• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

Finished my painting, and am now working on our own personal portfolio website! I'll see if i can make a clip of it tomorrow.

Too bad FES has retarded party AI. It's already a not great gameplay experience, and it's further hampered by the lack of direct party control. Nothing more infuriating than dying because the boss decided to attack the MC but a party member didn't heal you.
The MC can basically solo the whole game on his own on Normal. The game is piss easy.

As far as P3P vs FES, It comes down to if you care about presentation or gameplay. FES has a lot to be more immersive, but if you dislike not having party control that much P3P is fine.
Finished my painting, and am now working on our own personal portfolio website! I'll see if i can make a clip of it tomorrow.
Yo that's awesome man. I have a friend who made herself a resume website, have fun with it.

360pages

1000 words is easy if I'm motivated, the problem is as the story goes on the less I want to write it and write something else. I usually bounce around here or there so I don't get too bored or frustrated with a story and come back to it.

Can't do that shit for writing month.

But that's the same with school.
Not when you don't have classes at 9 in the morning. I can wake up naturally without caffeine or some bullshit.

Though I wish that was the case for all my classes, but sadly I loathe Mondays and Wednesdays for this reason.

A locker full of crows
I remember when I was playing just staring at that fucking thing flying in circles for a good ten seconds being absolutely baffled.

Zenfalcia

Not when you don't have classes at 9 in the morning. I can wake up naturally without caffeine or some bullshit.

Though I wish that was the case for all my classes, but sadly I loathe Mondays and Wednesdays for this reason.

Yeah.. 3 of my days of class start at 8 or 9.. it's not fun. You could also have jobs that start later in the day or even a night job.

The games that let you play as bad guys thread just reminded me of how much I liked Scarface:The World Is Yours.

Does anyone think we should get that game on the next Cryme Tyme before Hotline Miami?

I really want to hear Matt's Al Pacino impression.

croten

The games that let you play as bad guys thread just reminded me of how much I liked Scarface:The World Is Yours.

Does anyone think we should get that game on the next Cryme Tyme before Hotline Miami?

I remember playing that game a little on my cousins wii. Other than shitty motion controls it was pretty good.

Squishy3

The game isn't exactly difficult and you can work around the issue. The vastly better presentation of FES makes up for the lack of party control.
It's not unplayable, but there's absolutely no goddamn reason a version shouldn't exist by now that has both. Sega could do something good for once.

360pages

The fact that the boss has a one hit kill move that there is barely any escape from is garbage. Even most of the one shot kills from RE4 had a Dodge button or were super telegraphed. Having a teleporting enemy that can kill you is stupid.

Anung

Un Rama
The fact that the boss has a one hit kill move that there is barely any escape from is garbage. Even most of the one shot kills from RE4 had a Dodge button or were super telegraphed. Having a teleporting enemy that can kill you is stupid.

In Akumu mode everything can kill you in one hit. the only solution is to git gud.

That fight just really requires you to have full knowledge and awareness of everything in that arena, the signs of where it'll spawn, where to lead it, and so on. Hell, the part that still surprises me with Pat is
that he wasn't burning the bodies right as Laura spawned out of them, as that's how I dealt most of the damage to her and it mitigates the animation priority issue that comes from lighting a match and dropping it.

I hated that fight the first time. Now, I've got the damn thing down to a science.

The primary trick is to NOT play it like RE4. I learned that the hard way.

Squishy3

There's a ton of time to actually get away from it, even if you're sprinting all of the time. It can't catch up to you as long as you never let the sprint bar fully deplete, and she can't attack out of the teleports. There's always a spawn, look around, spot Sebastian phase before she actually starts chasing. She won't start immediately after spawning.

That fight just really requires you to have full knowledge and awareness of everything in that arena, the signs of where it'll spawn, where to lead it, and so on. Hell, the part that still surprises me with Pat is
that he wasn't burning the bodies right as Laura spawned out of them, as that's how I dealt most of the damage to her and it mitigates the animation priority issue that comes from lighting a match and dropping it.

I hated that fight the first time. Now, I've got the damn thing down to a science.
I actually didn't use any of my own ammo for that fight except for the shots to blow up the barrels. I burned the bodies and used the torches and fire traps to kill her.

360pages

There's a ton of time to actually get away from it, even if you're sprinting all of the time. It can't catch up to you as long as you never let the sprint bar fully deplete.

True, but there is a lot of times you have to place yourself in harms way to damage it. And it only has the instant kill move

You know what's pissing me off about P4G? The game keeps emphasizing the importance of social links, but seems to do everything in its power to prevent you from actually doing them.

Constant events that take up single to multiple days, random rainy weather, the inability to anything on certain evenings because you have to "watch the midnight channel" or "You have to go to sleep because of X" or "you have to prepare for Y tomorrow), multiple requirements for certain characters to show up on their days, high level requirements for some dialog options (some of them practically impossible on NG),
Naoto
only being available from mid-October on, tests taking up almost an entire week without letting you do anything in the evening et cetera.

I'm trying to finish off certain S-Links and I literally cannot find the opportunity to do so because something is up every fucking day! I know this was the case in Vanilla P4 as well, but I was just fucking around back then. Now I'm trying to get as many max S-Links as possible without a guide and this shit is incredibly frustrating.

Use a guide or do it on the second playthrough. That game encourages a second playthrough more than any other.

True, but there is a lot of times you have to place yourself in harms way to damage it. And it only has the instant kill move
Which is kind of the point?

I remember looking at interviews with Mikami from before the game came out (primarily Adam Sessler's video interviews with him and the producer), and he said something along the lines of exposing an enemy or some other horror's weakness is where it becomes most tense because it's only when it gets close to you that you have a chance to harm it (Jaws was his primary example of this idea). Seeing that fight with that knowledge in hand makes a bit more sense, and it also informs some other events later in the game.

It's interesting, survival horror's a term that people have taken and applied to things in their own way, but if we're going by what the person who coined the damn term thinks it means, stuff like this feels very much on point.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What a day. I went to an animation convention thingy with some friends. Saw a great stop-motion short film.
Whats going on with you frienders?

360pages

Which is kind of the point?

I remember looking at interviews with Mikami from before the game came out (primarily Adam Sessler's video interviews with him and the producer), and he said something along the lines of exposing an enemy or some other horror's weakness is where it becomes most tense because it's only when it gets close to you that you have a chance to harm it (Jaws was his primary example of this idea). Seeing that fight with that knowledge in hand makes a bit more sense, and it also informs some other events later in the game.

It's interesting, survival horror's a term that people have taken and applied to things in their own way, but if we're going by what the person who coined the damn term thinks it means, stuff like this feels very much on point.

I can see that, and in most games fighting is allowing you to be hurt, I just think the fight should have more room for error since even though it's apparent what you have to two, they still give you two close range touches to use for the battle.

I hope they play the Godfather: Blackhand edition. Loved that game

I can see that, and in most games fighting is allowing you to be hurt, I just think the fight should have more room for error since even though it's apparent what you have to two, they still give you two close range touches to use for the battle.
Understandable. Luckily the later boss encounters aren't as punishing in that regard.

Anung

Un Rama

You don't need to use the torches. You can shoot her to death, burn the bodies as she comes out of them, shoot the barrels, use agony bolts and the fire pits in the level. It is possible to complete the fight without going anywhere near her or her one hit kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom