• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Lumyst

Seriously. Looking at the videos, GIFS, and images...it's just so fucking delicious. These are the right words for this game. Fucking Delicious. That's how this game should be described. Looking at this stuff alone makes me want to buy a Wii U just so I can lick the fucking screen while playing this damn hot game.

Aha, I saw a kind of "candy glaze" sheen to the 3D models too, things look like they're covered in a candy glaze.

You can just use a wiiremote or a Wii U pro controller to play the game I think. You should be able to boot into the game using a wiimote + sensor bar.

You only need the gamepad for levels that require it. Its been said that its a small portion of levels that require it.

So at the least, you can play until you need the gamepad for a level that needs to be beaten to advance.

Yes!!! This just made my day.

klier

Any differences between the gamepad and Wiimote? Will for instance the HUD be on the gamepad screen and not on the TV if I play with the pad?

I loved the way we played the Galaxy games. I am leaning towards Wiimote for controls, but what is the consensus on GAF? I have all possible controllers for Wii U..

D-e-f-

Banned
Any differences between the gamepad and Wiimote? Will for instance the HUD be on the gamepad screen and not on the TV if I play with the pad?

I loved the way we played the Galaxy games. I am leaning towards Wiimote for controls, but what is the consensus on GAF? I have all possible controllers for Wii U..

No. And what Zeer0id said.

japtor

One possible annoyance with the nunchuck+remote setup is that this game has a run button to hold down all the time.

Sorry if this has been asked already but does anyone know what the post game content is? Possibly similar to 3DLand's special worlds/second quest? (I hope)

zroid

Banned
ibnJywK8hK8pVN.gif

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Darryl

Banned
just a reminder for anyone who hasn't pre-ordered this yet. gamestop has a trade-in 2 select games and get a game for $10 bucks. some of the games on the list include older stuff like pokemon black 2 and white 2. if you got those titles to lose, it's a good way to get some money out of those because they're not worth a whole lot anymore. i personally bought them for $15 each awhile ago on some clearout so i'm set to profit.

between this and kayakgate giftcards from walmart i'm set to pickup both this and LBW for $30. :)

I hope this game does well. I mean it's Mario. NSMBU has like a 50% attach ratio.

If you own a wii u, and dont buy 3d world, you shouldnt have bought a wii u.

Thats how this game feels, haha.

I want to try to jump on the bills all the way over to the other train. That would be sick.

I see breakable boxes over on the other side. Maybe one of the more difficult to reach stamps is over there.

It was mentioned in iwata asks, that theyll be rare stamps, in the sense of difficulty to get them, for bragging rights. Or the ign video review? Either way, it was mentioned.

taybul

There's some concern whether amazon will actually ship these to people on release date. I seem to remember there being some "guaranteed delivery on release date" note on other preorder listings but it's not in this and Zelda ALBW. I'm guessing they've already hit capacity on the preorder supply on both games.

There's some concern whether amazon will actually ship these to people on release date. I seem to remember there being some "guaranteed delivery on release date" note on other preorder listings but it's not in this and Zelda ALBW. I'm guessing they've already hit capacity on the preorder supply on both games.

hmm, hope not. I preordered only a few days ago. Ill wait it out a couple more days.

Someone mentioned, they update the shipping estimate, when they actually recieve the game. iirc

So question is: Physical or Digital.

I'll be picking up the physical version of aLBW, but I bought the digital of 3D Land, so maybe I should do the same for that...

I thought this was funny to read, after seeing what we've seen now. From Amazon forums, in June...

im very bitter about this games existence. myself and a lot of other people were hoping for a brand new 3d mario along the lines of 64, sunshine and galaxy. ive never been so greatly disappointed in nintendo. ive been defending the wii u since launch and after watching the e3 nintendo direct i actually regret buying one :(

ib27fqkl6eOlm6.gif

I'm a 30 year old man and I'm freaking out and getting giddy thinking of the 22nd, like seriously a sugar rush every time I'm reminded of it, what's wrong with me

I'm a 30 year old man and I'm freaking out and getting giddy thinking of the 22nd, like seriously a sugar rush every time I'm reminded of it, what's wrong with me

I'm 32 years old, same here.
But Europe have to wait a week longer :(

I'm 33 and look like I should be on a football field somewhere, but I'll be playing 3D and posting screen shots in the browser thread all night come Nov. 22 :^)

Then I'm going to go to bed and play Zelda.

Nosgoroth

I'm 33 and look like I should be on a football field somewhere, but I'll be playing 3D and posting screen shots in the browser thread all night come Nov. 22 :^)

Then I'm going to go to bed and play Zelda.

I'm 29 and I'm going to be seething with rage come the 22nd because I live in Europe.

No, wait, I'll be playing Zelda.

Top Bottom