• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

I just saw Maleficent, a pretty solid and hype movie honestly, I feel like it's the precursor to the Old Iron King DLC in Dark Souls.

Xiraiya

Is it just Wicked, but for Sleeping Beauty? That's what I assumed when I saw it. Response to the movie seems pretty split 50/50.

I don't think I saw Wicked. But this was more or less just all about Maleficent and kind of a "Here is what really happened" version of the story of her and sleeping beauty, beauty and the curse felt like a really secondary thing compared to a lot of the movie.

I'll include some things for those who want a little more info.

It's more or less the movie goes into why Maleficent did the things she did and adds more context to the whole cursed sleep thing, it's a really interesting take on it all and basically has her trying to come to terms with her hatred and resentment and then her regret for taking it out on an innocent girl who is basically like a daughter to her.
That and it shows us that she is actually a total fucking badass.

SUPER BEST FRIENDS PLAY D4 (PART 4)
Website

Yes-Yes-Yes-WWE-Gif.gif
I don't think I saw Wicked. But this was more or less just all about Maleficent and kind of a "Here is what really happened" version of the story of her and sleeping beauty, beauty and the curse felt like a really secondary thing compared to a lot of the movie.
I'll include some things for those who want a little more info.
It's more or less the movie goes into why Maleficent did the things she did and adds more context to the whole cursed sleep thing, it's a really interesting take on it all and basically has her trying to come to terms with her hatred and resentment and then her regret for taking it out on an innocent girl who is basically like a daughter to her.
That and it shows us that she is actually a total fucking badass.
Appreciate the write up, I'll go check that out. (Wicked is the same concept, but for the Wizard of Oz.)

Squishy3

Man, I wish this was on every platform so Swery won't have to crash on Matt's couch.
Swery is fine, the Zaibatsu is paying him to shill their videos.

Played most of the prologue today, D4 is so good you guys. Played some of the KI tutorials but waiting for my converter to arrive before really diving into it. I thought I'd be able to play a fighting game with a controller for at least a little bit but I just can't do it. Too spoiled by arcade sticks.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm downloading some stuff, and no matter how many seeds it has, it always dwindles back to zero. I've tried everything, anyone got any tips?

Squishy3

You missed my announcement a page back:

I found a copy! Went to 5 different Gamestop stores before I found a copy.
And this is why you preorder niche games like Bayonetta 2. I wonder if there are going to be meltdowns over the availability of Xenoblade Chronicles X and Persona 5.

Why don't you do both?

In other Rebirth news, I can't believe how nerfed my Cain is. Also Samson doesn't completely suck anymore.

It's fine. I just finished my run with this amazing set up. Rapid fire giant tears with shields, pierce and high damage. I finished Mom in 10 seconds.

Also, for the bolded, say it ain't so. Cain's mah boi. I can't have him be nerfed.

You put a transparent window of Issac over the D4 video and play while you watch. Or you put a transparent window of the D4 video over Issac and watch while you play. e z p z

I'm playing on my Vita so that doesn't really work.

And this is why you preorder niche games like Bayonetta 2. I wonder if there are going to be meltdowns over the availability of Xenoblade Chronicles X and Persona 5.

Well I didn't think there would be such a limited supply for a highly anticipated game. Something like that worries me to the point of thinking that the Wii U will go the way of the Virtual Boy. I REALLY hope the install base picks up.

Well I didn't think there would be such a limited supply for a highly anticipated game. Something like that worries me to the point of thinking that the Wii U will go the way of the Virtual Boy. I REALLY hope the install base picks up.
It could never be that bad. The latest quarter is pretty good for WiiU, and it's gonna be more like the GameCube than an actual failure.

It's fine. I just finished my run with this amazing set up. Rapid fire giant tears with shields, pierce and high damage. I finished Mom in 10 seconds.

Also, for the bolded, say it ain't so. Cain's mah boi. I can't have him be nerfed.

Still better that Default Isaac, but holy hell, the Lucky Foot nerf hurts.

Squishy3

Highly anticipated on a site like GAF doesn't mean highly anticipated in terms of the general public. Bayonetta 2 had 2 preorders at my store and those were the only copies. Low preorders means low stock, period.

It could never be that bad. The latest quarter is pretty good for WiiU, and it's gonna be more like the GameCube than an actual failure.

It still really surprises me that GC and more N64 games aren't popping up on the eStore more often. Guess everything is going to be pushed toward 3DS?

Highly anticipated on a site like GAF doesn't mean highly anticipated in terms of the general public. Bayonetta 2 had 2 preorders at my store and those were the only copies. Low preorders means low stock, period.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. There are signs all over NYC promoting COD AW. I don't think I saw anything promoting Bayo 2.

Okingjrr

Jeez that sucks.
I have a friend who went to his local game store to get W101 on release and the guy was basically saying WHO?

It still really surprises me that GC and more N64 games aren't popping up on the eStore more often. Guess everything is going to be pushed toward 3DS?
I'm dumbfounded why they threw away all the Wii Shop Channel library on WiiU. I assume Ninty has all their work put into making new games on both consoles.

Phantom if i can play games like Senran Kagura and Freedom Wars while watching anime
you can play Isaac while watching Best Friends vids
git gud

Jeez that sucks.
I have a friend who went to his local game store to get W101 on release and the guy was basically saying WHO?

I also found a copy of W101 as well. Bought both and paid 60 thanks to a gamestop coupon I had.

Signing up for their credit card that'll never be used gives you 15,000 Pts.

Xiraiya

I'm baffled at how long it's taking the Best friends to work out the Plane is most likely some kind of mental recreation in David's mind, going over his own memories, hence why so many things being completely nonsensical, such as the few passengers on the plane that happen to all be batshit, not an actual "Yes this is exactly what this was"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom