• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool action with a healthy amount of character development.
Been on a binge lately.
I don't know if I'd call it character development, but JoJo's Bizzare Adventure has the best action scenes and a really likeable cast that does comedy shenanigans.

Also Claymore kiiiinda?, which is reminiscent of Berserk somewhat.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does it count in current movie canon? I wouldn't be surprised if that was just swept under the rug.

Technically anything that's not under the Marvel Studios productions aren't part of the same line/universe. Marvel Studios also doesn't own the movie rights to many Marvel characters, including the X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four. And that includes Elektra and Daredevil.

Xiraiya

Woolie just needs to stop bitching and get good at games other than fighters.
Everything will feel much better for him then. (Watching the latest DS2 Video)

demidar

Technically anything that's not under the Marvel Studios productions aren't part of the same line/universe. Marvel Studios also doesn't own the movie rights to many Marvel characters, including the X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four. And that includes Elektra and Daredevil.

Right, that whole thing with Sony Studios. Sucks, I wish Spiderman and the X-Men interacted with the main movie canon.

Not F4 though, the movies pretty much ruined their movie incarnations :S (1 wasn't too bad I guess)

Xiraiya

Can't wait to watch this after I'm done with the podcast.

You can tell Woolie's attention span is just struggling so hard to deal with being in one area for this long, he's so done with it, but that's..again, his attention span and inexperience making it much harder for him than it should be.

You can tell Woolie's attention span is just struggling so hard to deal with being in one area for this area, he's so done with it, but that's..again, his attention span and inexperience making it much harder for him than it should be.
I don't know if you've avoided the shitstorm (hah) that's been happening over this lately or not, but that DLC is garbage, and while it's not fun to watch them play it, it's also not fun to play that DLC.
thank you, you have the best jeanne avatar
Appealing to my ego will only get you anywhere nowhere. :p

croten

You can tell Woolie's attention span is just struggling so hard to deal with being in one area for this long, he's so done with it, but that's..again, his attention span and inexperience making it much harder for him than it should be.

Isn't it mostly that the DLC is actually just bad?

Rutti

To be fair that area has some pacing issues. It's just the whole area with all the bosses jammed at the end. There should have been atleas on boss in between all that.

Xiraiya

I really think that guy Pat was referring to is right, I mean obviously they're surviving regardless, but it really is insanely inefficient for Woolie to keep playing this way because he's compromising his own possibility to play really well by using a weapon simply because "Muh Berserk", and if the game is only going to get Harder, it's just going to make him more frustrated and give up on the game faster. It's really not a sword for the weak or defensive, but I guess we'll find out.

I'm not saying Woolie should be ashamed for not Minmaxing or any nonsense like that, but there does need to be a balance between having fun with your character while also maintaining some practicality.

Duplolas

Banned
You can only save 1 person from the entire TBFP cast, but you must also have sex with that person to save his life.

Who would you choose to save and have sex with?

Xiraiya

You can only save 1 person from the entire TBFP cast, but you must also have sex with that person to save his life.
Who would you choose to save and have sex with?

None of them, I'd save Pat but I just don't roll that way, so that's unfortunate for him.

Sounds like somebody has some weird fantasies going on.

tumblr_ne612kSn9k1srphoao3_r1_500.jpg

RYUUUKO!

SATSUKIIII!

croten

That being said, I've only ever gone through the area in NG+++, where there are way more enemies with significantly more health and you've already hit the damage cap two playthroughs ago.
I don't know what the area is like on a first playthrough. Maybe it's not as atrocious.

I remember Pat saying he really like a certain area in that DLC. Not sure which though, I never played it

That being said, I've only ever gone through the area in NG+++, where there are way more enemies and red phantoms with significantly more health and you've already hit the damage cap two playthroughs ago.
I don't know what the area is like on a first playthrough. Maybe it's not as atrocious.

Which part is it? I'll get back to you on it when I go through since I'm still on vanilla NG

Xiraiya

The only Areas I didn't really enjoy in Souls game was Blighttown and the undead crypt/tomb areas I don't like Dark Areas that are also in a potentially confusing layout.
Blighttown was the worst offender because the only reason it was such a pain to get through was because of it's stupid lighting filter.
I don't mind confusing areas or Dark Areas, I don't like when an area is both however, the enemies are usually fine, aside from Toxic Dart Blowers and Undead beasts with their outrageous combo, most enemies were fine to get past.

Aha, a very good point. This pretty much just asking which of the Best friends we would have sex with, and I don't really feel comfortable answering that
So.. your answer isn't "No" then, that much is clear.

john-goodman.gif

I loved the finale for its thematic winding down, and it made the last season work. The rednecks weren't the main bad guys. Walt was the main bad guy, and he built himself up to that point over those five years. After his exile and returning, he tries to make good by going backwards through his progression. He's monstrous when poisoning Lydia, reflecting his behavior for the last two seasons. He's devious and menacing when threatening Gretchen and Elliot, intimidating them but not actually planning to hurt them despite his implications, reflecting his evolution in the middle of the show, when he wanted to be the "man who knocks" but didn't quite cross all of the moral lines he crossed. Finally, he takes care of the rednecks purely with his scientific knowledge, going back to the beginning when he first deals with Tuco by throwing fulminated mercury. In each step, he's pulling back from the monster he became in his techniques to find the part of himself he lost in his journey. And the best part is it happened without him satisfyingly "redeeming" himself, because he couldn't at that point. The only satisfaction he had was that, as he was dying, he did what he could to make what little amends he could and find that part of himself, even though he clearly and absolutely knew at that point he was irredeemable. There was no going back, but he took the steps available to him to at least fall in that direction.

I really like this description.

360pages

I think they were a bit too kind to the Korra game. I understand what they were trying to say, but the game was too short to take remove your bending. Just upgrading your bending was enough of progress.

croten

I think they were a bit too kind to the Korra game. I understand what they were trying to say, but the game was too short to take remove your bending. Just upgrading your bending was enough of progress.

I nearly maxed out all the styles by the end of the game, then again that was where most of my deaths came from as using styles that weren't very good against certain enemies.

croten

I spoke with Pat about that area, actually. I think he said something along the lines of it being so bad that he might actually just never finish that area, despite him always playing soul games to full completion.

It's the optional area in DLC3. But like I said, I don't know what it's like on NG. I imagine it's significantly better than playing it on much later NG's.

Must have been a different area then. That or my memory is that of an old man.

EDIT: Fuck, DP.

Is the DLC for both games on disc or is it true additions?

I havent dipped into buying DLC for either game, because I don't think I'm missing much.

croten

Is the DLC for both games on disc or is it true additions?

I havent dipped into buying DLC for either game, because I don't think I'm missing much.

The DLC for DS1 is already installed in the Prepare to die edition of the game but I don't know if the DLC is already on the DS2 disk but I think the patches added some of the content into the game.

They did a perfect job with Mako.

Nendoroid_Mako5.jpg

yep, thats about right

My clicker can't possibly be this cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom