• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

Is the DLC for both games on disc or is it true additions?

I havent dipped into buying DLC for either game, because I don't think I'm missing much.
DS2's DLC is downloaded separately and added to the game, there is content applied to the game by default so that you can see weapons and stuff other players have equipped when you don't own the DLC, but the there is a significant download for each DLC when it is bought.

Dark Souls Prepare To Die edition has it's DLC built in at this point since it's basically a definitive edition.
DS1 DLC is really amazing and probably one of the best parts of the whole game, and DS2's DLC is just a ton of new content, so they're proper expansions in my opinion.

I don't know what you're definition of "Missing much" is but I would say you can't really get DLC much better than pure content and expansion.

Holy crap. BioMenace AND Cyber Dogs mentioned in the same episode... I didn't think anything would ever make me want to go back and play those again but damn if I'm not currently trying to find my old 100 Games for Windows disks.

Chadwick Boseman

3981533-6503022817-39686.gif

croten

DS2's DLC is downloaded separately and added to the game, there is content applied to the game by default so that you can see weapons and stuff other players have equipped when you don't own the DLC, but the there is a significant download for each DLC when it is bought.

Dark Souls Prepare To Die edition has it's DLC built in at this point since it's basically a definitive edition.
DS1 DLC is really amazing and probably one of the best parts of the whole game, and DS2's DLC is just a ton of new content, so they're proper expansions in my opinion.

I don't know what you're definition of "Missing much" is but I would say you can't really get DLC much better than pure content and expansion.

I think he means he isn't missing much in terms of quality

Xiraiya

I think he means he isn't missing much in terms of quality

Well that's debatable since all 3 of DS2's DLC had different reactions from people and are apparently each quite different in quality, but Dark Souls 1's DLC was the perfect addition to the game in my opinion.

croten

Well that's debatable since all 3 of DS2's DLC had different reactions from people and are apparently each quite different in quality, but Dark Souls 1's DLC was the perfect addition to the game in my opinion.

Really? Other than the first piece of DLC I've seen a lot of negative backlash towards them.

Xiraiya

Really? Other than the first piece of DLC I've seen a lot of negative backlash towards them.
People are always going to complain about something when a game is objectively not the same quality (Lore/story wise) as previous installments.

Honestly I can't wait to play the crown DLCs, I've seen most of the 2nd and 3rd DLC but somehow never seen the first one even though it's apparently the best, but I like the other two, I mean like every other aspect of Dark Souls 2, yeah there are flaws and they become significantly more apparent when you hold the game to "Souls" standards, but overall I've honestly been enjoying DS2 so much and everything I've seen of it.

It's like the Skyrim of the Souls series, I enjoyed Skyrim a great deal despite it's issues, I enjoyed Morrowind about a hundred times more, but when I look at what else is out there, these games suddenly look a whole lot better on their own when not compared to the series they're apart of.

Xiraiya

The App isn't out until December :(
That honestly sounds like a cooler feature than I expected, but that style is disgusting, I also kind of resent that article's idea that people don't want to find followers in RPGs in random areas throughout the world.

That is part of the fun of an RPG, exploring a world and meeting characters, they shouldn't be bothering with an RPG then if they can't possess the attention span for it.

Skating on chainsaws in your Sunday best is more fulfilling than wearing those things on your arms.

Even though it's a nice take that at Rodin's line from the first game.

I honestly don't like how the skating handles for movement, unfortunately. It was an awesome thing to see the first time. I feel like the combos are more reliable on the hands as well.

Not much yet, but I really really love the damage boost. It's like playing Mega Man 9 with Protoman, a handicap, but with the other benefits.
You should try
Rosa.
She easily does the most damage, at the expense of taking the most damage as well and limited to only one weapon. Plus her Umbran Climax gives her
the mech.

sjack

Banned
I'm starting to regret tweeting the link to that DS 2 critique by MathewMatosis to Pat since all he's been doing for the past few videos is parroting every single word from it, while providing absolutely nothing original or insightful from himself.

You should try
Rosa.
She easily does the most damage, at the expense of taking the most damage as well and limited to only one weapon. Plus her Umbran Climax gives her
the mech.
I'm going through 3rd Climax my first time with Jeanne and it's pretty difficult but fun. I want to use
Rosa
when I beat it, but the all-or-nothing of it is gone be rough.

I'm starting to regret tweeting the link to that DS 2 critique by MathewMatosis to Pat since all he's been doing for the past few videos is parroting every single word from it, while providing absolutely nothing original or insightful from himself.

When did you tweet it to him? Cause unless the answer is "when DS2 came out" he didn't hear it from you.

When was that?

I'm pretty sure he brought the video up earlier in the LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom