• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say?

I think Liam was talking about half of the cast being just regular schmucks, which contrasts against the more traditional stupidity of the other half. Of note, only Woolie seems to like the new Josie character and all four only like Shaheen from the new Tekken 7 characters

SteveTR

I once said that a part of me dies when I don't listen to a podcast the day it comes out. That's not true anymore.

I'm a slacker.

I once said that a part of me dies when I don't listen to a podcast the day it comes out. That's not true anymore.

I'm a slacker.
image.php

Zenfalcia

I think Liam was talking about half of the cast being just regular schmucks, which contrasts against the more traditional stupidity of the other half. Of note, only Woolie seems to like the new Josie character and all four only like Shaheen from the new Tekken 7 characters
That's not really fair for the rest of the cast...

I'm a slacker.
Podcasts help we through the week.

What if too many parts of yourself died already and that's why you have nothing left to die?

Numb

What did he say?

The designs. Woolie was defending the new girl and he came out and said half the cast was shit design wise. They are just dumb Liam. The game has some bad designs but not half the cast of a 60 character game. Seems a bit extreme from him.

SteveTR

Podcasts help we through the week.

What if too many parts of yourself died already and that's why you have nothing left to die?

Oh my god. That might be the reason why I feel dead inside. I am dead inside.

Anyway, back to the Super Best Friends. That Woolie sure is a liar and a pie stealer, right? Hahahaha.

Please don't ban me.

Zenfalcia

The designs. Woolie was defending the new girl and he came out and said half the cast was shit design wise. They are just dumb Liam. The game has some bad designs but not half the cast of a 60 character game. Seems a bit extreme from him.
It does sound pretty extreme.
Oh my god. That might be the reason why I feel dead inside. I am dead inside.

Anyway, back to the Super Best Friends. That Woolie sure is a liar and a pie stealer, right? Hahahaha.

Please don't ban me.
Yes, it probably is the reason.

I know, right? What about those best friends?

Zenfalcia

Watching the Xenogears video now and I always thought this was the game Pat absolutely loathed until I remembered it was Chrono Cross not this.

I think this should be in the OT for the next thread.
Xenogears looks like a cool game... Might play it sometime..

Maybe? But i mean, it technically should be a given...

It's not really that they're pissed about. It's about a lot of the stupid ass conversation that goes on in here and the borderline hentai crap that gets posted in here. It's one of the reasons I barely post anymore unless an actual discussion is going on.
Kinda the same even though I'm guilty of it myself once in awhile (Not Hentai, just wrestling)
I seem to have missed the most interesting moment when i was away.
I told you guys in steam chat we were not gonna make it past OT 20.
We will survive and not really be the last of us.
It's dumb.

Read: No more fun.
Stop. The mods are nice enough to let us continue to have these threads instead of nuking them. We should be here talking about the SBF anyways.

Listened to just the first 10 minutes of the podcast before I fell asleep. I'm really giddy for the Maffew part and I don't know why.

Numb

Honestly I don't care about the rest of neogaf.
Bye.

It is better to post in other places too. There are a couple of other threads i go to aswell and anytime there is a fighting game tournament i am in there.

On another note. the last hour of the podcast is about wrestlemania. Nice.
It is a good thing to never read the summary of contents in anything so you don't get spoiled.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, this sounds completely fair and appropriate. GAF is a big wide place, and some folks only stick to this one thread. And if you eliminate all of the shitposting, good mornings, and what'd I misses, we really should be on OT7 or so, not OT17. This felt like it was bound to happen.

Anyway, the RER2 LP is one of the better ones they've ever done. I dunno why, but it feels like it's been a really long time since Matt and Pat got hype together playing something for the first time. There's a... purity to it, I guess.

Anyway, the RER2 LP is one of the better ones they've ever done. I dunno why, but it feels like it's been a really long time since Matt and Pat got hype together playing something for the first time. There's a... purity to it, I guess.
Oh man this so much. Felt so refreshing and nice to hear them two play again. I know they did Silent Hill but with RER2, they went in blind and it felt like the old days. Which is good.

Honestly, I feel a sense of hype for both their Revelaitons 2 and Bloodborne LP that I haven't felt in a while. More often than not, I had been using their vids as background sound lately, but I'm 100% paying attention and looking forward to their next vids on these two games.
My only issue with the R2 LP was that they appeared way too infrequently due to the rest of the things that had in store for us. Two Mechaweeks, MadWorld, Bond-A-Thon, Revelaitons 2 and Parasite Eve all happening on the same time might have been a bit too much.
Yeah I feel like they should have waited until a week after for the second mech week. It was a nice surprise sure, but there was way too many things happening as well. I would definitely appreciate it more if it had appeared more frequently.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Honestly, I feel a sense of hype for both their Revelaitons 2 and Bloodborne LP that I haven't felt in a while. More often than not, I had been using their vids as background sound lately, but I'm 100% paying attention and looking forward to their next vids on these two games.
My only issue with the R2 LP was that they appeared way too infrequently due to the rest of the things that had in store for us. Two Mechaweeks, MadWorld, Bond-A-Thon, Revelaitons 2 and Parasite Eve all happening on the same time might have been a bit too much.

I know they're not recording everything at once, but maybe they're burning themselves out a little with the schedule? It just seems like more recently they've been a bit lukewarm, or they're trying to showcase something specifically for an audience, which is great and has its place

But really, the thing that draws most people to the SBF is their inner dynamic and the open/welcoming nature of their LPs. Take a load off on the couch and experience the game with us. That's the draw.

Wait, there are 2 Mechaweeks? I was away from the internet during the first one, but I never noticed the second week.
Yeah one for somewhat "real" mechs and another for Super Robots. I feel like they should have done the Super Robot one first then the real one since Steel Battalion with the real controller would have been a better finish than Xenogears imo, but maybe it was for hiding the fact that there were two.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah one for somewhat "real" mechs and another for Super Robots. I feel like they should have done the Super Robot one first then the real one since Steel Battalion with the real controller would have been a better finish than Xenogears imo, but maybe it was for hiding the fact that there were two.
I would have loved if they got to the end of that Eva game since it seems pretty short and I wonder what the ending might be like.

So I've just started watching the FFXV demo episode and man, to be honest, this looks pretty good. That being said, hearing their voices now, I might just use the Japanese voices.

It was a really fun demo to play, but reading subtitles in an action game isn't.

Pat and Liam seemed alright with it, I didn't think it was atrociously bad enough for a switch to sub.

SteveTR

Do you think creating a new thread in Off-Topic Community would solve the "no off-topic" thing?

I can't wait for the next Bloodborne episode. The LP seems promising enough. Also, Poolie is my favorite Best Friend combination.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Do you think creating a new thread in Off-Topic Community would solve the "no off-topic" thing?

I can't wait for the next Bloodborne episode. The LP seems promising enough. Also, Poolie is my favorite Best Friend combination.

"Off-topic" is generally just non gaming related stuff, not just random musings. Threads in there are always still on-topic of the thread title despite not being related to games.

croten

Steam discussions.Chat or stop with the off topic chatter. Those are the two options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom