• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Nice deal! And that's always a good video to rewatch. Brawls were hella fun.

I need to see about finding a copy of Shinobi 3DS, especially after stumbling upon this OT made by Matt back when he had a GAF account.

I really miss those super cuts into every weird reference they used to make.
Part of the reason why the Anarchy Reigns video is my favourite still. The salt too.
They learned that day that you should under no circumstances let Pat win anything ever. You are guaranteed to regret it one hundred percent.
I could taste how salty Woolie was feeling over the internet.

I had that Shinobi game but i lost it along with my 3DS copy of SFIV.

From Matt's Tumblr.

tumblr_nn8mlffxHT1tnydxio1_1280.jpg

Archgan

Nice deal! And that's always a good video to rewatch. Brawls were hella fun.

I need to see about finding a copy of Shinobi 3DS, especially after stumbling upon this OT made by Matt back when he had a GAF account.
I was looking through threads Matt made and it's kinda funny that Matt made a bunch of threads for help with the channel, but always hid the fact it was for youtube videos.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What did Matt do to get banned for the last two years?

Threadshitting (e.g. "Not this thread again") in virtually any thread remotely critical/doom-and-gloom about Nintendo. Which is against the rules because it doesn't add anything to the discussion. Got banned multiple times for it, so eventually he was perma'd.

Then he had another account, but was quickly banned because he made no attempt to hide who he was, and I assume the mods recognized him and banned him for ban evasion.

if only Evillore was a friender
then we could just pretend nothing happened and get Matt back on Neogaf

anyways watching Daredevil recently has made me want to binge watch all the super hero shows ive been ignoring
so time to start Arrow,The Flash,Gotham,Agent Carter, and Agents of Shield

if only Evillore was a friender
then we could just pretend nothing happened and get Matt back on Neogaf

anyways watching Daredevil recently has made me want to binge watch all the super hero shows ive been ignoring
so time to start Arrow,The Flash,Gotham,Agent Carter, and Agents of Shield

We have Pat and lurker Liam and lurker Woolie. Would he nice to see Pat back in the thread shit talking but he's a busy man I bet.

Skrams

a6eceb530dc060ee995c575fabec18af.png

audience gasp

Well yeah, you don't call her York. You call her Emily, duh.

Bloodborne Part 18- I don't really have a problem with Woolie slow walking. Especially with the pit since you got to be super slow and careful with your jumps usually. I do the same most of the time. Always peeking around corners and using the monocle to look around.

I also wonder if Pat's sort of right about that "Closed." door. I found it super weird in my playthrough since I think that's the only door in that kind of weird position that has text with seemingly no use. It feels like it was supposed to be something, but it's just nothing. Cut content maybe? I clipped my camera through the wall and saw void so dunno.

Wish the guys could discern what's dev notes, real notes, and in game notes. They pass some stuff by because of just assuming most are real notes even if they look different.

Also a bummer that the enemy at the bottom of the pit has its back facing you. It's the only one in the game and has a cool moveset which I guess a few people miss.

Woolie fucking up backstabs and charged attacks too. That sure is something.

Also missed the door in the pit so I'm kind of doubting we'll hit the super duper ending.

Edit- Looked at a video posted on the reddit for the door thing. Pat was right, but for some reason the door remains closed for no reason I can think of.

The door was most likely closed off because if you had been able to use it, they would have had to load the area you were returning to (The Great Bridge/Central Yharnam) too quickly. As it stands, while it may be (geographically) not a much longer distance, the path through the Tomb of Odeon has more opportunities to hide loading in.

I mean, that's kind of the cost of Souls-style interconnected world design: you have to find ways to hide the loading of assets in area transitions. If the transition between two areas is too quick and "clean" there might not be a way to do it from a technical standpoint. The Bloodborne team seems like they ended up underestimating the amount of loading they would need to do early in the design process, which is probably also why returning to the Hunter's Dream between lantern teleports remains a thing (it gives an extra window for loading/unloading), and why the loading times were so rough in general.

The loss of that not-particularly-useful shortcut was probably the least painful thing caused by loading problems, on the whole.

NeonBlack

Wasn't the canon reason for that door being closed because all ways leading to the cathedral ward are closed off during the hunt? I believe the npc by the first lamp tells you that.

Wasn't the canon reason for that door being closed because all ways leading to the cathedral ward are closed off during the hunt? I believe the npc by the first lamp tells you that.

Yes, but in typical Souls design, you would have been able to open it from the other side.

This is a pure tech related issue. There was nowhere to hiding the loading.

Alfebit

Banned
lol Woolie, why would you try to fight that guy?
Pat did pretty good against those hunters. My first attempt at them had the one with the rifle spear do nothing but shoot constantly at me.

Skrams

Revelaitons Part 18- Gas rooms ain't great and I am getting equally frustrated as Matt at Pat's constant accenting for no reason. Wish they killed the special enemy instead of wasting 100 bullets then saying fuck it.

Bloodborne Part 19- We need to be insane to see this magic. You what. No. Stop saying words. Stop. Or they could be totally right since I think stuff gets harder after 15 insight, but I don't know if that effects the certain guys casting those spells.

Also ravens bark according to Pat. This is funny because reasons.

Still wish Pat would stop fucking that dog too.

Pat assuming that was the handkerchief gate too when it wasn't.

Kind of glad they died to
the rifleman, so maybe when we fight him next time it'll be in the courtyard. I think that makes the fight way less goofy since the trouble with that fight comes from how evasive the guy is.

Pat also not knowing how invasions work or I don't understand how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom