• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
double post but
Black Panther concept art
B1DffjMCUAEN6Z5.jpg:large

Zenfalcia

The new pope is great, but that isn't what I meant. I meant that religion hasn't been "shitting on science for thousands of years".

Yeah, that sentence was a little.. weirdly worded. Maybe a small portion disregards science, but that's the same with alot of groups. They have extremists. Well, some education systems doesnt teach proper science.
cough USA cough

Zenfalcia

It has always been pro-science or at least used to be (same as the Islamic world hundreds of years ago, where science, knowledge and discussion were fully welcomed and encouraged and incredible progress was made in multiple sciences, particularly in chemistry). I won't say that viewpoint hasn't diminished over the past hundreds of years, but the idea that the catholic church, islam et cetera have always been anti-science is factually incorrect.

There will always be a portion of any group whose opinions will work towards progress, but I wouldn't say it represents an entire religion. And are science studies in the US really that bad (excluding worldclass schools)?

Atheist, by the way. Don't see this as me going into defense mode.

Well it depends how far back in history you go. Way in the past they shunned the idea of a round world and thought of the world as flat.

They are the most vocal and make the biggest impression. Just look at any group. Like femanists as an example the radical extreme people make some of the good intentions look bad or skewed.

No worries, just having a casual discussion. I dont think anyone here is too religious? It didnt seem that way.

demidar

So, is the current Marvel movie universe fairly straightforward in terms of canon? It seems like the writers all work together to make sure their movies don't contradict each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom