• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
History was made on that page and the next.

Then you all went and ruined it. RIP in RIP.
Good_Times_Title_Screen.jpg

Noooooo. A Bayonetta 2 one off. At least it's a one off, but it's a whole 90 minutes of SBFP entertainment I have to miss today. At least I can back log it until I can watch it.

Why the fuck not? The 3DS has an amazing library.

Having a 3DS is just as if not more important as owning a Vita

There isn't any motivation for me to handheld game.

If it's not going to leave the home, I can't justify owning it. I would buy if it was cross compatible with the Gamepad, but it isn't.

Okingjrr

So I was going through OT3,
and before you ask, no, it was not worth it,
looking for the Team Shamless compilation posts I made. I found them.

And I also found this awesome Persona 5 trailer that everyone loved back when it first came out. I thought you guys would want to see it again... to relive the magic.

Ask him where you can download RAM from.

"How big do the horns on my RAMs have to be?"

are you just some old bag who hates PC games or something?

NO! Learning how to build a PC is valuable life experience.

Hell, it's more important than learning how to drive as far as I'm concerned, and I've done that as well.

I can't keep up with you youngins and your non console vidya games.
yeah I do for a variety of reasons.

360pages

Honestly, I kind of wish it was either Nero OR Dante in DMC4. Either give all the weapons to Nero and give him some styles with his Devil buster, or give Dante the Devil buster as an early style.

Splitting them up felt like limiting both characters. Though I do wonder what would have happened if their development time wasn't cut in half.

Honestly, I kind of wish it was either Nero OR Dante in DMC4. Either give all the weapons to Nero and give him some styles with his Devil buster, or give Dante the Devil buster as an early style.

Splitting them up felt like limiting both characters. Though I do wonder what would have happened if their development time wasn't cut in half.

Dante and Nero probably would have each gotten their own playthroughs. Kinda like Dante and Vergil in 3, except each would have been more unique.

I don't see how it's limiting in Dante's case, since 5 styles, 3 devil arms, and 3 guns all at once is quite a fucking lot. And I was more than content with what what Nero had, I see the point of it being he's the beginner character while Dante's for very advanced players. And even then, you can still go pretty far with Nero's tools.

It would've been better regardless if the entire campaign was completely designed around Nero, and then you unlocked a second run through of the game as Dante, a la Vergil in DMC3.

I think Nero is meant for newcomers, and his relatively limited moveset is shown that way. I think Dante could've used a wider array of weapons, but Nero was probably never going to be different.

Nero serves his purpose well. I assume more development time would have resulted in a separate campaign more balanced around Dante.

croten

What? They both are so complex that they could be their own game, hell I still can't play Dante well just because of how complex he is that it just overwhelms me.

I don't see how it's limiting in Dante's case, since 5 styles, 3 devil arms, and 3 guns all at once is quite a fucking lot. And I was more than content with what what Nero had, I see the point of it being he's the beginner character while Dante's for very advanced players. And even then, you can still go pretty far with Nero's tools.

Im assuming he means limiting in regards to the campaigns scenario/enemy balance with Dante.

360pages

It would've been better regardless if the entire campaign was completely designed around Nero, and then you unlocked a second run through of the game as Dante, a la Vergil in DMC3.

Dante is good for the most part, though I wouldn't mind one more gun and weapon each. And it's nice that Nero pretty much had two movesets with how his Exceed worked. Though I really do think Nero could benefit with more weapons even if he couldn't change his style. Or giving him a few moves with his Devil Buster,

Though, style switching on the fly and in mid comb is amazing, but the main problem is outside of bloody palace, the game feels to split up to really experience both characters fully. As a result, I don't find replay DMC4 main game all that great,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom