• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n5diryoWEy1r6g9m4o1_400.gif

tumblr_n5diryoWEy1r6g9m4o2_400.gif

tumblr_n5diryoWEy1r6g9m4o3_400.gif

Not even our most advanced jar technology can stop them.

croten

You know what's pissing me off about P4G? The game keeps emphasizing the importance of social links, but seems to do everything in its power to prevent you from actually doing them.

Constant events that take up single to multiple days, random rainy weather, the inability to anything on certain evenings because you have to "watch the midnight channel" or "You have to go to sleep because of X" or "you have to prepare for Y tomorrow), multiple requirements for certain characters to show up on their days, high level requirements for some dialog options (some of them practically impossible on NG),
Naoto
only being available from mid-October on, tests taking up almost an entire week without letting you do anything in the evening et cetera.

I'm trying to finish off certain S-Links and I literally cannot find the opportunity to do so because something is up every fucking day! I know this was the case in Vanilla P4 as well, but I was just fucking around back then. Now I'm trying to get as many max S-Links as possible without a guide and this shit is incredibly frustrating.

If your trying to do them all it's supposed to be hard, time management is never easy.

yeah My Gief has a lot of green hands, they put a lot of pressure out there when used right. While he is slow I really like his normals, command grabs are there when I see them.

*Note I have no idea what I am doing or talking about
Yeah that last game was teal close.

So characters I wanna git gud at:
Juri, ken, sakura, elena, poison, dudders, cammy, Cody, and Rose.
is that too much?

You know what's pissing me off about P4G? The game keeps emphasizing the importance of social links, but seems to do everything in its power to prevent you from actually doing them.

Constant events that take up single to multiple days, random rainy weather, the inability to anything on certain evenings because you have to "watch the midnight channel" or "You have to go to sleep because of X" or "you have to prepare for Y tomorrow), multiple requirements for certain characters to show up on their days, high level requirements for some dialog options (some of them practically impossible on NG),
Naoto
only being available from mid-October on, tests taking up almost an entire week without letting you do anything in the evening et cetera.

I'm trying to finish off certain S-Links and I literally cannot find the opportunity to do so because something is up every fucking day! I know this was the case in Vanilla P4 as well, but I was just fucking around back then. Now I'm trying to get as many max S-Links as possible without a guide and this shit is incredibly frustrating.

Yeah thats was one of the problems with P4. At least in P3 you could scheduled out what to do since you could look up the exam days and know what day for operations. Checking the weather seems like a terrible mechanic.

I also don't like that they forced S-Links upon me. I should be the one who cares about the characters in my party. I should be the one to care about the people I meet, not because I am told to do so. It would have been better to just make socializing with other people a hidden mechanic instead of endless scheduling.

is that too much?

you will at least get a knowledge of those characters and it is good to have a stable you can go to but I would focus on 1 or 2 of those characters more than the others.

is that too much?
Wow yes definitely, focus on one, maybe two. Three tops if you're really crazy
Is Persona 3 Portable the best version of Persona 3?

It seems like the perfect game for my Vita TV
Yes it is, and then just watch someone else slog through the answer on youtube

I know I wanna focus on juri but I cant decide between Poison, Elena, and Cody as a second.

I have two secondaries, Gief and Ken. I just play one when I'm bored of the other, if you play long enough you'll probably get good at both secondaries eventually.

I'm probably gonna pick up Poison when I get Ultra later, too.

I know I wanna focus on juri but I cant decide between Poison, Elena, and Cody as a second.

Find the one that fits your playstyle.

My three man rotation is Cammy, Ibuki, and Sagat. They are have a charging move that moves them across the arena, even though they all play differently.

Find the one that fits your playstyle.

My three man rotation is Cammy, Ibuki, and Sagat. They are have a charging move that moves them across the arena, even though they all play differently.
Well again all of them fit my playstyle I I really like rushdown type characters.
I know how to play ken and sakura cause shotos so I know theyll both be those characters I like to play but arent my mains. Dudders rose cammy and c viper I guess can be apart of that group as well. I guess ill just have Juri be first, Poison, and cody be my second, and Elena be my third.

Juri isn't really a rushdown character. She likes her space.

Cammy is pure rushdown though.
But the SF wikia says shes rushdown...is it lying?
I really want to play USFIV with you guys, though I'm not sure how great an idea that would be, considering I'm from the EU.
As long as its not horrendus ill play you, what do you have it for
please be ps3, i need more friends to play SF with, i wanna have Street fighter nights with all yas.

Having the animations makes a huge difference imo. It's worth to have the not so great combat since you get used to it.

To me its mainly the improvements that make P3P worse than fes. Asking for the shrine guy to copy cards makes the whole combat thing pointless and breaks the game. Having TM cards is somewhat fine, but make it like pokemon and it only works for some personas.

Zenfalcia

To me its mainly the improvements that make P3P worse than fes. Asking for the shrine guy to copy cards makes the whole combat thing pointless and breaks the game. Having TM cards is somewhat fine, but make it like pokemon and it only works for some personas.

I really wish part time jobs was in p3fes. I didnt know that was in p3p or really anything p3p added. Tm cards huh.. interesting.

Reposting because I think you missed it

Here you go:
BqQ9cLe.png
I got it just havent changed it yet.
Same here actually, that and I'm a total scrub but yea I dunno how well connection would be
I sent you a friend request dude.
Having the animations makes a huge difference imo. It's worth to have the not so great combat since you get used to it.
Yeah the entire final cutscene is kinda ruined by that.

Squishy3

Yeah the entire final cutscene is kinda ruined by that.
Too bad FES has retarded party AI. It's already a not great gameplay experience, and it's further hampered by the lack of direct party control. Nothing more infuriating than dying because the boss decided to attack the MC but a party member didn't heal you.

Too bad FES has retarded party AI. It's already a not great gameplay experience, and it's further hampered by the lack of direct party control. Nothing more infuriating than dying because the boss decided to attack the MC but a party member didn't heal you.
im still stuck on nyx because of this.

Man, I am loving every new theory or interpretation of the Evil Within's plot that Matt and Pat come up with in this playthrough and just going "you have no idea..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom