey, that's to be expected from a blind play of the game I suppose. At the very least you'll get to see it when you play it on your own.

I'd say more to assuage your fears but it'd be LP spoilers. Don't worry about it.

demidar

I checked into it briefly at one point. There's a lot of things, but it's probably most famous for its highlight reels of professional wrestling bloopers. The Zaibatsu (especially Matt) seem particularly fond of OSWReviews as well.

Compilation videos of all the fuck ups that happen in wrasslin'
They are funny.

Oh I see. I thought it was much more than that.

Listening to the second half of the podcast will be a trip, much like listening to the Power Bombcast knowing only shades of information of wrestling from the late 90s.

Rizzi

Oh I see. I thought it was much more than that.

Listening to the second half of the podcast will be a trip, much like listening to the Power Bombcast knowing only shades of information of wrestling from the late 90s.

It might be, but that's all I know.

Skrams

That is half the fun of a podcast with Plague. Even though his Dark Souls playthrough is basically a podcast. The Dark Souls 2 invasion was my highlight, it is a shame they had to arrange that, it would've been cool if it just happened but sadly Dark 2 is a mess of mechanics that made that not happen.
Am I misremembering or was that invasion staged? I think I remember them letting Plague know that they were at the Aerie, but I was still surprised that he successfully invaded.
I still have no idea what Botchamania is. Someone give me the cliff notes.
Just all the botches and dumb bullshit from wrestling. Maffew just cuts it all up and puts into big episodes.

Yeah, I just play Souls games incredibly slow so I'm half scared I'll see you guys fly through the beginning parts and make me feel like a chump trying to stay ahead. Although you guys might just do that anyway since you had time with the PAX demo.

I also hope you guys talk to Gilbert because reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom