• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't know what to think of TEW. It's not a great action game (still fun), it's a terrible horror game and the "survivor" aspect fell flat because of how easy it was and how much supplies it shoves in your face throughout the entire thing. That being said, despite all that, the somewhat weak story, 30fps cap, black bars, many bugs, occasionally odd enemy designs and clunky movement, I don't hate it.

I guess it's ridiculous, all-over-the-place design of it made it fun enough for me to play through it.

I only played the demo but it feels to me like if resident evil 4 wasn't the 10/10 game we all knew and love but instead it was just 6.5 its okay. Like I'm totally getting it when it drops down to 20 dollars but when I see it right now all I can think about is pure disappointment.

croten

So I'm going to pose a challenge to you frienders. You know I'm not a fan of JonTron, though that is based more on I watched some of his old videos while he was still on GameGrumps, and wasn't impressed. Since you say his more recent work is better, I'd be curious to see what his better stuff is since I clearly did not see it before.

You follow any of retsupurae? Slowbeef and Diabetus' Darkseed and Deep Fear LPs are amazing.

His Bootleg Pokemon Games episode is pretty great

tumblr_ndrfqcpuZR1qgsw73o1_r3_500.gif

I guess we're only getting 1 video today.

Jotnron is great. He is without a doubt my favorite content creator (I'm sorry Best Friends Zaibatsu). Both his old and new stuff is fantastic.

They're still great, I just prefer Goosebumps and Foodfight and Titenic.

I think I'm gonna chalk it up to my familiarity with Jon. I rewatched a lot of those earlier videos like 20+ times because I'm crazy. New stuff like Bootleg Pokemon Games is pretty fucking fantastic though, so I'm not complaining. I still get excited to see his new stuff.
You follow any of retsupurae? Slowbeef and Diabetus' Darkseed and Deep Fear LPs are amazing.
I missed this before, Retsupurae is probably one of my top 5 channels on YT, easily. I binge their content on random occasions, and it's fantastic.

It still feels like a mix between RE4 and TLOU, but it fails in executing them properly.

Thing is that I still had fun playing it despite all its flaws, so I can't recommend against playing it. If you're unsure, you should indeed wait for a price drop (or watch a bit of the LP).

That being said, I would have no more reason to play it if I watched the LP first. The thing that made it fun to play (the curiosity towards the next crazy event, area or monster/boss) will be spoiled to death and the gameplay isn't good enough for me to play through it just for that.

I was gonna watch like up to chapter 4 of the lp and if I like what I see I'll probably buy it during the christmas sale.

Man, Slowbeef and Diabetus' commentary over Deep Fear is always a delight to revisit. Best thing on the damn channel.

Also, Deep Fear is a hilariously awful RE clone with even more lols worthy dialogue than the first Resident Evil.

Man, Slowbeef and Diabetus' commentary over Deep Fear is always a delight to revisit. Best thing on the damn channel.

Also, Deep Fear is a hilariously awful RE clone with even more lols worthy dialogue than the first Resident Evil.

I didn't know how much I need this in my life til now. Will watch.

ultimax

Quite, but still better than the GGsubreddit. They seem to be getting close, they almost got the date of incident.
Yeah, there are some interesting theories on there. It's amazing how much people can figure out from looking at the smallest bits of information

I'm really looking forward to the The Evil Within LP. I had a lot of fun playing the first couple of hours of it on my Brother's Bone. But that opening is not fun

Gamer Y

Yeah, there are some interesting theories on there. It's amazing how much people can figure out from looking at the smallest bits of information
Yeah, to get it down to the day is really impressive. Hopefully with Jon(maybe?) and Nicole posting there, they can find the truth.And it's GG's fault for not telling the truth to begin with.

Dryk

Just got to the Amiibo part of the podcast. Sticking them in a case is actually a really good idea, especially for the Smash ones seeing as Assist Trophies already take that form.

200px-AssistTrophyWiiU.png

ultimax

WHAT PART OF WERE CORRUPT NOW DONT YOU UNDERSTAND BOY

Dont make me call Shakzam on your ass
Oh no not this again. I'll have to counter punch the lewd out of these frienders.
You got it. GlassEmpires, you're under arrest for touching your brother's naughty place.
We got a true hero here.
Yeah, to get it down to the day is really impressive. Hopefully with Jon(maybe?) and Nicole posting there, they can find the truth.And it's GG's fault for not telling the truth to begin with.
Yeah this all could have been avoided if they were just honest on the matter. The truth will come out eventually.

His Bootleg Pokemon Games episode is pretty great
Well, that was definitely better than what I had watched a year and a half ago, and I recognized moments that came from some of those gifs posted here.

I still think I prefer him better with someone to work off of instead of just being by himself (it's why I tolerated him on GameGrumps, because of the chemistry with Egoraptor). But it wasn't shit, so credit where credit's due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom