• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wracking my brain trying to remember the first time I cried to a movie, and your post reminded me it was one of the Pokemon movies, specifically when Ash gets petrified whichever one it was (probably the first one with Mewtwo?).

Other than that, I don't think I ever cried because of a movie or game. Teary eyed yes, but no full-on crying.

OH YEAAA!

I was a mess after seeing the movie. I remember thinking that it was the end of Pokemon.

Okingjrr

I was wracking my brain trying to remember the first time I cried to a movie, and your post reminded me it was one of the Pokemon movies, specifically when Ash gets petrified whichever one it was (probably the first one with Mewtwo?).

Other than that, I don't think I ever cried because of a movie or game. Teary eyed yes, but no full-on crying.
Yea, it's the first movie.

I don't cry often (5 times probably) but I get a lot of feels.

I forgot to say, in Gurren Lagann, the Who the Hell do you think...
Nah, I guess I'm nobody
got me. The speech after that was just icing on the cake

We had this convo before, and I listed like a bajillion things because I am so easily manipulated. Like seriously, if a character starts to cry, I'll start to get teary eyed, even if I know the scene is stupid.

But in terms of what things get me the worst, are
-Characters having a mental breakdown- Clannad-
Kotomi's ruined me for a long time

-A true goodbye, where they know they won't see eachother again - MASH's finale, I was a bawling babby

-A character knowing they're going to die, but fights on anyway- Bokurano

-Characters knowing they're going to die, but decide to enjoy those final moments -Majora's Mask- The Couples' Mask is one of the most emotional storylines in gaming.

Ending D of NieR revealed that I was probably more attached to the game than I should have been (given how much time I spent on pointless shit), but damn what that game does at the end was sure damn effective.

Man, so many of the things in NieR really give me the feels. What a game.

I'm a sucker for "triumph of the human spirit" stuff. Gurren Lagann sort of takes that to it's illogical conclusion. Recently I saw that movie, The Theory of Everything, about Stephen Hawking and my eyes got a little moist after that.

I love this trope to death. Going down swinging with a smile is awesome, one of my favorites is in Hellsing. You'd know the one.

Especially when they're crying while doing it. But crying tears of joy that they're helping people. Shit hits deep. I know I've seen it, but my brain can't remember anything at the moment.

Feels man, feels. Why didn't you guys warn me about those moments before watching the show?

I think some situations in Watamote got me
feeling not crying
as well cause they hit so close to home.

That show has so many familiar moments, who knew making an anime about a socially inept shut-in would be a good idea.

Ending D of NieR revealed that I was probably more attached to the game than I should have been (given how much time I spent on pointless shit), but damn what that game does at the end was sure damn effective.

Man, so many of the things in NieR really give me the feels. What a game.

There were some moments in Drakengard 3 that really got me too. But yeah,
ending D
in Nier was probably a tough pill to swallow.

Zenfalcia

I came back to anime feelsgaf?
e7563643581779f8d137d0a0be9ee97d.jpg

Grave of the fireflies killed me as a child.. i was like 7 when i watched it..

I love this trope to death. Going down swinging with a smile is awesome, one of my favorites is in Hellsing. You'd know the one.

I still need to watch Hellsing, especially with all the stuff I've read here.
And one of the few moments of Naruto that I truly love, Zabuza's ending was so radical.

And since we're listing some scenes, Furiko is a fantastic little emotional animation

360pages

Jiraya's death in Naruto got to me surprisingly,

Even more so in the games. Where his arm gets broken and you have to fight 6 foes against 1. It's impossible of course, and the final push he gives to take out one of them is really awesome in the game version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom