• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutti

In some way, it'll always bleed in to an innocent series even in very subtle ways, I have a really hard time imagining a Mangaka doing a H series and then a completely normal Manga that doesn't have a feel or premise that goes along similar lines of seedier manga just with the H removed.

Sure, but as long as something extreme doesn't happens like in Usagi Drop it's fine. Like you said Azumanga Daioh got through fine.

Played some of the Korra Platinum game and the combat is weird. There's very little things you can chain together. I'm guessing it opens up more when you get all 4 elements.

360pages

Sure, but as long as something extreme doesn't happens like in Usagi Drop it's fine. Like you said Azumanga Daioh got through fine.

Hell, Ghost in the Shell artist was super into Hentai...like super into it, and that turned out fine for the most part.

I think drawers and writers should have the freedom to make what they want. I mean, if a writer wrote a sex scene or an erotica once, they aren't instantly branded and what not. No, they just wanted to try something different.

Mr.Towel

Wow. Wooooooooow. Wow.....wow.....fucking wow.
Fuck this.
Fuck that.
Fuck everyone and everything.
That's terrible. Story is literally ruined.

I was interested to read it because it sounded like a fun heartwarming story, but my girlfriend told me the ending after she finished it and I couldn't fucking believe it. You had one job, author.
That job was avoiding incest

joe2187

Banned
PSN Haul this month:

Senran Kagura DLC chars: $5.99
Senran kagura DLC costume set 2: $5.99
Siren Blood Curse Chapt 1-12: $7.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles: $5.99
Skullgirls Robo-Fortune Avatar: $0.49
Skullgirls Minette Avatar: $0.49

$26.94

not bad at all.

PSN Haul this month:

$26.94

not bad at all.

First thing I bought online with my brand new PS3 way back ago was Siren Blood Curse and some expansions for MGO

ultimax

I was interested to read it because it sounded like a fun heartwarming story, but my girlfriend told me the ending after she finished it and I couldn't fucking believe it. You had one job, author.
That job was avoiding incest
I'm just going to pretend that everything after the anime is non cannon
PSN Haul this month:

$26.94

not bad at all.
Shit, the DLC characters for senran kagura came out??

Have you guys played Freedom Wars yet? I am curious how it is. I have tried several hunting games and the only one I was able to get into was Mon Hun and kind of Gods Eater.

joe2187

Banned
First thing I bought online with my brand new PS3 way back ago was Siren Blood Curse and some expansions for MGO

I've always wanted it but didnt know what it was way back, now it hits the sweet price.

Dracula X is on sale?

Yep, looks great so far!

Shit, the DLC characters for senran kagura came out??

You get both characters for $5.99 or pay $3.99 for them each separately.

Which why would even buy them separately?

I really like playing as Jeanne, but I really suck pulling of witch time with her. Guess I'm used to the shitty ps3 version of bayo 1, but I'm getting better.
btw I have no clue how to unlock the other characters
Oh I suck really hard and die way too much, but it's good practice and it's fun. (I really like Jeanne.)
I know you get Rosa by beating 3rd Climax, I think the other ones are through tag climax

As far as MAL talk? Mine is super old and busted now. I'm super surface or whatever.

Zenfalcia

Late replies but whatever

Yeah, the church's support of science is/was flimsy at best, but it's still there. Extremism is a wholly different subject altogether.

But whatever, I'm just glad this new pope is awesome and not Darth Sidious incarnate.

Well, there was a time when the church had great influence and controlled the media and people. Yeah, extremism is.

New pope is a bro.

Cool action with a healthy amount of character development.
Been on a binge lately.

Shounen? Just to name a few: akame ga kiru, claymore, breaker the new waves(there's a prequel which you should read).. therw's more i can push, but ehh.. too many to name.

I know a lot of us are anime fans, but how big of one are you guys? I have a MAL (if you know what that is). If you guys have one, I'd like to see it.

Anime? You mean those chinese cartoons that ruins childrens' lives?
I watched quite a bit but i'm more of a manga nerd. My mal is on my profile if anyone cares. Some nsfw titles on there.

ultimax

You get both characters for $5.99 or pay $3.99 for them each separately.

Which why would even buy them separately?
That's hype. Definitely getting that
Oh I suck really hard and die way too much, but it's good practice and it's fun. (I really like Jeanne.)
I know you get Rosa by beating 3rd Climax, I think the other ones are through tag climax
I need to play more tag climax. The whole verse cards thing is still kinda ehh to me but I haven't given it a proper look.
i want to unlock balder and rodin. Playing as them sounds so cool

that kid put his dick in that corpse

Doctor_wait_what.gif

Zenfalcia

Your hometown will always be there to support you when life fucks you over though.
Real talk, smart people choose both

Life can suffocate you,
but so can hometown...
Real talk?
Both are good. I like a nice overall body even if it's lacking in life and hometown.

I stopped reading the manga when
that kid put his dick in that corpse
. I kept on with the anime since it wasn't that graphic visually.

I either havent' read that far or don't remember that part. I couldn't watch the anime since it had so much cut out and it just didn't look great animated

/Dead

Life can suffocate you,
but so can hometown...
Real talk?
Both are good. I like a nice overall body even if it's lacking in life and hometown.

I either havent' read that far or don't remember that part. I couldn't watch the anime since it had so much cut out and it just didn't look great animated

/Dead

It was near the beginning. During his backstory.

Zenfalcia

fuck that, just nooooooo-I like that gif-ooooooooooo

The gif is now forever ruined for you.

It was near the beginning. During his backstory.

It's been a while since i've read it. Must've forgotten about it.

Motherfuckers, now I'm updating my MAL for the first time in a year. I'm sitting here trying to remember the stuff I watched.

Dude, you don't even know. It's such a pain.. I tried updating my manga list.. it took me hours just to get through A and B titles.
It doesn't help i have 700 titles to put in

There's also series you dont' remember the names to which will bug you forever.

JoJo94

Well this marks the first week I actually forgot about the podcast sadly...will listen tomorrow

Also, I hope they like the other DLCs in Dark Souls sorry if I am like late saying this.

Zenfalcia

Well this marks the first week I actually forgot about the podcast sadly...will listen tomorrow

Also, I hope they like the other DLCs in Dark Souls sorry if I am like late saying this.

You missed a late podcast? How?
jks doesn't really matter.
You can listen to it now, unless you're busy/going to sleep or something.

Well didn't pat say the other dlc not being as good?

JoJo94

You missed a late podcast? How?
jks doesn't really matter.
You can listen to it now, unless you're busy/going to sleep or something.

Well didn't pat say the other dlc not being as good?

I have stuff I gotta study for, so can't listen to it cause I wouldn't be paying as much attention.

I know he loved the first one, can't remember what he said about the third one.

Zenfalcia

I like using hummingbird.me to keep track of my shows. It's just a preference thing, but I like the design/layout much better
http://hummingbird.me/users/AbuBeats

Late, but nice avatar. ;) I mean on the site not on gaf. Also, you have a lot on your to watch list. Not that I don't either.

I spent the last 20 minutes updating MAL and now I kinda wanna move to this. That is really cool.

But that means you'll have to do everything from scratch. You can do that if you want.

I have stuff I gotta study for, so can't listen to it cause I wouldn't be paying as much attention.

I know he loved the first one, can't remember what he said about the third one.

Ah, makes sense. Better to just focus on studying.

He said the third one wasn't great? He mentioned it on the podcast a while back.

JoJo94

Ah, makes sense. Better to just focus on studying.

He said the third one wasn't great? He mentioned it on the podcast a while back.

Yeah I'll probably wake up earlier to get more studying in and listen to it then.

At least he'll like the first one more hopefully. Been a lot of salt in this DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom