• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Ghouls'N Ghosts (Wii U VC) |OT| Prepare To Die Edition

TcvccCN.jpg

The box that you're not getting with this download
Twj0jyM.jpg

Our hero.
D6lkvjy.gif

trailer - http://youtu.be/Mk0Kf7rhqmE
Release date - 05/16/13 (out now)
Price - $7.99
Wii VC Upgrade Price - $1.50

Wikipedia page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Ghouls'n_Ghosts

Miiverse Community - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073030310824/14866558073030310826

The asshole who took your woman.
lQuZ6c2.gif

Cheats
Level Select - Highlight ''Exit'' on the option screen with controller one. Hold L + Start on controller two and press Start on controller one.

Extra difficulty - Beat the game on normal mode to unlock professional mode

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
No WiiU to play it on but I'll be damned if my brother getting this and Final FIght for Xmas one year wasn't one of the best Christmases EVER.

I still remember the music and
dat sweet gold armor and powered up dagger combo
to this day.

Edit: If this came out on 3ds eshop I'd be all over this shit for $8.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I got the SNES US copy during vacations in UK, I grabbed it with an adapter to run it on my PAL console. I discovered it by luck in a small shop, I didn't even know at that time playing import games was possible on a Super Nintendo. One of my best gaming memories :)

Spent an hour on it yesterday, game still is as good as it is hard. Love it.

I guess I'm the only one who bought this. The game is not nearly as soul crushing with a save state feature. :)

I bought it, but I have been playing Super Metroid and I am currently trying to finish it before moving on to Super Ghouls n Ghost. I don't think I have ever beat SGNG in any of it's forms. I doubt save state will help, but who knows.

Cryo

Neo Member
Memories!
I've never been able to finish this game, because of that useless Goddess' Bracelet!

Weapon of choice: Knives!

oatmeal

Banned
I grabbed it. 1.50 with the upgrade.

No brainier for the save states. I still hate how it plays. When you are standing and jump, you can't move until you double jump or land on. The ground.

I never really played this game but I simply love it just for it's art direction. I remeber reading about this game in a club nintendo magazine back in the days and for me it looked just awesome (art-wise).

Time to give it a shot but I'm afraid of the legendary difficulty.

Margalis

Banned
On the Wii version I'm stuck on the last level.
On the second pass

Running out of time is my greatest enemy. So hard to make it through the entire level and beat the boss in time.

Jethro

On the Wii version I'm stuck on the last level.
On the second pass

Running out of time is my greatest enemy. So hard to make it through the entire level and beat the boss in time.

Yeah, the 'new' weapon is a pain in the ass, for the fight against the two big guys. I played through the level with normal weapons and collected the new one at the ghost part. So you can save a little time. I had around 2:14 left when I started the boss battle.

R0nn

Back in the day, I convinced my parents to buy this for me just based on the awesome boxart.

I also managed to finish this game once as a kid. I never realized how hard this game is considered to be until years later. I still remember being bummed about the 'ending' and then having to start all over again with harder levels.

Effect

I don't think I ever owned SGnG. I do remember playing it so I guess I must have rented it a number of times. Don't remember ever beating it either. Might just have to buy it this weekend.

Tadale

I picked up the SNES cart for this a few months back and played through it again.

It's not worth my $8 to risk breaking my Wii U pad.

Pydte

Enjoying this immensely on the Wii U Gamepad. Finally being able to play it in 60Hz is a joy!

I remember being pretty good at the Wii Virtual Console version, managing to complete the game twice. Now I can't get past the first level, lol. Time for some serious training. =)

Greenzxy

Very nice to see this coming early to the wii U VC. I've played all the mainline ghost and ghoul games and I think this and the psp one are my favorites.

Edit: oh wait, it's out now, awesome, I don't have a wii u though.

Nostalgia: I first saw this game running at the Future Entertainment Show in London, which I went to as a birthday treat with some friends because it had been trailed heavily in Total! magazine (lord). I was checking some shit out near the SNES pods then turned around and saw this insane sea level with stunning giant waves rocking between the foreground and background. I knew I had to have it. Took a year or so because in those days 'want' and 'get' were two completely different things. Anyway I used to beast at this game, although I'm not sure I properly beat it above one time.

I loved this game back when it come out. I was literally blown away by how good it looked at the time after being used to Ghouls and Ghosts on Megadrive.

I actually beat it without continues two times through with that special whipped cream weapon. I could never do that now though. Loved the music and the way it showed off the SNES unique mode 7 effects throughout the levels.

Seanspeed

Banned
Extra difficulty? lol

I never beat this game legit. Had a lot of fun playing it, but could only get to like the 3rd stage on a proper playthrough. Beat everything seperately at some point though, using cheats. Making it more difficult is just sadistic.

Jethro

The game isn't much harder on "Professional". I'm at the end of the first run so far no real problems. (of course thanks to savepoints)

The year is 2013. Enough of this BS. Why doesn't nintendo launch "Retro Club" or something and charge a monthly fee to play unlimited NES, SNES, Genesis, etc games?

Is that too modern? Too Netflix-y? Too PlaystationPlus-y?

Kacho

Prepare to create restore points is more like it. lol

Love this game and purchased it yesterday. Much like Ninja Gaiden - I am unable to finish these games without restore points. So flippin' brutal.

Playing this again makes me want Demons Crest. :D

The year is 2013. Enough of this BS. Why doesn't nintendo launch "Retro Club" or something and charge a monthly fee to play unlimited NES, SNES, Genesis, etc games?

Is that too modern? Too Netflix-y? Too PlaystationPlus-y?

They might be a little overpriced as they are now, but I prefer the current method of just paying for your games once and being done with it.

This game is perfect on the gamepad.

But holy cow is it hard. Like, wow. But it makes a good compliment to Super Metroid when you want to change up the pace.

Kyou

My Super Ghouls and Ghosts story:

My dad picked it up for me as a present for getting good grades in school from KB Toys. He brought it home, it was shrink wrapped, I opened it, and there was half a poptart in the box where the game goes.

eXistor

My Super Ghouls and Ghosts story:

My dad picked it up for me as a present for getting good grades in school from KB Toys. He brought it home, it was shrink wrapped, I opened it, and there was half a poptart in the box where the game goes.
What the...Like actual shrinkwrap or was it a joke from your dad?

Sojiro

Fucking love this game, difficulty and all. I don't think I ever beat it back in the day, but I went through the first play through a lot less effortlessly than I did back in the day. I also refuse to use save states, experience it the way it should be! :p

The second play through with the shit hole bracelet weapon is where the game starts kicking you in the nuts hard though, i'm up to level 6 currently, but that "weapon" is really making it rough, I miss my bow.

LakeEarth

Fucking love this game, difficulty and all. I don't think I ever beat it back in the day, but I went through the first play through a lot less effortlessly than I did back in the day. I also refuse to use save states, experience it the way it should be! :p

The second play through with the shit hole bracelet weapon is where the game starts kicking you in the nuts hard though, i'm up to level 6 currently, but that "weapon" is really making it rough, I miss my bow.

I accidentally picked up a weapon, and I watched in horror as my mega shit bracelet flew out of me and into a hole. Never showed up again.

Top Bottom