• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first three episodes were put up on Crunchyroll seemingly by accident as they soon taken down. Richard Epcar voices Joseph, and he does it fairly well.
Well the first three episodes were shown at I think anime expo but werent released to the public. I just wish they had done phantom blood and battle tendency. I wanted to hear JYB voice young joseph

Joseph sounds fine, but Holly sounds a bit generic.

Jotaro I don't know about, but that's because I'm just too used to his JP voice.

She's one of the like, five actors who play women in anime, of course she's gonna be generic.

And Jotaro just sounds too standard shonen to me, like, he's not deep or cold enough, he's too high and hot to pull it off.

demidar

She's one of the like, five actors who play women in anime, of course she's gonna be generic.

And Jotaro just sounds too standard shonen to me, like, he's not deep or cold enough, he's too high and hot to pull it off.

I think you're right, he needs to be deeper and colder with a hint of dismissal.

There's a moment in Wolf of Wall Street, where if Leonardo Dicaprio's character had stepped behind the wheel of a Gunman, I wouldn't have even blinked.
Fuckin hell what an amazing movie. I love it!

you 1 console plebs
i had a PS1,a N64, and a Sega Genesis

I had everything growing up. The only time I didn't have everything with when the first Xbox came out and we hated it's existence for some reason so I never had one. We had everything else at all times, though. The problem was we were kids and info on what games was good was no readily available to us, so we got a ton of shit games. Our Genesis was essentially just a Sonic 2 machine since none of our other games were remotely good.

Also, I had both, the Genesis version of Aladdin is way better.

Sup nerds?

I recently discovered that Pachinko shows and competitions exist and, well... I don't really understand what's going on but it sure is fucking intense.

Like, balls fall down and if they fall into the right hole some hype shit happens, but otherwise it's basically just a fancy slot machine, right?

The world never seizes to amaze me.

Edit: About halfway through they have a Code Geass machine and apparently if you get three 3's it means you get Party Change!

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo6_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo5_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo4_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo3_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo7_1280.png

What a collection.

NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, GC, 360, PS3, WII U, 3DS, PSTV, PC.
Never bet on sega in the past, though I spent a lot of time at a friend's house playing sonic games and not really liking them. I still have these devices lying around either in my room or in the basement. Shame I no longer have my CRT. It's incredible how sturdy early Nintendo consoles were. They all still work perfectly.

The only thing I regret buying is the 360. And maybe the PSTV.

I didn't regret my 360 because I played a ton of Halo and Gears with friends. That system was great for playing games with friends not on a PC and it definitely served its purpose out of that. Also, Tales of Vesperia is so good.

I don't think I've ever regret buying a system I own, because there's always been at least 3 games I loved playing on those consoles which is usually the lowest limit I have to buying a new console.

Well the vita hasn't gotten to that point yet, but playing VLR and new PSP games I couldn't play on my broken old PSP was worth it. And I also had more fun than I'm willing to admit with the Vita Uncharted, which I still think was better than 3.

I know, I did the same. Played a ton of Halo 3, Gears and finished Vesperia and many other games on it as well. But I still get the feeling that I got the least amount of enjoyment out of it in comparison to almost any other console I've ever owned. For me, it lacked that "one mindblowing game" that would wholly justify my purchase.

Already played VLR on my 3ds and I'm mostly just pissed about the compatibility issues when it comes to the PSTV. If things actually worked the way they should, everything would have been fine.

Yeah its compatibility list is kind of lame, but I think for an $80 console its not that bad of a purchase since its only purpose to is to fill a specific need. Unless it costs more in EU and I don't know about it, then that sucks.

The only thing I regret getting was the OG fat DS, I think the only games I ever got for it was Metroid hunters and Mario 64. I had no idea about TWEWY or 999 at the time. I have copies of the games now and will get to them when I can

The only thing I regret getting was the OG fat DS, I think the only games I ever got for it was Metroid hunters and Mario 64. I had no idea about TWEWY or 999 at the time. I have copies of the games now and will get to them when I can

The DS's library is up there with the ps2's and SNES's. That system also has the Ace Attorney games, Radiant Historia, the best version of Chrono Trigger, all that good pokemon, Layton, Bowser's Inside Story (and Partners in Time which isn't as good as SS and BIS), and I'm probably forgetting a bunch. But seriously, DS is so good. DS Lite was one of the best console revisions ever also.

croten

I think the Wii was the only console I regretted getting. I hated the motion control and thought it had crap games. I didn't know about Xenoblade until a while ago

Okingjrr

Yeah its compatibility list is kind of lame, but I think for an $80 console its not that bad of a purchase since its only purpose to is to fill a specific need. Unless it costs more in EU and I don't know about it, then that sucks.

It costs 99 € in Urope, seeing as how it just came out. That translates to $125, which sucks.

The DS's library is up there with the ps2's and SNES's. That system also has the Ace Attorney games, Radiant Historia, the best version of Chrono Trigger, all that good pokemon, Layton, Bowser's Inside Story (and Partners in Time which isn't as good as SS and BIS), and I'm probably forgetting a bunch. But seriously, DS is so good. DS Lite was one of the best console revisions ever also.
Yeah I know the library is good but for whatever reason I just hate the feel of DS and 3DS and I can't get past how uncomfortable they feel to me
I bought the Ace Attorneys when they got put out on IOS, they are good
I think the Wii was the only console I regretted getting. I hated the motion control and thought it had crap games. I didn't know about Xenoblade until a while ago
I actually forgot I had a Wii, the only games I bought for that was Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. It just ended up being a Netflix machine for my parents. I tried out new Mario bros and Mario Galaxy but they didn't do anything for me.

croten

Yeah I know the library is good but for whatever reason I just hate the feel of DS and 3DS and I can't get past how uncomfortable they feel to me
I bought the Ace Attorneys when they got put out on IOS, they are good

I actually forgot I had a Wii, the only games I bought for that was Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. It just ended up being a Netflix machine for my parents. I tried out new Mario bros and Mario Galaxy but they didn't do anything for me.

Twilight Princess was a gamecube game, I don't know what your talking about.

I bought the Ace Attorneys when they got put out on IOS, they are good.

Come to think of it, 999 and TWEWY also got ported to the iOS. And that TWEWY port is really good too.

It costs 99 € in Urope, seeing as how it just came out. That translates to $125, which sucks.

That does suck. That's like one and a half times our price.

Old console regrets? Okay.

I regretted buying my Wii U so early, and regret buying another 360 during tech school, but that's pretty much it. No ragrets here.

Well, I do sorta regret buying two 770s over just buying one 780ti, but that's minor.

Okingjrr

That does suck. That's like one and a half times our price.

Blame
Canada!
taxes and all that shit.
A lot of people complain about how for the video games market (as well as other markets) in Europe $1 = 1€ when it's all the import taxes that kick up the price. Let's not talk about how the £ users get fucked.

I don't have any regrets related to owning consoles. But with handhelds the only one I regret is the Gamegear. Hardly have any memories playing that except on the train to space camp.

I don't regret buying any consoles because I owned none growing up lol. I had my PC, Star Wars games, and I was fine with that. The occasional trip to my friends house who had Melee was fun, but we never bought a Gamecube cause of it.
First console I owned was a Wii, second was a Wii U, and I have both handhelds. I guess cause any games I really care about will either be on a Nintendo platform, or a PC.

Oberon

Banned
I never regret buying a console, because I usaly buy them for a specific game.
If the Vita had Monster Hunter 4, I would have bought at leat 2!

Ps1, Ps2, Ps2,OG DS, Ps2, Gameboy micro, DS, PSP, Wii, Ps2, Wii, Dsi, Ps3,PSP, Dsi, 3ds, Wiiu, PSP,

I hate the ps2, it's like it's made out of paper. I wish I had a gamecube..

Okingjrr

I guess I'll join in.
Growing up, we had a NES, N64, GBC, GBA SP, Xbox, OG DS, Wii, 360, PSP, PS3,PC, 3DS, Wii U, Xbox One
Underlined belonged mostly to my older brother.
The threefour that are bolded, I both with my own money.
We got a second Wii after the first had died and a second 360 after the first RRODed.
Don't regret none of those purchases.
One of my uncles had a PS1, I only got to play MK on it. I had a friend with a Dreamcast, that's how I know about those games, a lot of people around me
(3)
had PS2s. Played on Gamecube a couple of times.
That's about it.

Edit: Forgot my PC I built with sweat and tears.
Edit 2: I count my younger brother's PSP for the lolz. It hasn't gotten much use to be honest.

List time
NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PlayStation, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, First Xbox 360, First PS3, Sister's Wii, Second PS3, Second Xbox 360, PS4, Wii U, PC

In purchase order.

In order of when I got them
GBC, GBA, Gamecube, DS, Wii, PS2, 360, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, SNES, Xbone
(Played the important NES games on the GBA Classic NES Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom