• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

kaiwing

I beat the game in 2007 getting all the stars except the purple ones. I finally got all 120 just a few minutes ago to get ready for the new games' release. How I hated Luigi's coins and the last purple coin! I ordered from Amazon but didn't pay for next day delivery so I'll be getting it a few days later. Just as well, it'll give me time to finish Lost Planet 2 and put a dent in Resonance of Fate.:lol

Doorman

Is anybody else getting a noticeable "Haters gonna Drill" impression from that Mario image in the OP?

Anyway, uh, HYPE. Like hell if I'm going to say no to more of my favorite franchise in gaming.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The Arashi ads have been helping Nintendo a lot, but I wonder if they'll be able to push Galaxy 2 close to as well as NSMBWii.

I hope so.

DMPrince said:
I started out playing SMG. felt boring until i got the bee suit! really enjoying it. Hopefully SMG2 just starts out with the action. Don't want to know that bowser kidnapped peach again :lol.

EDIT: game doesn't look pretty on an HDTV though :x

I game on a HDTV and SMG looks glorious. I would take it's visuals over pretty much any other game this gen on any console.

Kard8p3

justchris said:
I wish you hadn't said that. Now if it's not that, I'll be horribly disappointed.

I thought it was already confirmed that the 120 star reward wasn't a secret character at all.

RevoDS

I'm ashamed to admit I've never finished Super Mario Galaxy, even though I enjoyed what I've played a whole lot. I want to finish it over the summer, then bring on the sequel!

I'm listening to the soundtrack of the original at the moment though, and I completely forgot how awesome it is. One of the best soundtracks for anything, ever. Gusty Garden theme <3 <3 <3

Doorman

Kard8p3 said:
I thought it was already confirmed that the 120 star reward wasn't a secret character at all.
Supposedly, according to an IGN twitter if memory serves. And from what little I've read about some of the help systems in this game, I'm starting to wonder whether or not Rosalina truly appears at all. I still just have this feeling that I'm going to love the levels but always carry a bit of disappointment over the story. I know it's a Mario game and I shouldn't care, but it doesn't stop me from wishing for some variety, not necessarily depth or originality.

WillyFive

Platy said:
Page 5 ... so i guess it is time to ask again ....

Still no spoilers about what 120 stars unlocks ?

What I want is that they pull something like in the end of Super Mario World, but except in a much bigger scale.

Just when you think the game is over, it opens up, and it turns out you are only halfway there!

[Nintex]

yoopoo said:
Press kit comes with space food hoho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSKdttSbxL0
The unboxing stuff is something I never understood, do people really want to see how someone unboxes something? Just put up a picture of the space food and be done with it. No, he opened the box, took everything out then grabbed his camera and put everything back in the box(and actually made sure he didn't 'damage' the box) in order to make a video of him taking stuff out of a box.

Why the box should I care about a freaking box.

Johnas

So dude at Gamestop tells me this should be available for sale first thing Sunday morning (shipment arrives prior) for anybody wondering.

Really glad Nintendo picked Sunday, gives me a lot more time to play.

Super Mario Galaxy is probably my all-time favorite game. Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks like an improvement in every way. More lively, more variety, more challenge, less running across the obnoxious hub, and if I'm looking properly it seems that the visuals were given a little extra sheen in comparison to an already gorgeous game. Day one, for sure. I've only watched two trailers and couldn't be more satisfied with how little I've spoiled.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
I've eaten that space ice cream before. It actually tastes exactly like icecream. It's weird. :O

if I remember correctly, NASA took out the ice cream due to it getting poor reviews by the astronauts. they said it didn't taste like ice cream

I had the Ice Cream sandwhiches before.
All the flavor of cookies and icecream, but with the texture of Styrofoam!
Who could resist?

MisterHero

Thank goodness for space exploration and the invention of freeze-dried foods. :lol

I thought the space ice cream tasted like cookies lol

Empty

started a replay of galaxy 1 to prepare, i have enough time thanks to the horrible EU release date, and had forgotten just how strong the game starts out, well after the boring cutscene bits anyway. all the complaints about the beginning bits being too easy made me forget just how great the level design is even in the tutorial and good egg galaxy, brilliant use of the gravity ideas, a great range of small planetoids and it's so beautiful.

I've been pretty good about avoiding media for SMG2 game lately--it seems Nintendo wants to demonstrate every transformation before the game is released, but I already have the utmost confidence in EAD Tokyo. The hype train cometh, and I'm all aboard. I think I'll pop in SMG just to make sure that I got every star.

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

munch.gif

zigg

Regulus Tera said:
I'm anticipating this game's release by finishing my Luigi run of the original game.

I sincerely hope Luigi buys some cleats for this game. I almost bailed on the Dreadnought garbage bombing star due to that :D

So where the best place to buy this? I'm tempted to do Amazon with the $20 for later, but is there anywhere else offering something better?

When I was a kid, I always wanted to eat astronaut food that you squeeze out from a tube. I was so disappointed when they didn't include that in the SMG2 unpacking.

and lol @ Sega not being able to make a Sonic game remotely as good as this with way more powerful game consoles at its disposal.

Console power has no baring on the quality of a game.

Top Bottom