• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Here's my anime list:
Gurren Lagann
Kill La Kill
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist
Azumanga Daioh
Nichijou
Attack On Titan
Other stuff

Solid, it's a bit sparse tho imo. But since I don't want to sit here yelling at you to watch certain things for an hour, I'll just say you watch quality stuff.

Rutti

I know a lot of us are anime fans, but how big of one are you guys? I have a MAL (if you know what that is). If you guys have one, I'd like to see it.

You could say I'm a fan of anime and manga alltho my peak was some years ago. Can't be arsed to make any lists since I'm anal about the accuracy and there is many series where I switched between manga and anime at some point.

Here's my anime list:
Gurren Lagann
Kill La Kill
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist
Azumanga Daioh
Nichijou
Attack On Titan
Ippo
Other stuff
I gotta ask, because I forget, but have you watched ippo?

Added.

Solid, it's a bit sparse tho imo. But since I don't want to sit here yelling at you to watch certain things for an hour, I'll just say you watch quality stuff.

No, there's a ton of shit that's not up there that I've watched. Please shout them at me so I can remember

Xiraiya

I know a lot of us are anime fans, but how big of one are you guys? I have a MAL (if you know what that is). If you guys have one, I'd like to see it.

I watch a lot of anime, I just don't watch really "Otakuish/moe" Anime or Shoujo or anything like that because I cannot fucking stand it, the exceptions are extremely rare.

Would you like the list from the last season, the last year, the last 3 years, or the last half a decade =p ?

(I don't do MAL so I have to copy and paste from my... Database.)

But I doubt anyone here can out niche me.

360pages

Eh, I watch anime here or there, but I mostly read manga. I like to write more than anything, though I enjoy some of every media once in awhile.

Neol

Kinda got burned out and haven't watched any anime these past 2 seasons but I got a pretty good record behind me.

My MAL. Just add me if so desire :)

Kinda got burned out and haven't watched any anime these past 2 seasons but I got a pretty good record behind me.

My MAL. Just add me if so desire :)

To me at least, the summer season was too hyped up in being good. I'm glad that I didn't watch during that season since apparently it was disappointing.

Filling out this MAL, I realize I've probably watched too much anime.

When I went to my local con, the Crunchyroll people in a panel asked the audience of probably 400 to 500 people, "who watches Cardfight Vanguard" and only me and my brother apparently watches it. They actually made fun of us for the rest of the panel.

To me at least, the summer season was too hyped up in being good. I'm glad that I didn't watch during that season since apparently it was disappointing.

Yeah, Summer wasn't great, week to week it was pretty much just JoJo and Nozaki for me and I haven't gone back to finish anything but Haikyuu and I probably won't.

Neol

Filling out this MAL, I realize I've probably watched too much anime.

It feels good though looking back through your list and lookign jhow much time you spent on watching these japanese animu's. That and also keeping track of what your watching.

I feel ya. Only some picks in summer worth watching but overall the season looks pretty meh to me. The fall season anime looks pretty good though. I plan on watching a bunch during my break from school.

When I went to my local con, the Crunchyroll people in a panel asked the audience of probably 400 to 500 people, "who watches Cardfight Vanguard" and only me and my brother apparently watches it. They actually made fun of us for the rest of the panel.

I've only seen like two episodes and it seemed pretty generic, but I'm always down for generic cardgames, so I'll get around to it one of these days. And don't feel bad about that, I'm sure at least half of that audience loves SAO unironically.

You mean the panel that was probably composed of people who love SAO?

EDIT: Come on, Aaron.

It feels good though looking back through your list and lookign jhow much time you spent on watching these japanese animu's. That and also keeping track of what your watching.
I feel ya. Only some picks in summer worth watching but overall the season looks pretty meh to me. The fall season anime looks pretty good though. I plan on watching a bunch during my break from school.

It's not even that I have many on here to look at yet, I'm just struggling with what I put down, since I'm having a hard time remembering everything I've seen. Not to mention that I pretty much start watching every anime every season so I have to put those on there, then I have to make the choice of if it's on hold or dropped! These choices are hard, I might finish Locodol but I don't know!

Watch Gugure Kokkuri-san. Yamamoto-kun...

I've only seen like two episodes and it seemed pretty generic, but I'm always down for generic cardgames, so I'll get around to it one of these days. And don't feel bad about that, I'm sure at least half of that audience loves SAO unironically.
It gets better and more interesting. Though right now theyre becoming GX. New cast and everything.

ultimax

I'm going through 3rd Climax my first time with Jeanne and it's pretty difficult but fun. I want to use
Rosa
when I beat it, but the all-or-nothing of it is gone be rough.
I really like playing as Jeanne, but I really suck pulling of witch time with her. Guess I'm used to the shitty ps3 version of bayo 1, but I'm getting better.
btw I have no clue how to unlock the other characters

You mean the panel that was probably composed of people who love SAO?

EDIT: Come on, Aaron.

98b.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
No, there's a ton of shit that's not up there that I've watched. Please shout them at me so I can remember

I left out things you already mentioned.

Here are all the things off my MAL that have a 9 or higher (not including movies, thats for another time):

• Bakuman - all three seasons
  • Clannad and After Story
  • Code Geass - both seasons
  • Dragon Ball
  • Ghost in the Shell and 2nd GIG
  • Silver Spoon - both seasons
  • Hajime no Ippo - all 3 seasons
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - both seasons
  • Cromartie High
  • Steins;gate
  • Trigun
  • Baccano!
  • Berserk Golden Age Arc movies
  • All of Black Lagoon
  • Chobits
  • Dragon Ball Z
  • FLCL
  • Fruits Basket
  • Gankutsuo
  • Welcome to the NHK!
  • Golden Time
  • Great Teacher Onizuka
  • All the Hetalia stuff
  • All the Eden of the East stuff
  • Kinos Journey
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Kids on the Slope
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Anything Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Usagi Drop (show, dear lord not the manga)

We were actually hyped on JOJO most of the time. There was a guy in the audience posing JOJO poses for the panel photos.
I was doing Jojo poses as well but didn't want to get my photo taken.
I wish I could be more shameless

God, I want to go to an anime convention. With my complete lack of shame I think I'd have a good time.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
God, I want to go to an anime convention. With my complete lack of shame I think I'd have a good time.

I know what you mean, but since I'm the only one of my friends who is this huge of a nerd, I have no one to go with, so I usually try and make friends there.

I've gone a total of 1 year(s) and was actually super shy. I'm not used to being outspoken about what I like, as no one around me ever cared before so I never talk about it outside of GAF, but I am an outspoken person so I guess I'll try again in may.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom