• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order of bought, PSX, GBC, PS2, PC, NDS, and PS3.

The only time I ever regretted buying a console was PS3 since I only bought it for niche Japanese games and Persona, but I forgotten the huge library of games it accrued.

E the Shaggy

I don't know why but Matt and Pat talking about Capcom shitting on Mega Man during the Prison Break LP was hilarious.

To answer with something related to a game, the entire final episode of Heavy Rain is hilarious because of how absurd EVERYTHING was.

The chase scene with the chicken throwing is hands down my favorite Best Friends moment.

"WOOWOOWOOWOO."
"WHY?!?!"

Xiraiya

I had a SNES when I was like 5 or 6, I think I got it pretty late, came with Mario All Stars which was pretty hype, and then I got Donkey Kong Country, DKC2 (Still the best game I had on that console) DKC3 (It was kind of weird) and I think Killer Instinct and Mario Kart were the only other games I had.

And then after that I got an N64 for a birthday and I can't even remember what I had, I never got too many games for each console, but I played alot of Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Conker's Bad Fur Day, I think mostly I used my N64 for Pokemon Stadium 2 because I was playing a lot of Silver.

Aside from that I had a modded PS1 that was given to me with a whole ton of copied games, so that was the console I had the most games on, first time I encountered Metal Gear Solid, saw the crappily written label and was like "...?" Had no idea what I'd be in for, loved it.

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3 and Gran Turismo 1 & 2 and Medievil were like the only "real" games I had, which was fine by me, loved them.

Okingjrr

My only video game related regrets was selling my old consoles and some games.

I sold only two games, I think: Pure
(garbage)
and Split/Second.
I got Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat 9 at the occassion but man do I regret selling off Split/Second.
I had 100% the offline portion of the game but being too poor for xbox live at the time, it was deemed unneccesary to keep the game.

Question: Which is worst? Selling a game or misplacing it and never finding it back?

Second one for me. If it's a good game I'll regret that shit forever. If it's a bad game, well it's still a game.

Question: Which is worst? Selling a game or misplacing it and never finding it back?

Selling a game is always the worst since you decided to sell it and no interest in playing it anymore. The only game I've ever sold was Kingdom Hearts 358 1/2 days since I really only played it for the story.

Jman014

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo6_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo5_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo4_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo3_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nesbif3npQ1rdljluo7_1280.png

What a collection.

Dat Platinum.

Emouse

according to PSblog EU store update we're not getting fucked with the Ultimax DLC characters, still gotta pay but it's better than none

only worst girl and police dick listed however, no blue waifu just yet

ultimax

according to PSblog EU store update we're not getting fucked with the Ultimax DLC characters, still gotta pay but it's better than none

You best not be referring to Margaret as worst girl

croten

We don't get one week free? That's bullshit

Oberon

Banned
Since we're talking about purchasing regrets, I think Ultimax was my biggest waste of money.
And I bought Heavy Rain
twice

Xiraiya

Europe must've done something really terrible to ATLUS when they were kids.

P5 will be a re-imagining of that story, where you play as "ATLUS" who had a traumatic childhood with Europe, who will either be redeemed or become an even worse enemy that has to be defeated, with the help of all your friends

Emouse

Europe must've done something really terrible to ATLUS when they were kids.

Maybe we took their lunch money one too many times, looking back though there's a lot of Japanese developed games that never got an EU release, or like we got one entry in the middle of a series and that's it

Since we're talking about purchasing regrets, I think Ultimax was my biggest waste of money.
And I bought Heavy Rain
twice

I imported FF13 thinking the localization was the story problem, and it wasn't (though the localization is still bad either way). But atleast I love that minimalistic FF logo for the JP box arts, so it's not all bad.

I think a complete waste was when I bought Naruto UNS3 when it hit Steam, to show support and because I thought I'd like it, but that's like 40 bucks spent on me trying to unlock Zabuza and Haku, which I couldn't do because they take so much time to unlock and I don't enjoy playing the game.

croten

I imported FF13 thinking the localization was the story problem, and it wasn't (though the localization is still bad either way). But atleast I love that minimalistic FF logo for the JP box arts, so it's not all bad.

I think a complete waste was when I bought Naruto UNS3 when it hit Steam, to show support and because I thought I'd like it, but that's like 40 bucks spent on me trying to unlock Zabuza and Haku, which I couldn't do because they take so much time to unlock and I don't enjoy playing the game.

Don't let 360 pages hear you say that.

Oberon

Banned
Ima need you to explain this blasphemous statement

I bought the NA version so I can get the free DLC but, I needed an US account for that so I couldn't download it.
Because of that, and the fact that the characters are there in the select screan taunting me, made me not touch it again. And because of SMT IV, I swore to not give my money to Atlus ever again, so buying the DLC is out of question.
And the most important reason :
It's not a Prison School fighting game

Xiraiya

Really? I unlocked the entire roster just from doing those side tournament battles, it took like no time, and they were pretty fun.

croten

I bought the NA version so I can get the free DLC but, I needed an US account for that so I couldn't download it.
Because of that, and the fact that the characters are there in the select screan taunting me, made me not touch it again. And because of SMT IV, I swore to not give my money to Atlus ever again, so buying the DLC is out of question.
And the most important reason :
It's not a Prison School fighting game

Why didn't you make a US account?

Don't let 360 pages hear you say that.

Haha yeah, I'm also waiting for his daily "I wish the Korra game was actually UNS" post.

jk 360, you're a swell guy

Really? I unlocked the entire roster just from doing those side tournament battles, it took like no time, and they were pretty fun.

I tried going through the story mode, but that wasn't going to happen, and then I just tried the ol' spam through VS CPU to get fast Ryo which still was painfully slow for how 'expensive' Zabuza and Haku were.
I played an hour or so with a friend and that's when I just lost interest after really experiencing how shallow the fighting is. So even if there was a quick method that I missed, there aint no going back for me.

Atleast Revolution has some new mechanics, so I might check it out when it hits a low sale.

I tried going through the story mode, but that wasn't going to happen, and then I just tried the ol' spam through VS CPU to get fast Ryo which still was painfully slow for how 'expensive' Zabuza and Haku were.
I played an hour or so with a friend and that's when I just lost interest after really experiencing how shallow the fighting is. So even if there was a quick method that I missed, there aint no going back for me.

Atleast Revolution has some new mechanics, so I might check it out when it hits a low sale.

Story mode was one of the best things UNS3 had going for it. CC2 is amazing at creating beautiful cinematics that make even the most garbage of anime like Naruto seem pretty hype.

If you couldn't get into it with UNS3, Revolution won't change your mind. It's more of a filler game with no real story mode.

Xiraiya

tried going through the story mode, but that wasn't going to happen, and then I just tried the ol' spam through VS CPU to get fast Ryo which still was painfully slow for how 'expensive' Zabuza and Haku were.

If it's not your thing then the series just isn't your thing, it's as simple as that.

Story mode was one of the best things UNS3 had going for it. CC2 is amazing at creating beautiful cinematics that make even the most garbage of anime like Naruto seem pretty hype.

If you couldn't get into it with UNS3, Revolution won't change your mind. It's more of a filler game with no real story mode.
I really want JJBA:ASB2 to have a story mode. Just for the eye candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom