• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

How do I get better with Ness and or Pikachu?

Hmm. I'm not too good with either of those two, but I'll give you some tips I've seen other folks give!

Ness: F-Smash reflects projectiles at double their original speed. Take advantage of it! Hitting yourself with PK Thunder causes a long ranged tackle. This move, known as PK Thunder2 is a risky, but satisfying KO move. Just watch your aim; there's no recovering if you fly off the stage! PK Fire is great for damage racking, but watch for reflectors! PK Flash is powerful, but slow. Release B just before it hits the floor for maximum power! Finally, PK Magnet absorbs projectiles, but ONLY energy-based ones. For example, Fox/Falco's lasers, Samus's charge shot, etc.

Pikachu: Take advantage of your speed and small size to avoid danger! Thunder Jolt is a useful projectile, but requires floor space to be effective. It can crawl up any wall for a limited distance! Skull Bash is a handy charged attack. It's also good for horizontal recovery! Quick Attack doesn't deal much knockback, but its range makes it good for recovery or chasing foes! Finally, Thunder deals extra damage if it hits Pikachu himself. Also, if you hit an airborne foe with the cloud itself, they'll be spiked downwards!

As i said, I'm not too good with those two, but I hope this helps!

Ike and Roy seem pretty popular, apparently. Ike is by far the most popular male character in the FE series.

Also maybe they should consider not adding the latest shiny character from FE next game and just add Lyn, since she's the most popular female Fire Emblem character (beating Lucina at #2).

PK Gaming

Ike and Roy seem pretty popular, apparently. Ike is by far the most popular male character in the FE series.

Also maybe they should consider not adding the latest shiny character from FE next game and just add Lyn, since she's the most popular female Fire Emblem character (beating Lucina at #2).

Forget Lyn, add Hector

If we're using the polls to justify stuff they should swap female corrin to the default because she curb-stomped the male version so hard he barely made it on the top 20, they can start by just putting her on her own as the header title to make up for how it's just been the male all this time :p

They should do that even without a poll. It's pretty obvious she's more popular than her male counterpart.

Yup, doesn't stop IS in Fire Emblem Heroes making male Corrin a 5 star summon with a special intro animation while you can't draw her higher than 4 stars and with no special animation when you get her though. I'm getting to the point where I honestly think they will steadfastly refuse to acknowledge they bet on the wrong horse for the corrins :/

PtM

Banned
Yup, doesn't stop IS in Fire Emblem Heroes making male Corrin a 5 star summon with a special intro animation while you can't draw her higher than 4 stars and with no special animation when you get her though. I'm getting to the point where I honestly think they will steadfastly refuse to acknowledge they bet on the wrong horse for the corrins :/
Oooooh, conspiracies!
They just don't care, male is default, le fin.

NeonZ

Oooooh, conspiracies!
They just don't care, male is default, le fin.

You're basically saying the same thing though. The issue here is that they're sticking with the initial design decision even though it doesn't make sense from a commercial point of view when it's obvious female Corrin is significantly more popular than the male version.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I feel I should remind you that despite what the polls say, the Corrin amiibo will be of the male default form even if their female form was the only one to rank.

Zubz

Banned
How do I get better with Ness and or Pikachu?

regarding pikachu, without any idea how good you are, i have a couple tips:

learn how to autocancel short-hop down-air so that you land smoothly instead of doing the landing hitbox. so many people assume that it's safe to run at you after a missed dair when you can do this, but you can then easily hit them with a tilt.

forward-air is not an approach option.
forward air is not an approach option.
forward air is not an approach option.
if you run at somebody and forward air, the move will almost always be shielded, and lead to you getting grabbed immediately. don't try to start a combo against somebody standing on the ground with fair.

Toa Axis

Someone made a cool Lucina moveset mod here.

Kinda makes me wish she was more like this in the actual game. Just look at that crazy spinning aerial move she has in this video.
Definitely neat, but it's a bit over animated. There's a lack of clarity in terms of which type of attack is which, and knowing, at a glance, which attack does what is important in fighting games.

Neat concept though, and I would definitely like Lucina to be a bit different than Marth.

Edit: Oh and hi SmashGAF :3

Well well well.

213lfpU.png

I think it's safe to say that Breath of the Wild is most likely the most important Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. This makes me wonder how it will be represented in the next Smash Bros.

A stage and a couple trophies. A half ass "inspired" recolor for Twilight Princess Zelda.

Until Zelda, Link and Ganondorf appear in the same game with a consistent style that can easily translate to Smash, and be applied to Sheik, they'll probably remain Twilight Princess styled.

PK Gaming

Well well well.

213lfpU.png

I think it's safe to say that Breath of the Wild is most likely the most important Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. This makes me wonder how it will be represented in the next Smash Bros.

Ideally we'd get a new Link; one with a moveset incorporating various weapons, ala Firion from Dissidia. This Link would go along with the old one, and more or less be a different character.

In practice, we'll get the same old TP Link.

BotW Link who fights with the exact same toolset as standard Link

Yes I still can't believe they messed up Toon Link, in general I was just thinking yesterday how gosh dang BORING the Zelda character movesets are, especially after you play a single character in Hyrule Warriors where even one shot characters nail it.

BotW Link who fights with the exact same toolset as standard Link

Yes I still can't believe they messed up Toon Link, in general I was just thinking yesterday how gosh dang BORING the Zelda character movesets are, especially after you play a single character in Hyrule Warriors where even one shot characters nail it.

Hyrule Warriors is a fantastic love letter to the Zelda series. It makes smash's inclusions look very weak by comparison to me, especially with the bizarre insistence on sticking to twilight princess as the main look and no full alts for any other representations of the characters :/ Also, HW Shiek is best looking sheik :p

Well well well.

213lfpU.png

it's so clooooooooossseeee

Really makes me wonder if we'll get anything else from it for the Switch version aside from the rumored Mii costume.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
with the source of the Smash Switch rumors being false on other stuff, I guess we're back to 0?

Top Bottom