• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Wii U Edition |OT| Fashionably late

fernoca

wat
For inventory, you mean? While playing on OffTV, I suppose?
It works, yeah.
In that you can choose stuff, but you still need buttons.

Is more for those playing off-TV. When you touch the inventory, you still need to use buttons to move. But while playing, you can choose items you're carrying, by touching them.

While crafting, you can also choose things by touching them. And then touch the button/icon on case you don't want to press the actual button.

What some wanted, was a permanent inventory on the gamepad. Which I guess will be added, since you can enable or disable off-TV at any time, and when you disable it, it just displays the logo of the game. So, maybe they'll add inventory on that screen.

EDIT:
And yeah, load times are considerably faster than at least what I remember the other versions I played, a year or so ago.

adroit

How do you send a text message using a USB keyboard? Is that not actually supported? Is the keyboard support only for typing in stuff like world names?

I have a keyboard (the old official Logitech wireless USB keyboard made for the Wii) connected which works in Miiverse, etc.

atbigelow

What was the reasoning of it being a PS3/360 port

Reason being there's no difference between those or PS4/XBO versions when it comes to the engine. Still the same (if not slightly newer) codebase, just with some of the game settings turned down. Minecraft already has that stuff easily tweakable inside its engine.

It DOES have faster loading and a higher entity spawn cap. But again those are just things you'd expect from better hardware.

Yes, all lines are much smoother than 720p.
It's 720p, not 1080p.

adroit

I can't seem to create a creative world which doesn't have animals. The options for "mobs" are perma-checked. Ditto for day/night and weather. Can't uncheck them. Am I doing something wrong?

Effect

I can't seem to create a creative world which doesn't have animals. The options for "mobs" are perma-checked. Ditto for day/night and weather. Can't uncheck them. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you making sure host privileges are checked? I would imagine having that one would allowd you to mes with time and weather, as well as have pretty much full control over the world you create. I think it might be off by default.

bomblord1

Banned
I want to buy this to support the release but it's already behind and it's a little expensive when I already have the PC version :/

adroit

Me again (sorry).

Do buttons (redstone devices) in other Minecraft versions sometimes toggle back off much faster than they're supposed to? Because they're doing that in the Wii U version intermittently. I noticed it when I built a "T Flipflop L5" (from the gamepedia wiki) because if the button toggles on and off too quickly it causes the circuit to go into a feedback loop, fizzling out one of the redstone torches in the circuit.

Holding the ZL (Use) button on the GamePad longer when pressing the button seems to work around the problem.

MarkusRJR

Is it just me or is the raining sound totally broken? Tried two worlds now and each time rain will go from like max volume to almost nothing, changing every few seconds. Really obnoxious.

adroit

Is it just me or is the raining sound totally broken? Tried two worlds now and each time rain will go from like max volume to almost nothing, changing every few seconds. Really obnoxious.
Hmmm, I haven't noticed that yet. If it matters, I use headphones connected to the GamePad.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Finally unwrapped this after picking it up in January last time Best Buy had a Visa Checkout deal.

Im played throughout the tutorial but I haven't hit all the advanced stuff yet. Definitely a neat little game but I think it's almost a bit too big.

It also seems a bit lacking in structure. Outside of building homes and whatnot there doesn't really seem to be much to do. It could definitely use some Skyrim-Esque quests.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Are there supposed to be public servers or is everything on a friend basis?

When I move over to the "join" tab it's empty.

Top Bottom