• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Kokonoe

Banned
Mega_Mario_and_Co._Screenshot_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

This image is just so damned awesome.

What is with Peach's face? That looks off. Anyone got a pic of Peach's face without that lightning?

Blinck

I never owned a Nintendo console ( except for DS ), so the only 3D Mario I've played was at a friend's house - Mario Galaxy. And I loved the little that I played.
It's really odd for me not to have a Nintendo console since I just love these light-hearted platformers.

This is just to say that man....I can't believe how appealing this game is. Seriously. Looking at the videos, GIFS, and images...it's just so fucking delicious. These are the right words for this game. Fucking Delicious. That's how this game should be described. Looking at this stuff alone makes me want to buy a Wii U just so I can lick the fucking screen while playing this damn hot game.

Damn. Damn.

sorry if this post was weird.

Volotaire

I never owned a Nintendo console ( except for DS ), so the only 3D Mario I've played was at a friend's house - Mario Galaxy. And I loved the little that I played.
It's really odd for me not to have a Nintendo console since I just love these light-hearted platformers.

This is just to say that man....I can't believe how appealing this game is. Seriously. Looking at the videos, GIFS, and images...it's just so fucking delicious. These are the right words for this game. Fucking Delicious. That's how this game should be described. Looking at this stuff alone makes me want to buy a Wii U just so I can lick the fucking screen while playing this damn hot game.

Damn. Damn.

Not at all, I know exactly what you mean.

Kokonoe

Banned
F2P Mario

50 cents for Mushroom
2$ for Extra Life
5$ for Peach outfit for Mario (30 Days)
1$ Fire Flower
5$ level skip

D-e-f-

Banned

Damn. Damn.

Buy a Wii U New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U Bundle. Buy a Mario or Luigi Wii Remote Plus. Buy a Nunchuk. Buy Super Mario 3D World. Buy Super Mario Galaxy. Buy Super Mario Galaxy 2. Buy Super Mario World on Virtual Console (WiiU). Buy a Wii Classic Controller Pro. Buy Super Mario 64 on Virtual Console (Wii Mode). Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns. Rejoice. Welcome to gamer heaven.

japtor

I CANT WAIT! lot of people shit on Nintendo for not coming out with newer more modern IP's. When they have the hardware for those IP's they will happen and Wii U is that hardware. they had many new IP's that came on Wii but that just didnt have the hardware for graphical intense modern games. trust me on this... people are gonna be surprised E3 2014 what Nintendo shows.
Project HAMMER will be reborn as Wrecking Crew with the Wario brothers. It's new gameplay, it might as well be considered new IP!

(and by new gameplay I mean a spiritual successor to Blast Corps)
Her and toad seem to be rethinking some life choices.
"I wish I had beefy eyebrows so I could look angry"

Well at least Toad has wide enough lips to look displeased instead just out of it like Peach.

...and did Peach's hair in front always form a heart? It's like the FedEx logo all over again! And now Daisy looks like she has a giant mustache up there.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Buy a Wii U New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U Bundle. Buy a Mario or Luigi Wii Remote Plus. Buy a Nunchuk. Buy Super Mario 3D World. Buy Super Mario Galaxy. Buy Super Mario Galaxy 2. Buy Super Mario World on Virtual Console (WiiU). Buy a Wii Classic Controller Pro. Buy Super Mario 64 on Virtual Console (Wii Mode). Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns. Rejoice. Welcome to gamer heaven.

blimey do you plan to KILL him with all this awesome sauce

seriously; for a non-initiate, this could cause a dramatic quality overload

Blinck

Hnnnnnggg I'm so tempted !!!!! My wallet might get lighter this christmas.. :p

Village

"I wish I had beefy eyebrows so I could look angry"

Well at least Toad has wide enough lips to look displeased instead just out of it like Peach.

...and did Peach's hair in front always form a heart? It's like the FedEx logo all over again! And now Daisy looks like she has a giant mustache up there.

More like
Peach
" Where is my life going, I should have went with nice hylian boy in the green like mama said, but this is the life I have chosen. Stomping, constant kidnapping, invitations to deadly parties and Kumatei's, what am I doing here? I have no obligation to these sprite...pixie people, my kingdom could be being attacked right as we speak. Its being guarded by mushroom dwarfs, mushroom DWARFS! Why would I allow myself , royalty to have such a pathetic security team,. This is why I get kidnapped.What am I doing with my life? When I get back to the castle I am going to do some introspection."

Toad
" Did I leave the oven on"

Currygan

game currently 3rd on amazon.jp top ten, behind MGSV and Lightning Returns (lol)

I pray it means something

zroid

Banned
In ONM’s review of Super Mario 3D World, the magazine said, “Super Mario 3D World makes everyone else look like they had HD all wrong.” ONM also made note of the game’s high level of polish in each level. And for those concerned about post-game content, Super Mario 3D World apparently has quite a bit of it – as has been previously hinted.

Thats a bold statement.

щ(ºДºщ)

Currygan

sister is passing by with my ONM copy which she took from the mail yesreday while I wasn't at home

she's going to taste the whip

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
ibt116BKxQ3qBr.gif

Someone asked to make a gif of this so here it is. Was originally so much better but the size was enormous. I'm sure someone else can top it off.

On topic, glad to hear this game has got that post game content, was rather worried but after seeing that ONM review, my fears have been removed.

Can someone quote the portion of the Iwata Asks where the new game is mentioned?

I skimmed through it when it was first published, but I must have missed it.

It would be nice to see Koizumi on Zelda again, but the Zelda team still looks like they've got it if A Link Between Worlds is as good as the reviews suggest.

I know this isn't a Mario game, but, you know...Pikmin 3.

Pikmin 3.

when DLC is basically a whole new game with exact the same amount of content (levels are shorter but harder. take that as you will). its a yeah!

mcmmaster

Is anyone else bothered by that blue box that comes around the edges of the screen when players get too far apart from each other, it's driving me mad just watching these gameplay videos. I just know it's going to much more of a nuisance when I get the game

bart64

Banned
Is anyone else bothered by that blue box that comes around the edges of the screen when players get too far apart from each other, it's driving me mad just watching these gameplay videos. I just know it's going to much more of a nuisance when I get the game
I think the point is that you get bothered, you're leaving a man behind!

Just jumping in to agree with the deliciousness of the graphics. The objects had have this solid tangible feel you don't see in many HD games. Plus the music, wow--it's just really nice for a soundtrack to be taken this seriously, I wish more games would invest this much into music with world-class performances and variety.

EhoaVash

lol gonna be interesting to see which game sells more in japan Lightning returns or Mario ...then again Lightning returns is on a platform with 11 million more user base than the wii U

zroid

Banned
lol gonna be interesting to see which game sells more in japan Lightning returns or Mario ...then again Lightning returns is on a platform with 11 million more user base than the wii U

Sad to say, it'll probably be LR...

In the short term anyway -- Mario might have some decent legs and outsell it in a couple years

maxcriden

Just want to add Rayman Origins to this list!

Berordn

Okay, you guys are probably gonna hit me for asking this, but I went to Best Buy today, and all new Nintendo games are SIXTY dollars??!

Really?!

SIXTY?!

I mean, REALLY??!

Not all of them, but their big titles tend to be. Game and Wario was 40 when it came out and Wii Party U's probably only 50 dollars because it comes with the remote as a pack-in.

Gotta pay for those bigger dev teams somehow.

Draconian

Is anybody considering getting the Prima guide in the OP? I am thinking about it for the calendar and artwork, but am wondering whether or not I'm crazy.

Top Bottom