• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on the subject, man it's going to be rad if N64 stuff comes back. I missed a lot from that console and yeah, I could just emulate it, but there's nothing like holding that controller.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I wonder if Funtime Adventures is ever coming back. Last episode feels like it was forever ago, and it left off on a cliffhanger. Something that was said two podcasts ago makes me think maybe it could be coming back soon, but then again maybe not, and they were talking about something else.

Back on the subject, man it's going to be rad if N64 stuff comes back. I missed a lot from that console and yeah, I could just emulate it, but there's nothing like holding that controller.

I want to know what GS has stowed away in their warehouse spaces...

I might be able to score a copy of RE2 for N64!

Numb

I wonder if Funtime Adventures is ever coming back. Last episode feels like it was forever ago, and it left off on a cliffhanger. Something that was said two podcasts ago makes me think maybe it could be coming back soon, but then again maybe not, and they were talking about something else.

I thought it would come back without warning around now with a MKX video.
Seems like a long time ago since the last one.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There's also THAT VIDEO
(the cereal tasting video)
that Matt told me, specifically, by name, on the podcast, would be coming soon.

That was months ago, Matt! When is soon?!

Nah, I'm just messin'. But I do want to see it eventually!

Skrams

I can't believe that Pat had trouble with Catherine on easy... Normal was pretty easy...
He's bad at puzzle games so he hates puzzle games. It makes sense.
There's also THAT VIDEO
(the cereal tasting video)
that Matt told me, specifically, by name, on the podcast, would be coming soon.

That was months ago, Matt! When is soon?!

Nah, I'm just messin'. But I do want to see it eventually!

I wonder if there's a list of stuff they've teased, but has never happened. Someone must of kept a list somewhere.

There was the Spiderman 3 LP which was supposed to happen late summer of 2014. There's the KoF Let's Watch that was teased in January 2015. There was the adventure tease on the reddit. Woolie said Spindash QLs weren't over a while back. There's probably some other shit I'm missing, but jeez. I know they want to tease us to keep some hype up, but this is just silly.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
He's bad at puzzle games so he hates puzzle games. It makes sense.

I wonder if there's a list of stuff they've teased, but has never happened. Someone must of kept a list somewhere.

There was the Spiderman 3 LP which was supposed to happen late summer of 2014. There's the KoF Let's Watch that was teased in January 2015. There was the adventure tease on the reddit. Woolie said Spindash QLs weren't over a while back. There's probably some other shit I'm missing, but jeez. I know they want to tease us to keep some hype up, but this is just silly.

I think they've gotten to a weird point in their scheduling with Bloodborne, RER2, Game of Thrones, Life is Strange, and Mortal Kombat taking up so much time that there's little room for anything else. And I know they pretty much covered this in the podcast this week, so I won't say too much about it. I mean on one hand, I'm enjoying Life is Strange and Mortal Kombat (and I was enjoying RER2 before I decided to drop it because I want to play it for myself eventually), and I listen to Bloodborne in the background while I play MH, but on the other I'd really like some more LPs of older stuff/one-offs/non-gaming specials (cereal video, etc). And like I said, I know that's coming, so I'm just in a bit of a holding pattern now, heh.

Maybe the Spider-Man 3 LP is the one they referenced recently that's been done for ages and never gone up?

Numb

I think they've gotten to a weird point in their scheduling with Bloodborne, RER2, Game of Thrones, Life is Strange, and Mortal Kombat taking up so much time that there's little room for anything else. And I know they pretty much covered this in the podcast this week, so I won't say too much about it. I mean on one hand, I'm enjoying Life is Strange and Mortal Kombat (and I was enjoying RER2 before I decided to drop it because I want to play it for myself eventually), and I listen to Bloodborne in the background while I play MH, but on the other I'd really like some more LPs of older stuff/one-offs/non-gaming specials (cereal video, etc). And like I said, I know that's coming, so I'm just in a bit of a holding pattern now, heh.

Maybe the Spider-Man 3 LP is the one they referenced recently that's been done for ages and never gone up?

I think they are gonna do some old stuff once this round ends.
I would be satisfied with more Mystery Boxes tho. To balance out the newer games.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Damn, this podcast is so long.. I love it.

Also that GuardianE call out, nice. it's like 2:10:00 for the 3 people who care.

latest

Seriously. So mad at GameStop for something they did so long ago that virtually everyone involved is almost assuredly no longer with the company. And even if they are...geez man, it's been over a decade since they last carried retro games. Let it go.
I think what he meant was, this is them correcting something that should've always been this way. He seemed bothered everyone was giving them props when they shouldn't have phased out old games, originally.

It's more that they don't "deserve props". It comes across as being upset because he's annoyed by it,

I have a ton of LPs to catch up on. Going between MH4U, my girlfriend's and other stuff I've had no time to watch the LPs. I caught up on the MKX LP which is pretty fun to watch. I've got the last 3 episodes of GoT LP to catch up on and I'm not sure where I'm at with Revelaitons 2.
Still avoiding BloodBorne LP. Looking forward to another terrible game LP which is coming soon (hopefully).

We're ages away, but my throw in for OT18 is 3/5ths a thread.
Incoming ban for everyone.

I always manage to wake up just in time to catch the first video of the day.

...my plan to fix my sleep schedule when I have no classes so far has been unsuccessful.

Was the GoT episode last night the end of that episode or is there more LP parts to come these next few days?
I can't watch cause of GoT spoilers

Rean

I didn't even notice that drop in the healing church that gets you all the way to the bottom, but I don't think they realized the door halfway down either.

Numb

BlackDynamite%2BVs%2BThe%2BSea.gif

Woolie with those R2 thrusts. Rifle spear thrusts are so op.
Actually all thrusts are super good of the ones i have seen.

Okingjrr

The only thing that would make the Bloodborne LP the best thing ever is Woolie being more willing to gunjump. Gatdamn do episodes feel long when he's playing.

aly

The only thing that would make the Bloodborne LP the best thing ever is Woolie being more willing to gunjump. Gatdamn do episodes feel long when he's playing.

He moves so slooooooooow. You would think that would keep them from missing stuff, then it would be fine, but they still end up missing stuff.

What got me in DS2 was when he stops moving and has the camera in a weird spot, just to think, commentary stops, and I'm left staring at nothing. BB's better, at least.

Also bad menu usage. And goddamn, not hitting X right after you pick up an item drives me nuts.

RainSD

Neo Member
I wonder why they don't use the R2 charge attacks. Ludwig's Holy Blade charge attack is fucking amazing and does tons of damage.

He moves so slooooooooow. You would think that would keep them from missing stuff, then it would be fine, but they still end up missing stuff.

I don't think he's looking at the screen when he stops moving sometimes. Regardless, it kinda bugs me but I got over it since this isn't the first time. I just wish they were being more observant.

Okingjrr

The thrill of the game is to discover by dying, catching a glimpse of the strategy to employ the next time around. Observing and backing down to step back up to back down again and miss swings saps that interesting facet from the LP for me. I'm just salty.

What got me in DS2 was when he stops moving and has the camera in a weird spot, just to think, commentary stops, and I'm left staring at nothing. BB's better, at least.

Also bad menu usage. And goddamn, not hitting X right after you pick up an item drives me nuts.

https://youtu.be/owzRQLBE7fk?t=12m16s --> Woolie's laughing, I'm fuming with anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom