• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

You don't need to talk about everything immediately. If you feel you're in a comfortable and safe environment, start out with something small. Initial talks can influence later ones, hopefully positively, so every step taken is worth it.

If you do not feel that an environment is wholly safe, change said environment for the better before forcing yourself to talk.
I get what you're saying. But I'm not a very methodic person when talking, I go all over the place because some things influence others and it becomes this tangled up mess of a story.
I also feel that not giving enough info to whoever I'm speaking to doesn't help find a solution. And giving too much is just asking for it to be ignored.
There's this balance that I feel the need to achieve before going in super deep. And like you said, starting off with the little things might be a good approach.

I want to respond to your guys' serious stuff but I'm not satisfied with my ability to talk about it, so I'll just offer my sympathy.
The lemur from Zoboomafoo died today, you guys.
First Naruto, now this? What is even left of my childhood?
Wow. What an obscure thing from my childhood that somehow does make me sad.
Swordfish, man c'mon.
Edit: Goodwill gets it!
"Halle Berry was topless for a scene":The Movie

360pages

I try my best to be a little more out going, even if it's just a smidgin.

Compared to where I was in middle school and high school to where I am now with talking to people I'd say I made huge improvements.

The thing is I'm awful at making friends. It took me like 2 years of high school to get them and I don't know what I do without them at this point. I should mention I'm horribly afraid of being alone.

Aren't we all?

I hope you find solace in telling your friends. It's their loss if they don't accept you. It doesn't change a goddamn thing about who you are.

Sorry, but I have a soft spot for people who're afraid to be themselves.

Squishy3

Hulu isn't terrible, I use it for Supernatural, Arrow, The Flash and wrestling, so the anime is just a bonus, but yeah, the ads are pretty annoying when they're nonstop.
It's really just bad because of the fact it doesn't remove them for Hulu+. FFS, equivalent services that have free versions that also have a subscription model remove ads when you subscribe.

5895970.gif

Deal with it

Also I discovered a funny subreddit that is both lewd and yet not lewd.

Its funny but I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable

The thing its something that might not happen. Its more of a suspicion than anything else.

EDIT: Fuck it I'm just gonna say it. I'm pretty sure all my friends are massive homophobes and that scares the hell out of me.

Honestly, it's as Aaron says, and as the generic answer goes- You gotta find out for sure, and if they are then just forget about them and find actual friends.
Of course it won't be that simple, but internet friends are legitimately cool too.

+1 for my entire life I've just bottled things up as a defence mechanism but now it's getting to the stages where I can't do that any more. I find it hard to talk to the real people in my life (I'm trying to) so a place like this is a good halfway point

Yeah when I was in it, I couldn't maintain a conversation with anyone, and I just felt like I was bothering everyone and being a burden by just talking to them. I've pushed away so many good people because of this.
And because I hold everything in, the time I did actually talk about it, I had a nigh on break down.

Stay strong and fight on brother, you've got all our genki's.

This web zone is allowing all of us to just be ourselves, the power of frienders is too stronk

Aren't we all?

I hope you find solace in telling your friends. It's their loss if they don't accept you. It doesn't change a goddamn thing about who you are.

Sorry, but I have a soft spot for people who're afraid to be themselves.
its cool, I doubt they will accept me though :/

It's difficult, and there is an argument to be made for tolerating your friend's intolerance, but if the mere concepts bothers you this much you might be better off without friends like that.

I can try making better friends. It will take awhile but you know its better where I currently am.

if you want to play Tales of Hearts R so bad Aaaron just steal someones charger
bonus points if their a casual

But nobody owns a vita, so it's impossible to steal one.

Serious jokes aside, the one person I know who owns one's girlfriend is using his charger forever apparently so I'm fucked on that.

doesnt Bull technically already have alot of other friends
like us
i mean we posted selfies so its not like we dont know what the other person looks like
were all fans of the same thing so i considers us all friends

Honestly, it's as Aaron says, and as the generic answer goes- You gotta find out for sure, and if they are then just forget about them and find actual friends.
Of course it won't be that simple, but internet friends are legitimately cool too.

I'm too scared to admit something like that to anyone offline at this point. Internet friends are cool, too bad I end up stop talking to them 1-3 years after meeting them.

I can try making better friends. It will take awhile but you know its better where I currently am.

So wait, are they homophobes in the sense that they hate gay people or in that they're just insensitive? And if they won't accept you than maybe they're not worth you accepting them. But being alone isn't the end of the world, one day you're gonna have to learn to live with yourself, as hard as that might sound.

like us
i mean we posted selfies so its not like we dont know what the other person looks like

Shhhhh, you're ruining everything! We can only call each other frienders to avoid looking like nerds!

If you had the LCD Vita you would be fine since micro usb cords are cheap

The worst part is that I have like a thousand micro USB cords just lying around.

Not me.

I mean, I don't hate having some company every once in a while, but being around and interacting with other people is draining for me. Comes with being an introvert.

I tend to fake being an extrovert. I rather enjoy being by myself, not being alone :/

I'm too scared to admit something like that to anyone offline at this point. Internet friends are cool, too bad I end up stop talking to them 1-3 years after meeting them.

What about your parents?

360pages

I'm glad they brought up game length in this podcast.

You know all the shitty stuff in Sonic games?

Like the knuckles missions in tails missions in Sonic Adventure 2

Or the werehog in Unleashed? They were all created so the game wouldn't be too short.

Also S3&K >>>>Mario 3

I tend to fake being an extrovert. I rather enjoy being by myself, not being alone :/

If I'm around people for more than a couple days I go completely fucking insane and start snapping at people like crazy, then just lose all motivation to do anything at all and just kind of give up.

So wait, are they homophobes in the sense that they hate gay people or in that they're just insensitive? And if they won't accept you than maybe they're not worth you accepting them. But being alone isn't the end of the world, one day you're gonna have to learn to live with yourself, as hard as that might sound.

Shhhhh, you're ruining everything! We can only call each other frienders to avoid looking like nerds!

The worst part is that I have like a thousand micro USB cords just lying around.

Poooor Aaron

like us

I'm still amazed I posted that picture of me. Even if I hid like 60% of my face cause I looked terrible.
so your gonna leave this forum 1-3 years from now?

Maybe, I don't know. I have only been here for like a month at this point so thats along way away

They say faggot alot. I know that doesn't mean anything because people use it in a totally different way at this point (even though they shouldn't) but it still scares me. Being alone is a fear of mine and I know I need to get over it and stop sounding like a child at times.

Xiraiya

I don't know what it is about me that I have a horribly hard time making friends with. But I just can't, I still have no idea how I made my current friends

That is baffling.

I've never really been a lonely person myself, I use to get tired of dealing with people really easily for the most part, and I just did and lived however I saw fit, not in any dramatic "I do what I want" kind of way, just in general. I like what I like, I am who I am and that's just how it is. I rather be me than anyone else, that kind of thing at times pissed off some people, but it was always for the best.

If you just live your life and not worry about how many friends you have or who likes you and who doesn't etc. You'll find over time that you'll pick up people along the way who are just fine with you being the way you are and those will be the only people you'll ever need.

That being said, part of growing as an individual is accepting and understanding changes you need to go through that help make you a better version of yourself, taking other people's thoughts into consideration at times is healthy, people are always one extreme or the other, caring too much what other people think and caring not at all in any way are both terrible ways to live from what I've seen.

They say faggot alot. I know that doesn't mean anything because people use it in a totally different way at this point (even though they shouldn't) but it still scares me. Being alone is a fear of mine and I know I need to get over it and stop sounding like a child at times.

That sounds a lot to me like them just being dumb, not necessarily homophobic. But eh, don't let us pressure you into anything, do it at your own pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom