• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

J-Fr

Spork - 1D0b-0000-00F3-9989

Have fun if you are willing to play it!

I beat it
using the cheese

The level is way too long for an hard/expert/kaizo course..
I made it to the spinnies in 50 seconds, with no end or checkpoint in sight I opened the course in Editor mode and found the dev door.

You can easily break it into 3 sub levels.
One of my rule when designing very hard courses is to not go over the 50/60 seconds per section. So I can reliably upload it without dev doors and the players won't ask themselves "when does it end"?
Even the original Kaizo Mario World had pretty short sections.

Video

Here's a new level I made:

9C43-0000-00F3-A038

It's a moving platform level, with ParaKoopas, Piranhas, and three Bowsers blocking your way. It's moderately hard, but it can range from easy to super hard whether the Bowsers choose to troll you or not. There's plenty of Fire power to fight back, though.

Once I spammed the spine jumps to clear the screen it was a lot more manageable.
Bowser wasn't very kind!

Video

Trax Attacks! FFA1-0000-00EC-674A

and

Old School P'forming: 75C4-0000-00D9-5601 - This one is just a basic test of platforming skill, all set to a medium speed auto scroll. Lots of koopa hopping!

The kameks were adding a lot of difficulty.
Also I didn't understand if the yellow platforms were meant to be a security or an alternate path.

Old School P'forming was very good! It has a nice flow!

Video

Bydobob

I'm actually a little disappointed that only a couple people have figured out what to do after the four doors. It's truly not difficult, maybe just one of those silly moments where you'd just say " I guess that wasn't that hard."

I'm a little reluctant in revealing the secrets of the level, but I don't think anyone has achieved unlocking the first secret in the level. It's close to the beginning and it requires an advanced maneuver to get to. If someone were to figure out the first secret then they'd unlock almost all of the other secrets of the level.

But even without the secrets, the stage is still easily beaten, maybe just a bit intentionally tricky.

I understand the disappointment but I'd look at why so few people have worked the puzzle out. Is it as obvious as you think it is? Even if it is, I'd question the wisdom of having a slow-burn puzzle bring such an enjoyable, free flowing (and actually, easy) platformer to a crashing halt. The contrast feels a little unnatural.

I beat it
using the cheese

The level is way too long for an hard/expert/kaizo course..
I made it to the spinnies in 50 seconds, with no end or checkpoint in sight I opened the course in Editor mode and found the dev door.

You can easily break it into 3 sub levels.
One of my rule when designing very hard courses is to not go over the 50/60 seconds per section. So I can reliably upload it without dev doors and the players won't ask themselves "when does it end"?
Even the original Kaizo Mario World had pretty short sections.

Video

Thanks you for the advice. I've only just started to make the really difficult level type.
Plus I like the term 'dev door'

How about trying a better level that I made, it medium difficulty
(Depending of the route you take)
: 9F95-0000-00E7-ED29

Neki

Maybe you can be the one to finally complete one of my levels. All of them have zero percent completion rates, but I don't find them to be that hard. They are definitely all designed to purely test platforming/speedrunning skills, however. Especially Don't Stop, Get It Get It and Subterranean Sprint. The high road path of High Road/Low Road is the one to choose if you want a platforming challenge.

I played Subterranean Sprint and Don't Stop, Get it, Get it.

The first one, I just cheesed it by spin jumping on thowmps, if you intended that, then cool, otherwise, doing that is much easier than the actual level. The overworld is unnecessary and the music is unneeded too, it just makes it more irritating to play.

Don't Stop, Get it, Get it, is a stage that I beat but I didn't like much. Firstly, the difficulty is stated as a 3.5 but the clear rate is sub 1%, so I don't want to ever see a 5 stage from you lol, because you as the creator of the level have a skewed point of view on how easy it actually is. It's much harder than you imagine, because the level in my mind is pure trial and error. Some people like that, some people won't, but in 100 Mario, that's an automatic skip. The level doesn't challenge your ability to think on the fly or precision platform, the level just tests your ability to mimic how you intended the level to be beaten, meaning to beat it fairly, they must do everything you did with a very small margin of error. There's not enough time for you to evaluate the next hazard so you just die to it, then keep finding ways not to die there, which as a gameplay element in Mario I do not like, because when I beat the level, all I did was play the same exact way you did, with no room for creativity or error. It's well designed, but not a lot of people are gonna like it or try it.

You can also cheese it by not getting the shellmet and just spin jumping on the thwomps at the end.

If you like designing levels like this, more power to you, but expect less stars and a very low complete rate, because these levels really test your patience. It's really not a rail on you really, I just hate trial and error, so I'm just ranting again lol.

The first one, I just cheesed it by spin jumping on thowmps, if you intended that, then cool, otherwise, doing that is much easier than the actual level. The overworld is unnecessary and the music is unneeded too, it just makes it more irritating to play.

Don't Stop, Get it, Get it, is a stage that I beat but I didn't like much. Firstly, the difficulty is stated as a 3.5 but the clear rate is sub 1%, so I don't want to ever see a 5 stage from you lol, because you as the creator of the level have a skewed point of view on how easy it actually is. It's much harder than you imagine, because the level in my mind is pure trial and error. Some people like that, some people won't, but in 100 Mario, that's an automatic skip. The level doesn't challenge your ability to think on the fly or precision platform, the level just tests your ability to mimic how you intended the level to be beaten, meaning to beat it fairly, they must do everything you did with a very small margin of error. There's not enough time for you to evaluate the next hazard so you just die to it, then keep finding ways not to die there, which as a gameplay element in Mario I do not like, because when I beat the level, all I did was play the same exact way you did, with no room for creativity or error. It's well designed, but not a lot of people are gonna like it or try it.

You can also cheese it by not getting the shellmet and just spin jumping on the thwomps at the end.

If you like designing levels like this, more power to you, but expect less stars and a very low complete rate, because these levels really test your patience. It's really not a rail on you really, I just hate trial and error, so I'm just ranting again lol.

You pretty much summarized my opinion of the level. Except I don't actually think anything in it is hard. Its just flatout impossible to beat on your first (hell even 5th time). Its pure trial and error. If you're good at Mario you should be able to beat the level if you try enough. I would just never ever be inclined to do so.

Part of that is the design and part of that is Mario Maker doesn't actually reward players for beating low clear rate levels (which it should)

New Level!! :)

My 11th level and I went with an ice theme. All the talk about winter levels and holiday themes made me want to make another ice level. I tried to make it on the easier side (because I prefer if more than half the people that play my levels can actually clear them) but I really tried to run with the visual design and I think I accomplished my goal. I made another ice level (Ice Bridge to Eternity) that I used as a base but I added a lot of new visuals that weren't seen in that level. I'm quite happy with how it turned out and I love if you all gave it a try and posted some feedback. :)

Also there is a secret path like many of my levels have. Give it a try. I always like to be a little more adventurous when I make those since not everyonw will find them.

Snowy Tundra
ID: 862C-0000-00F5-57BA

0kx0xpB.jpg

ScOULaris

Yeah, I agree that style of level is a bit too limiting for most players. I'm gonna be making some more traditional levels soon.

The first level I ever made, Cannonball Conundrum, is by far my most accessible and traditional level. Feel free to check it out sometime. It was my first level, though, so it kind of lacks a cohesive theme.

Yeah, I agree that style of level is a bit too limiting for most players. I'm gonna be making some more traditional levels soon.

The first level I ever made, Cannonball Conundrum, is by far my most accessible and traditional level. Feel free to check it out sometime. It was my first level, though, so it kind of lacks a cohesive theme.

Don't worry, I put in the work to beat Don't Stop, Get It Get It, and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It was like trying to get that perfect time needed to beat the time attack trials in NSMBU, something you managed to translate pretty well to Mario Maker.

Gave you a genuine star. I rate the difficulty roughly 4 Castles & Koopas.

vikki

Gave you a genuine star. I rate the difficulty roughly 4 Castles & Koopas.

I am not familiar with this rating system. This is how many out of a possible Castle & Koopas?

I understand the disappointment but I'd look at why so few people have worked the puzzle out. Is it as obvious as you think it is? Even if it is, I'd question the wisdom of having a slow-burn puzzle bring such an enjoyable, free flowing (and actually, easy) platformer to a crashing halt. The contrast feels a little unnatural.

The thing is, I don't even consider it a puzzle. I'm aware of the the two problems, one being the bombs to the right with the pipe. I think players see it and think "I need to get in there, but how?" I'm thinking that revealing the answer after the player has gotten into one of the pipes may be the only thing to do. I just got an idea just now thinking about it. I appreciate the feedback. I did a lot of work on this level, so I want it to be fun.

I am not familiar with this rating system. This is how many out of a possible Castle & Koopas?

It's relative to 1 Castles & Koopas, so I'm saying it's about roughly 4x as hard as my hardest level.

Actually I should've just said 4x Castles & Koopas, that'd make more sense.

vikki

It's relative to 1 Castles & Koopas, so I'm saying it's about roughly 4x as hard as my hardest level.

Actually I should've just said 4x Castles & Koopas, that'd make more sense.

Yours must be a pretty difficult level still. I had one long ass level that I uploaded that had 0%. It was a pain in the ass and super long before the checkpoints. It wasn't as difficult as Don't Stop, but it was much longer with several difficult areas, like forcing the player to spin jump on spike shells floating in clouds. I don't think it was fun for anyone to play, unlike Don't Stop.

El Daniel

Maybe you can be the one to finally complete one of my levels. All of them have zero percent completion rates, but I don't find them to be that hard. They are definitely all designed to purely test platforming/speedrunning skills, however. Especially Don't Stop, Get It Get It and Subterranean Sprint. The high road path of High Road/Low Road is the one to choose if you want a platforming challenge.

I played and completed the SMW ones and I liked it! I really don't like NSMB so I'll be skipping those.

I finished Subterranean Sprint by spinning over the Thwomps, it was quite fun!
You have to time your spins very well to avoid the sawblades and the Bullet Bills.
The over-world part was a bit too long between every try (it's especially annoying with sound effects).

High Road/Low Road, I took the high road as it looked less cluttered!

Don't Stop, Get It Get It, I can't get past the Munchers.

In term of difficulty: Don't Stop, Get It Get It > Subterranean Sprint > High Road/Low Road.

I posted two levels with 0% clear rate last week: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185682854&postcount=16853
P Difficult - DF91-0000-00ED-C792, has a checkpoint and is not too hard.
Naufrage Extrème - F42B-0000-00BF-64EC, took me two hours to upload..

Yeah, that last one is really really hard indeed. I might give it another try tonight!

Simbabbad

Catching up with the feedback:

Cloudrush Castle: F5D7-0000-00E6-976F
Very, very good, obviously. The overabundance of powerups along with checkpoints mean you can just walk through some obstacles, though, but since your intention was to increase the completion rate, it's not an issue in itself.

Snake Platform Palace
Good level. The choice to use hard blocks and not cloud blocks creates interesting situations since the blocks "push" you. I loved the part with the Grinders and Chomps.
A few remarks: the part with the Goombas is sort of annoying since the pipes are very close to the rails. I understand why you put two Podoboos in the same column in some parts to create more challenge, but it just makes you wait more and breaks the pacing. And the homing Bullet Bills at the end would probably create a more open-ended pattern if they alternated instead of going by pairs.

Snowy Sky Lift Summit!

69B1-0000-00E7-B91F
Nice level. It looks good, has great concepts and scenes, cool secrets, I love the pacing in some parts, but to avoid going insane because of the 10 seconds sound loop, I had to mute the console very quickly. People, please, don't do that. Ever.

Also, some ice falling create some unfair deaths at times (not much of an issue thanks to the checkpoints, but still). The part near the end with the giant Wigglers is a bit long and sort of confusing, I didn't get what I was supposed to do with the leaf, so I just took a Spiky Shell (there to be theoretically used as hat) and launched it to kill all the Wigglers and trigger the vine. Not sure if that was intended.

Dark Mario: SuperBorne ID: 9F95-0000-00E7-ED29
It's OK but it feels really empty. There is not much personality in it, the obstacles create a fair and pleasant challenge, but it all feels bare and disjointed. I still gave it a star because there wasn't any actual issue and it was nice.

Title - P_ramide
ID - B185-0000-00E3-3114

Title - P DIfficult
ID - DF91-0000-00ED-C792
Completed P_ramide, but I didn't understand the part with the switches and the out of reach exit. I chose to just wall jump on the spikes and take a hit. The Thwomps making fishes fall at the end don't feel fair at this point in the stage. The level on the whole would need more polish and identity IMO.

P DIfficult... I didn't get it.

Monster's Ice Mountain :
9580-0000-00EA-35CB
Weird level. I kept platforming at the top and reached the end while feeling I skipped 75% of the level. I reached the first (?) checkpoint nearly immediately after I started.

Flick of the P-Switch
(B7A6-0000-00E6-104C)
A bit short and simple, but that was fun!

Wasn't sure what to make next, so I played around with some enemies and put some things on screen... then I became sure what I wanted to make.

Waving At Others - (5018-0000-00F7-6DBE)

Going back to much more straightforward level layouts and straight up avoiding dangerous hitboxes, this is a very back to basics level for me and doesn't require many sorts of obscure or advanced mechanics, just quick movement.

Whats up!

I have yet another level. I have to site a reference for this level, this level had ideas from Koji Igarashi's level Beelzebub (ID: 77BA-0000-00C2-4BF0).

This level is medium difficulty. I has a lot of little details, and lore hidden within the level (It's dumb I know).

The enemies you're fighting are called Zeppelins.

Dilapidated Zeppelin Lair ID: C760-0000-00F8-2712

Thank you for playing!

ScOULaris

Edit: Made a small edit to remove an easy exploit to skip the whole level. The code in this post now reflects the most recent version.

Decided to make a new level today based on some of the constructive criticism that I received in this thread for my past levels. This one is still challenging but much more accessible than my other stuff. I made sure to place a checkpoint right where most people would want a breather, and I gave the player more room for different approaches than I did with my more speedrun-focused levels prior.

V10WnIW.png

Level: Buzzy Beetle Bounding
Code: BF9A-0000-00F8-834D
Difficulty: 3.5/5 (really this time)

• An airborne SMW adventure in which you must ride flying Buzzy Beetles while navigating around obstacles
  • Power-ups before and after the checkpoint to cut the player some slack
  • A hidden alternate path through the level
  • Designed to be tackled either slowly and methodically or speedrun by more intrepid veterans
If you end up liking it, feel free to check out my other levels below:

Just uploaded my latest level. It's a very quick, slightly challenging speedrun level. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Knq7O1S.png

Level: Subterranean Sprint
Code: 5663-0000-00EE-4931
Difficulty: 3/5

Oh, and here's one that I made the other day but forgot to post about it in here. There are two paths through the level. The higher one is more focused on tricky jumps and environmental hazards, and the lower is all about dealing with swarms of enemies.

Level: High Road/Low Road
Code: 600E-0000-00E9-F965
Difficulty: 4.5/5
Edit: Re-uploaded with a new code after changing a few small things.

Just finished up my third level, and I think it's definitely my best work thus far.

ZbFil7A.png

Level: Don't Stop, Get It Get It
Code: 0BCA-0000-00EC-567F
Difficulty: 3.5/5

• Gotta go fast! Stopping even for a second means failure to finish the stage.
  • Catch up with the beetle shell racing on the platform above you while dodging obstacles below.
  • Short, but sweet. The level is as long as the editor allows for, but the fact that you are constantly running with no stopping makes it breeze by. No checkpoint needed.
  • Clean design with no annoying, unfair quirks. Enemies are kept to a minimum in favor of forcing you to find the optimal path through carefully placed hazards.

Alright. I'm back with my second published level so far, and I've gotta warn ya... it's a bastard. I went nearly insane trying to beat this before it could be uploaded.

1QZGt9P.png

Level: Bowser Junior's Pesky Palace
Code: FE2D-0000-00E3-249A
Difficulty: 5/5 (to me, at least)

• Bowser Jr. has constructed a series of devilish puzzle rooms from which you must escape.
  • As you attempt to reach the exit door of each room you'll have to deal with Bowser Jr. generally being an asshole and doing everything in his power to interrupt your progress.
  • Make it out of the gauntlet and get a chance to exact revenge on your captor.
  • Keep an eye out for ice blocks. They signify hidden objects.
  • Power-ups are scarce and hidden, but they can make the difference between dying for the 30th time in the same room or finally progressing onward.
  • There are hidden paths that allow you to skip over entire sections of the level.
  • Don't get discouraged. The level is split in half with a checkpoint in the middle.
  • When in doubt, search the room for hidden boxes.
If you want something a little less rage-inducing, feel free to check out my first level.

3uFdkyr.png

Level: Cannonball Conundrum
Code: 6118-0000-00D6-C830
Difficulty: 4/5

• Good old-fashioned run n' jump level for seasoned players.
  • Constructed so that you can speedrun through the entire level without stopping.
  • Power-ups and other secrets hidden around to allow people who are less skilled with platforming to progress.
  • Short and sweet. No checkpoint needed.

Whats up!

I have yet another level. I have to site a reference for this level, this level had ideas from Koji Igarashi's level Beelzebub (ID: 77BA-0000-00C2-4BF0).

This level is medium difficulty. I has a lot of little details, and lore hidden within the level (It's dumb I know).

The enemies you're fighting are called Zeppelins.

Thank you for playing!
Hmm, it was an okay level. I am guessing it is more for the lore than for the actual game play. With that said, my biggest problem is that the sound effects used detracted from the level, since, well... the techno and samba sound effects are so overdone in many levels and very distracting.

Decided to make a new level today based on some of the constructive criticism that I received in this thread for my past levels. This one is still challenging but much more accessible than my other stuff. I made sure to place a checkpoint right where most people would want a breather, and I gave the player more room for different approaches than I did with my more speedrun-focused levels prior.

Code: C573-0000-00F8-3999
An airborne SMW adventure in which you must ride flying Buzzy Beetles while navigating around obstacles
Power-ups before and after the checkpoint to cut the player some slack
A hidden alternate path through the level
Designed to be tackled either slowly and methodically or speedrun by more intrepid veterans
If you end up liking it, feel free to check out my other levels below:
Just played this. The 'dev' cheese was obvious after I died once (a death that was my fault, btw). :p

ScOULaris

Usually refers to a way at the start to beat a level easily. I'm guessing this is the hidden path you mentioned but I rode up to the top of the level using a beetle and was able to skip the entire level that way.
Hah. Honestly that possibility somehow eluded me while designing the level. Now I feel like an idiot.

ScOULaris

Alright, that exploit was unintended and all too easy for people to discover. A friend of mine who played the level beat it the same way, so it was clear to me that it had to be fixed. I've re-uploaded it and updated the code in the original post. I suppose it's technically still possible to utilize the exploit, but it's harder to stumble upon now.

V10WnIW.png

Code: BF9A-0000-00F8-834D

• An airborne SMW adventure in which you must ride flying Buzzy Beetles while navigating around obstacles
  • Power-ups before and after the checkpoint to cut the player some slack
  • A hidden alternate path through the level
  • Designed to be tackled either slowly and methodically or speedrun by more intrepid veterans

jholmes

Hello peeps! I've been off on an administration-suggested one-month sabbatical but I'm back, and I have a new level! This one's made special for GameCenter CX fans, but anyone who just wants a level to play can certainly check it out!

WVW69ii3dXEmqfk_yO

Arino's Familiar Challenge (1F1F-0000-00D8-249D) is inspired by highlights from the show's Super Mario episodes, so some of the stage's elements might seem familiar to hardcore Mario fans.

My new(-ish) level aside, it's been a month since I popped by, so if anyone has any stages they really think I should check out, feel free to let me know!

I made another level, its kinda short. Has ~4 secrets.
Duck [MEDIUM]
ID:876E-0000-00F5-ACC8
CUYHu69UEAQ5bEN.jpg:large

Hi Sera. I played your level and starred it. It's definitely what people would call a trial-and-error level, but personally I don't mind that. Be aware though that a lot of people on GAF will get on you for that :) Anyway, I feel like the secrets were will hidden and fun to uncover. I found two one-ups in the level, so I think I did everything or most everything. Good hazards too, I liked the Goomba pipes that receded further into the wall each time. Nice work.

I'll post two more levels here for you (and others on GAF to try).

First one was made by my wife:

7eQtJDB.jpg

Name: Curious Adventure
Description: Really fun level with lots of variety that makes you think and tests your reflexes.

This one is from me:

B0WxbxY.jpg

Name: Pow Block Gardens (99 Coins)
Description: GAF told me to stop making so many difficult levels, so I lightened up and made this easy collect-a-thon. Getting to the end is pretty simple, but the real challenge is finishing with exactly 99 coins.

Have fun!!

Alright, that exploit was unintended and all too easy for people to discover. A friend of mine who played the level beat it the same way, so it was clear to me that it had to be fixed. I've re-uploaded it and updated the code in the original post. I suppose it's technically still possible to utilize the exploit, but it's harder to stumble upon now.
I decided to beat the level legitimately this time.

The level wasn't too hard (I still died quite a few times), but I didn't feel like either speedrunning or playing carefully were viable. The area with
the Thwomp above note springs and the river of moving hitboxes at the bottom
effectively kills both styles of play, I think.

correojon

Strangely, one of my oldest levels was suddenly getting a lot of players, so I have updated it with checkpoints. As it was part of an unfinished trilogy, I also updated the second part and finished the last part of the trilogy, so I proudly present to you:
Dry Bone´s Disposal Center Trilogy
1.2: 273B-0000-00F4-BD06
VIGBG5h.png

What happens to all the enemies and items Mario leaves behind when he rushes through a level? Enter Drybone´s Disposal Center and find the horrible truth..if you dare!
This one focuses on moving walls and Grinders, with some cool challenges and lots of powerups to make your journey easier.

2.2: 9CAA-0000-00F4-C7A7
HdaLuYK.png

The soul extraction devices seen in 1.2 have left Mario shivering, but he must go deeper into the Disposal Center....what terrors await him there? mario will do anything necessary to stop this nightmare.
This one revolves around moving Grinder-walls and features a final boss. Again, there are lots of powerups so it´s easier than it seems and there are secrets everywhere along the way.

3.1: 085D-0000-00F4-DA36
ZYu5uMm.png

Mario successfully detonated the bomb in 2.2 and now he must find a way out of this unholy place. But maybe he still hasn´t seen the true objective of the Disposal Center...will Mario be able to escape alive?
The end of the trilogy, where you can finally see the result of the operations performed in the Disposal Center. This one focuses on moving Grinders and has a nice autoscroll bossfight.

Hope you enjoy them!

The level flowed better than last time I played it, it felt much less cramped, but I was even more confused. Arrows and paths everywhere. There is also a place I got stuck in (I left a comment), I lost my Spiky Hat to a Spike Top that came from off-screen when I jumped, and there was no way out. There are way too many Spike Tops IMO, four or more crawling on the same wall or two on little platforms is way too much, especially since you can get stuck or have to loop when you lose your powerup. I also decided to just take a hit on the Fire Bar platforms looping, I waited for the right moment to jump, but it was way too spaced out. I did finish the level, though, I didn't die much.

You should really fill the empty areas with ground blocks (or semi-solid platform background if you got out of blocks) and not leave them empty and black, it'd really help readability. The enemies or items blocked into walls also aren't helping, they're too numerous and confuse things IMO.
I´m sorry you got stuck, I thought I gave enough time to unlock the Helmet Dispenser before the Spike Top could become a threat, I may redo that part to force the player to get through the dispenser and make the Spiketop take another path.
The enemies trapped in walls are necessary as they are accessible through secret paths, so they aren´t merely decorative. The items blocked in the wall are a hint to what you need to do, I wasn´t sure of including them as they may help some people or totally throw off others...You´re the first one to mention them, and in a bad way, so I guess they aren´t necessary. I´ll also take a look at the arrows to see which ones can create confusion or aren´t necessary, but I think some of them will need to stay as people seem to be having trouble with the twsited layout the first times, specially with the reversible corridor.
The semisolid backgrounds are a nice idea, I already tried it and found that it made everything even more confusing IMO, though I´ll give it another try.
I´ll look with more perspective at this level after some time, you have provided great feedback on things I should be reconsidering. Thanks a lot!

I was able to find your post (because really I prefer to do it that way).
I follow you on SMM so I usually know when you post new stuffs :p
There's some kinks to iron here and there (I posted a screnshot of the place I had to die because I was stuck).
Otherwise I like it a lot, it's like an hardcore version of the 2 paths tree level you did.
The boss was carefully crafted that I can tell!
But only 2 or 3 tries and then you can't succeed is a bit harsh I feel >.<
I rise throught the forest and descended with the Kuribo shoe, I'll have to try the level again....
It will wash the horrible taste of the crappy level I ended up playing in 100Marios
Thanks a lot for following, for the feedback and for all the Miiverse comments! :D
I saw where you "got stuck" but I won´t be changing that. I mean, you can see everything long before voluntarily jumping between the Piranha Plant and the One-Way Door and is something totally out of the main path, so I think it´s the player´s fault if he gets there. Also, he doesn´t get really stuck as the Piranha plant there will kill him. Besides, that part is necessary to allow the player to recover the Fire Flower easily if he lost it on the way down.
I limited the attempts at the boss because you have a checkpoint right before him and giving unlimited powerups would have made the fight pointless, so this way at least there´s some challenge, even though it can be easily cheesed.
I´ll try your level and record a video ;)

BTW, I´ve played some 100 Mario Expert and...god that´s awful. Easy is horrible but you get some levels where the creator at least tried to make something enjoyable. Normal is much better and you can find some cool levels evey now and then. But Expert is truly disgusting. When I found the 3rd level in a row that required me to do a leap of faith which of course I missed because I didn´t guess where the target platform was I decided to quit. Crap everywhere indeed. GAF levels are truly in another league.

PSA: I´ll be recording some gameplay today, if you want in quote the list and add your level at the end:
  • Junior's Coup D'état (B8F8-0000-00F6-E173) by vikki (I think this is the latest version)
  • Forest Canyon (33EB-0000-00F0-9216) by Mael

J-Fr

I watched your videos last week. The P-switch stage looks fun. I could see myself getting really frustrated on Naufrage.

Yeah, that last one is really really hard indeed. I might give it another try tonight!

Haha yes, this one takes a lot of practice! Took me at least 80 lives to get to halfway, but if time wasn't against me could have happily lost double that to get the job done. Didn't see any X's after the first section though, are people really that impatient?

It's a very well designed level overall. Took a long time working out the momentum needed to clear each part consistently, but it was extremely rewarding once I got the hang of it. The Spiketops are surprisingly forgiving if you don't land perfectly, mitigating the sense of frustration somewhat. You also change up how they're used so the sections feel distinct from one another. I particularly liked how they swap rails and speed up on their descent, it's a neat trick I hadn't thought of using before. Pretty, uncluttered looking level too.

Thank you for the perseverance!
When I first uploaded the course I could consistently clear the first two sections but I had to train in the editor for the latter half of the level.

I will try to upload another version with a midway checkpoint.

How about trying a better level that I made, it medium difficulty
(Depending of the route you take)
: 9F95-0000-00E7-ED29

I will try it later today.

Completed P_ramide, but I didn't understand the part with the switches and the out of reach exit. I chose to just wall jump on the spikes and take a hit. The Thwomps making fishes fall at the end don't feel fair at this point in the stage. The level on the whole would need more polish and identity IMO.

P DIfficult... I didn't get it.

You are right, I'm never really inspired by the NSMB theme.
As for the out of reach exit, you have to stack the P Switches. You can either walk on them to access the secret room or jump on them to access the exit.

P Difficult use the same mechanism.

Simbabbad

I´m sorry you got stuck, I thought I gave enough time to unlock the Helmet Dispenser before the Spike Top could become a threat, I may redo that part to force the player to get through the dispenser and make the Spiketop take another path.
The enemies trapped in walls are necessary as they are accessible through secret paths, so they aren´t merely decorative. The items blocked in the wall are a hint to what you need to do, I wasn´t sure of including them as they may help some people or totally throw off others...You´re the first one to mention them, and in a bad way, so I guess they aren´t necessary. I´ll also take a look at the arrows to see which ones can create confusion or aren´t necessary, but I think some of them will need to stay as people seem to be having trouble with the twsited layout the first times, specially with the reversible corridor.
When I mentioned the enemies trapped in walls, I was talking about the ones walled off in ground blocks, like the items. I understood the intention, but since it's not linear it doesn't really help IMO. Making those paths accessible only if you have the right item (hard blocks for the Spiky Hat, high tunnels for the winged boot) would work better than labelling them IMO, I'm not even sure some players will understand they're labels. There are levels in which labels work because they're "stretched" with huge ground areas, but here it's too busy.

For the part where I got stuck, why don't you make solid blocks under the door? It's because I collected those coins I got stuck, and it's not a way out, it's a way in (I think)?

The semisolid backgrounds are a nice idea, I already tried it and found that it made everything even more confusing IMO, though I´ll give it another try.
It depends, for example it works pretty well in my Ridley level I think. I don't have a screenshot, but you can see on the level card how it's made, on the preview: it's made with semisolid platforms surrounded by ground blocks, visually it really looks like ground.

Super%2BMario%2BMaker%2BStage%2B%2528niveau%2Bou%2Blevel%2529%2BMetroid%2BResurgence%2B-%2BRidley.png

BTW, I´ve played some 100 Mario Expert and...god that´s awful. Easy is horrible but you get some levels where the creator at least tried to make something enjoyable. Normal is much better and you can find some cool levels evey now and then. But Expert is truly disgusting. When I found the 3rd level in a row that required me to do a leap of faith which of course I missed because I didn´t guess where the target platform was I decided to quit. Crap everywhere indeed. GAF levels are truly in another league.
My advice: in Expert, pause as you start the level and look at the star/visits ratio, and skip everything but the levels with barely any visit or the ones with an acceptable ratio.

As for the out of reach exit, you have to stack the P Switches. You can either walk on them to access the secret room or jump on them to access the exit.
Don't they disappear right as you get on them?

correojon

When I mentioned the enemies trapped in walls, I was talking about the ones walled off in ground blocks, like the items. I understood the intention, but since it's not linear it doesn't really help IMO. Making those paths accessible only if you have the right item (hard blocks for the Spiky Hat, high tunnels for the winged boot) would work better than labelling them IMO, I'm not even sure some players will understand they're labels. There are levels in which labels work because they're "stretched" with huge ground areas, but here it's too busy.
I think I trapped the items mainly because the first Shoe dispenser (the one on the left that requires the helmet) wasn´t visible when you were coming back from getting the helmet, so it was easy to skip and make the player go in a loop. The Boot doesn´t have wings, so I can´t use high tunnels and they won´t fit anyway. In that room there are 3 paths so every inch of space is precious.

For the part where I got stuck, why don't you make solid blocks under the door? It's because I collected those coins I got stuck, and it's not a way out, it's a way in (I think)?
That´s the thing about that corridor: the door works both as a way out and as a way in, it depends on if you take first the top path or the bottom one. The coins are there so when you exit you can´t get back in and must go through the path you didn´t take originally, but in reverse. It´s the best way I could think of pushing the player forward so he didn´t get lost. Also, as a personal challenge I did it without using One-Directional Gates. Try playing the level and go first through the top path. Then die (so you respawn at the checkpoint) and now try the bottom path, you´ll see how it works and why everything there seems more convoluted than it should...everything had to be designed and balanced so it could be taken in different directions and with different powerups.

It depends, for example it works pretty well in my Ridley level I think. I don't have a screenshot, but you can see on the level card how it's made, on the preview: it's made with semisolid platforms surrounded by ground blocks, visually it really looks like ground.

Super%2BMario%2BMaker%2BStage%2B%2528niveau%2Bou%2Blevel%2529%2BMetroid%2BResurgence%2B-%2BRidley.png
Yeah, it depends a lot on the theme and elements being used. I´ll give it a look.
BTW, which level should I play after Kraid? I´m going to record some levels today, so I´ll do one of yours if you want.

My advice: in Expert, pause as you start the level and look at the star/visits ratio, and skip everything but the levels with barely any visit or the ones with an acceptable ratio.
You still loose a life doing that, right? I skipped LOTS of levels, not because they were hard, but because they were awful. I think I had around 65 lives left and had only beaten 4 or 5 levels X(. Anyway, it´s a good tip, I´ll put it use. What ratio are we talking about? 4%?

You still loose a life doing that, right?
I'm pretty sure as long as you are standing on the ground when you skip a level it doesn't take a life from you.

Speaking of Expert, I just unlocked Sonic beating it today. I feel obligated to do something with this.

Simbabbad

I think I trapped the items mainly because the first Shoe dispenser (the one on the left that requires the helmet) wasn´t visible when you were coming back from getting the helmet, so it was easy to skip and make the player go in a loop. The Boot doesn´t have wings, so I can´t use high tunnels and they won´t fit anyway. In that room there are 3 paths so every inch of space is precious.
You can use munchers? Munchers/spikes on the floor=boot to me.

That´s the thing about that corridor: the door works both as a way out and as a way in, it depends on if you take first the top path or the bottom one. The coins are there so when you exit you can´t get back in and must go through the path you didn´t take originally, but in reverse. It´s the best way I could think of pushing the player forward so he didn´t get lost. Also, as a personal challenge I did it without using One-Directional Gates. Try playing the level and go first through the top path. Then die (so you respawn at the checkpoint) and now try the bottom path, you´ll see how it works and why everything there seems more convoluted than it should...everything had to be designed and balanced so it could be taken in different directions and with different powerups.
I see. You can't leave enemies in that stick the player in some place when they get hit, though...

Yeah, it depends a lot on the theme and elements being used. I´ll give it a look.
BTW, which level should I play after Kraid? I´m going to record some levels today, so I´ll do one of yours if you want.
After Kraid it's Ridley then Tourian, but I'll upload a new version of Metroid Resurgence that iron a few things out after I'm done (soon) with Old School Super Mario, so it's better you wait a bit. Thanks!

You still loose a life doing that, right? I skipped LOTS of levels, not because they were hard, but because they were awful. I think I had around 65 lives left and had only beaten 4 or 5 levels X(. Anyway, it´s a good tip, I´ll put it use. What ratio are we talking about? 4%?
No, when you skip you don't lose lives, thanks God. For stars, let's say that when a level with 40 visits has 10 stars, it's really worth a shot, that's a good level.

My level Sawblade Walker (C7F1-0000-00E6-01C6) won the Level Of The Week #9 Contest on /r/MarioMaker with the Theme "Factory". Made my day.
Well deserved.

I've been away from this game for a while, but I'm back and I made a 7-4 course.

Pesca 7-4: A6C7-0000-00F9-7EAB

Only 4 more courses to go and I'm all done.

Now I've gotta hit up Course World and see what the people I followed have been up to.

vikki

You have a small windows to jump/spin jump off them, the timing might be a bit harder than trampolines and music blocks.
(Strangely enough I can jump off a P Switch more readily than a trampoline/music block.)

An example.

Same for me, just beat P-Difficult. Hardest part was really the beginning and the thwomp area. There is an extra level of difficulty for conditioned Mario players. We're so used to holding the run button down that, for me at least, I end up grabbing the p-block instead of jumping off of it.

I did realize that it was easier for me to double P-jump at the start of the level instead of placing the blocks on both spikes. I placed the first P on the spikes then jump with the second P of of the P placed on the spikes. Just before the top of the jump, I would drop the P I was holding and was able to trigger the P and get an the jump off of the airborne P. One time I was actually able to hit the first P perfectly where I didn't even need to use a second P to make it into the platform. My guess is it was a fluke, pixel perfect jump. Anyway, it was a fun challenge.

Strangely, one of my oldest levels was suddenly getting a lot of players, so I have updated it with checkpoints. As it was part of an unfinished trilogy, I also updated the second part and finished the last part of the trilogy, so I proudly present to you:
Dry Bone´s Disposal Center Trilogy
1.2: 273B-0000-00F4-BD06

I had a lot of fun with this dry bones level. I look forward to playing the other two bones levels tonight.

Hello peeps! I've been off on an administration-suggested one-month sabbatical but I'm back, and I have a new level! This one's made special for GameCenter CX fans, but anyone who just wants a level to play can certainly check it out!

WVW69ii3dXEmqfk_yO

Arino's Familiar Challenge (1F1F-0000-00D8-249D) is inspired by highlights from the show's Super Mario episodes, so some of the stage's elements might seem familiar to hardcore Mario fans.

My new(-ish) level aside, it's been a month since I popped by, so if anyone has any stages they really think I should check out, feel free to let me know!

A harder-than-expected classic level. I really like the Arino suit. Not much else to say except maybe the Kameks pose as an interesting threat in this level.

Thank you for playing!

This is a strange level, some cool ideas, kind of short, a cool pipe section. I think I really like pipe sections, there is something about enemies coming from everywhere and that sense of caution and urgency. I say keep at it, strange can be good sometimes.

Wasn't sure what to make next, so I played around with some enemies and put some things on screen... then I became sure what I wanted to make.

Waving At Others - (5018-0000-00F7-6DBE)

Going back to much more straightforward level layouts and straight up avoiding dangerous hitboxes, this is a very back to basics level for me and doesn't require many sorts of obscure or advanced mechanics, just quick movement.

Short and intense. I like the idea of having to think fast, using the blue skullride, but if the puzzles are too hard in that short time allotted for the player to figure out, then it'll turn into a trial and error really quickly. The only part I think needed a little longer to figure out was that first jump from the skulls onto the treadmill with the winged caterpillar and the buzz saw where the player must wait for the skull platform to come back around. I'd like to see this type of stage expanded on.

Mael

Weird level. I kept platforming at the top and reached the end while feeling I skipped 75% of the level. I reached the first (?) checkpoint nearly immediately after I started.

The top path is the easy path, you can indeed reach the 1rst checkpoint and bypassa bit of platforming.
At the start there's a platforming challenge with the ice block, it's a bit tricky that's why it lets you skip most of the level that way.

Thanks a lot for following, for the feedback and for all the Miiverse comments! :D
I saw where you "got stuck" but I won´t be changing that. I mean, you can see everything long before voluntarily jumping between the Piranha Plant and the One-Way Door and is something totally out of the main path, so I think it´s the player´s fault if he gets there. Also, he doesn´t get really stuck as the Piranha plant there will kill him. Besides, that part is necessary to allow the player to recover the Fire Flower easily if he lost it on the way down.
I limited the attempts at the boss because you have a checkpoint right before him and giving unlimited powerups would have made the fight pointless, so this way at least there´s some challenge, even though it can be easily cheesed.
I´ll try your level and record a video ;)

Ok made sense, it's not really stuck if you can die I guess. I felt like it was punishing the player for exploring but the level have obvious paths anyway.
the boss was fair and square and rewarding to beat, not something easy to do in SMM :p

I don't know what happens, but sometimes you have hard but fair and other times you end up with crappy "lol you didn't guess you were supposed to jump on this invisible block ". frustrating to say the least.
PSA: I´ll be recording some gameplay today, if you want in quote the list and add your level at the end:
  • Junior's Coup D'état (B8F8-0000-00F6-E173) by vikki (I think this is the latest version)
    [*]Labyrinth (7D88-0000-00F9-8AA1) by Mael

Awesome! I took the liberty of adding myself there.

Thanks everyone, I finally have 50 stars!
A thank you level :
Labyrinth : 7D88-0000-00F9-8AA1
WVW69imPgkAVNjLkjQ

Short and intense. I like the idea of having to think fast, using the blue skullride, but if the puzzles are too hard in that short time allotted for the player to figure out, then it'll turn into a trial and error really quickly. The only part I think needed a little longer to figure out was that first jump from the skulls onto the treadmill with the winged caterpillar and the buzz saw where the player must wait for the skull platform to come back around. I'd like to see this type of stage expanded on.
The last time I expanded on a stage it ended up worse than the previous one, I tend to not let my stages overstay their welcome (only one of my stages is an exception to this).

I didn't really intend for anything in the stage to be a puzzle, just a test of reaction and movement. That part you mentioned where you had to wait, I let you be able to wait it out if you mess it up the first time but you can do it on the first go.

CrisKre

Got a new level for you guys to try! Would love some feedback!!

RUINS.jpg

Ruins of the thousand flames!

7167-0000-00F9-844B

WVW69imPUT8DZ49bxh

Mario ventures into the timeworn ruins of a sacred temple in search of some of its treaseures to face the evil that lurks within!

With this one I tried a few things. Firstly I tried to accomplish a distinct visual identity with the New Super Mario Bros. U theme, which admittedly is not my favorite. Im very very happy with the results on that front.

Gameplaywise, its probably a tad more challenging than my latest levels, but focused on dynamic gameplay with multiple power ups to get progressively and a bunch of secrets. I took special care to make every power up obtainable, not only by the obvious progressive means, but also in alternative manners if players put in the effort and determination. I also took a lot of time to have fun propeller suit sections, since its a very unique power up and one I hadn´t used before. Other than that, I tried and hope achieved to make every section of the level fun in its own right. There is many ways to play and finish the level.

Here is a short video of the start:

https://youtu.be/q4otBUDA2hw

Hope you guys like it!! I will play some levels of this last page when I return from work and would appreciate feedback

CrisKre

• Ruins of the thousand flames! (7167-0000-00F9-844B) by Criskre

Added Correjon!

vikki

The last time I expanded on a stage it ended up worse than the previous one, I tend to not let my stages overstay their welcome (only one of my stages is an exception to this).

I didn't really intend for anything in the stage to be a puzzle, just a test of reaction and movement. That part you mentioned where you had to wait, I let you be able to wait it out if you mess it up the first time but you can do it on the first go.

Puzzle is the wrong word. It's just the obstacles in that area. I thought it was pretty cool that the caterpillar was pretty much jumping in place because of the conveyer platform.

Puzzle is the wrong word. It's just the obstacles in that area. I thought it was pretty cool that the caterpillar was pretty much jumping in place because of the conveyer platform.

Yeah. That was an idea I always had with Jumping Koopas before the game came out but I never got around to doing it until now where a jumping Wiggler actually seems to pull it off.

EDIT: Didn't realize correojon was recording today

Junior's Coup D'état (B8F8-0000-00F6-E173) by vikki (I think this is the latest version)
Forest Canyon (33EB-0000-00F0-9216) by Mael
Ruins of the thousand flames! (7167-0000-00F9-844B) by Criskre
Waving at Others (5018-0000-00F7-6DBE)

Simbabbad

New level!

The third chapter of Old School Super Mario has been published today: Old School Super Mario (Outpost)

Super%2BMario%2BMaker%2BStage%2B%2528niveau%2Bou%2Blevel%2529%2BOld%2BSchool%2BSuper%2BMario%2B%2528Outpost%2529.png

The concept of Old School Super Mario is to translate the logic, visual style and gameplay mechanics of the original Super Mario Bros. game to Super Mario Maker despite the huge differences in physics, scrolling management, "rebound on enemies" mechanics, etc. Like the previous two levels, Old School Super Mario (Outpost) "fuses" together different level archetypes from the original game to create a new "classic level". Here, the levels I took inspiration from are from the end of the game, 8-3 in particular (but not only). Again, like in the previous levels, emphasis has been put on player improvisation and the possibility to try different play styles: whereas most Super Mario Maker levels are about following one precise solution, my levels try to keep with the Nintendo "playground" tradition. No checkpoint (none needed). Progressive powerups like in the original game.

The sequel and final chapter of the series (a castle, obviously) has parts of it designed already, but I'll wait for feedback on the "Outpost" level to be sure I won't have to edit it before publishing the sequel.

You can check my other levels in:

- My (French) blog
- SUPER MARIO MAKER BOOKMARK

----

Feedback time:

Mario's Silly Makeshift Cars
EEE6-0000-00ED-41A2
Great concept, but it has issues. In the first segment, when the "car" goes on conveyor belts, it divides itself in two, and since your attention is really focused elsewhere, it generates unfair deaths. In the second segment, I didn't get how to avoid getting hit by the flying Spinies, they're so close to the player you just have to take a hit. And in the third segment, the car goes very fast, but when Mario jumps, the speed of the car doesn't translate to him, so you're left behind every time you jump, it's unintuitive, you have to know the level by heart beforehand to stay on it.

Shiveringly Frozen Cold Manor!

6A1C-0000-00EF-2E97
As said on Miiverse, absolutely superb, but you knew that already, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered making a beautiful custom poster about it.

It looks awesome, and your ability to create universes astonishes me. The clock part is genius: the way Chomps are sometimes used as pendulum, sometimes as mad cuckoos is brilliant, it all works beautifully and naturally and never feels forced. The gameplay is likewise very natural, like a Castlevania game but better (I never was too much into Castlevania). Bravo.

Name: Defeat the Razor Fleet
Code: C486-0000-00EE-73A8
I'm usually not into that sort of level, it felt disjointed and I didn't get what I was supposed to do at the conveyor belt + pipe part... but I liked it. Its length is appropriate. I didn't finish it though, I died at the very end and didn't feel like trying again. It'd be really good with a bit of polish and world consistency/better presentation.

Here's my latest creation:

Make Way for Yoshi!
(9661-0000-00EE-3475)
At first I was "uh?" (didn't read the description) then I got the concept, and my Mario vs. Donkey Kong mental patterns kicked in. I finished and commented it, it was really fun, perfectly executed. It got me thinking, but no part stuck me or felt unfair. Retrying was always without frustration. Challenge, visibility and flow were perfect. Well done.

Slinky [MEDIUM]
ID: 7F23-0000-00EE-E585
Tons of unfair hits everywhere.
I found Yoshi and got underground, but the lack of direction and unfair hits made me quit.

I just uploaded a new level:
Biomechanical Tower
E302-0000-00EF-4CDB
You should really try to make levels that are more straightforward, because I spent my time wondering if I was heading the right way or not, and wondering if I was stuck or not.

I made it to the first checkpoint, confused if I was heading the right way or not, then wondered if I got stuck (at the place where I left a Miiverse message, feel free to delete it since I now know I wasn't). Then, while fiddling, I got to the spike/P-switch thing that confused me before, and got back that way, wondering if I was supposed to do that, until a passage with grinders was so tight I lost my boot. Then, without my boot I was basically screwed, so I committed suicide, tried again, lost my boot at the exact same spot, and gave up.

I'm afraid I sort of agree with KooopaKid. Also, the sequences are so similar you wonder if you're looping.

The thing is, all this feels unnecessary. The challenge while climbing is fine, but going back doesn't feel natural and doesn't bring much to the level. Why do you absolutely want to put a "clever" spin on what would be a perfectly good challenge without those circumvolutions? I mean, Dimentios/Gilder has levels which have you revisit earlier parts with a new spin, making you say: "aaaah, that's clever", but you're not confused during the main part, and the second part feels also straightforward and natural, it's just a bonus. Here, the level would be much better IMO without the "going back" part.

Got a new level for you guys to try! Would love some feedback!!
Wow. Do you make those awesome posters just for the levels, or are you using already made art?

JC Sera

Hi Sera. I played your level and starred it. It's definitely what people would call a trial-and-error level, but personally I don't mind that. Be aware though that a lot of people on GAF will get on you for that :) Anyway, I feel like the secrets were will hidden and fun to uncover. I found two one-ups in the level, so I think I did everything or most everything. Good hazards too, I liked the Goomba pipes that receded further into the wall each time. Nice work.

I'll post two more levels here for you (and others on GAF to try).

First one was made by my wife:

7eQtJDB.jpg

Name: Curious Adventure
Description: Really fun level with lots of variety that makes you think and tests your reflexes.

This one is from me:

B0WxbxY.jpg

Name: Pow Block Gardens (99 Coins)
Description: GAF told me to stop making so many difficult levels, so I lightened up and made this easy collect-a-thon. Getting to the end is pretty simple, but the real challenge is finishing with exactly 99 coins.

Have fun!!
thanks this means a lot to me :)

Simbabbad

More feedback.

1. Muncher's Munition
(DC86-0000-00DD-AE2D)

1. A Tribute to the Past
(5B9E-0000-00D6-E4C0)
Muncher's Munition - Really not into the die & retry part with the very fast scrolling, you can't foresee anything. What was before was fine.
A Tribute to the Past - It was really fun and well made until
the part where you have to push giant bombs on a jumping Mucher to destroy hard blocks under Bullet Bill launchers. The block at the further right is really hard to destroy, and mostly, freaking Bowser spits fireballs at you while you try to do it. You die over and over again, and it's extremely tedious to redo everything until you get there to die again very quickly.
No idea if this is intended, it seems out of place compared to the rest.

Amiibo Arcade

CBAA-0000-00D5-1A7C
Varied, fun and humorous level! I really enjoyed it!

Updated version to this level I posted last week. Hopefully it's not as confusing as it was before.

Junior's Coup D'etat
20DD-0000-00F1-9048

I'd still like to know what you guys think.
I think you should update your posts when you update your level and its code :p this is the second time I try your code/level, and the code is obsolete.

Winter Breeze - (DF5F-0000-00F2-C68F)
I'm usually not into artificially creating themes, but the tools you use to create the illusion of snow work really well. It IS very easy, though, there's barely any actual obstacle.

Ice Bridge To Eternity
C01F-0000-0059-2F20
Very nice and relaxing level indeed! Only thing is, I died because of an invisible block around the vine (tried to avoid fire bullets from Piranha Plants). Not a serious issue, though.

Disagree. I love SMB3 visually. Also it has the best flight power up of the 3 types. Cape is broken and propeller is pure garbage. It also has my fav music out of all the other styles. Just needs athletic theme to bw complete.
I still don't understand why the NSMB style is NSMBU yet they chose NSMBW's inferior/uninteresting propeller powerup instead of the best Mario powerup ever, NSMBU's squirrel suit. All the levels that could have been...

Kebiinu

Banned
Just logged in to see I achieved a new medal! I'm now at 813 stars total and climbing. I'd like to thank NeoGaf for all the love.

I'm getting back into the game after a short hiatus, expect a great stage soon!

Top Bottom