• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

Note mine but,
BxjmH0SCYAABGFG.jpg

I see layton as more of a sword fighter, honestly. Pretty sure he fights with one in a game's cutscene.

I'll remember Ice Climbers for their sacrifice, but Smash on the go is way too good to pass up.

The roster of this game is also fantastic. So many long time requested characters, surprises and unique play styles.

Ice Climbers won't be forgotten, they just have to sit this one out. If Doc gave us anything, it's hope that old characters can still return even if they were cut once.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Isn't that Mimicutie in disguise?

Maybe some Smash Run enemies are ATs in the Wii U Version?

Golnei

Note mine but,
BxjmH0SCYAABGFG.jpg

but where is sword

Maybe they could have did something crazy like have them be 8-bit on the 3DS, but full modeled on the Wii U with the 8-bit as a alt skin.

I wonder how plausible this would have been as a way to conserve memory. There wouldn't have been any gameplay differences, after all, and many characters have some notable stylistic differences between the versions, such as Toon Link's hair, Link's face and the 2D mouths.

Also I guess I want to ask, is food considered a Tomodachi item? The images are from that game as far as I can tell, it seems they fully adopted the item as a Tomodachi Life item, but does the trophy reflect that?

In fairness, none of the non-playable series have trophy categories, unlike in Brawl. Stuff from Tomodachi Life and Find Mii are in the "Other" category and have no icon.

Oh, in that case, ok, it makes sense. But it's totally a Tomodachi item now

Also
ZT92s7Y.png

Best characters + skins

(that app doesn't let you pick Miis, but Mii sword fighter would be there too)

beanman25

just lost 5 straight to a spammy ganondorf. All he did was grab my neck over and over.

I have no idea how to combat something like that. I know it's sad, maybe I should sit back and be patient?

Pretty much the characters that I'm interested in playing in Smash 4.
ibd5MxPinKFRTn.PNG

There's so many interesting characters that I don't know who to main!
Well Samus will always be my first choice as a main. <3

People need to chill out about Ice Climbers. Nintendo's floated the trial balloon for DLC with Mario Kart 8, they'll do character DLC for Smash Bros on Wii U. Why not Ice Climbers at that point? The work is already done.

It's gonna happen.

Made a list of the companies in the credits and what there's credited for
Arzest -Yoshi's New Island
Asosbism- Freakyforms
Camelot - Mario Tennis/Golf?
Curve - Fluidity Spin Cycle
Good-Feel - Mii Force
Grezzo- Flower Town
Grounding -Sakura Samurai
KeysFactory - Ketzal Corridors
Koei Tecmo - Spirit Camera + Other M
Monster Games - Excitebike World Rally, Pilotwings Resort, DKC 3D
Next Level - Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Omiya soft - Culdcept
ParityBit -Calciobit
Prope - Monster Manor
Q-Games- Star Fox
Red Entertainment - Fossil Fighters, FE:A
Retro -DKCR3D and MK7
skip- Chibi Robo
Spike Chunsoft - Warrior's Way, Fossil Fighters Frontier
syn sophia - Style Savvy?
TOSE - Starfy
Treasure - Sin & Punishment
Vanpool - Dillon
Vitei - Steel Diver

Syn Sophia is the only one truly unaccounted for at this point

Neiteio

There are so many characters I want to learn to main this time around it's crazy.

http://apps.warchamp7.com/smash/roster/#
Awesome app. I'm in the same situation where I'm overwhelmed by all of the characters I want to main. Here's my lineup, with top priority to the top row:

ssb-mainlineup01j5u94.png

Some notes:

- I was a Bowser and Mr. G&W main in Melee and Brawl, so it's fitting I maintain that here, especially with the buffs to Bowser.
- Bowser Jr. is a dream-come-true character for me, with the classic Clown Car and all seven of the Koopalings included.
- I loved R.O.B. in Brawl, and I was thrilled by Chibo's performance in the NJ Invitational this past weekend. Looks killer!
- Duck Hunt's trap-setting ability is INSANE. I also love the retro references, and the dog and duck are so cute together. :-3
- Pac-Man looks like a blast to play, with his kicks and stomps, and his ability to zip around with his pellet-eating side special.
- I loved Sonic in Brawl, and he looks nicely buffed here. So does Yoshi. Check out this great Sonic vs. Yoshi set.
- Charizard was another character I loved in Brawl, and now he has a slick new side special and super-armor on Rock Smash.
- Greninja has looked like a lot of fun to play ever since his reveal trailer. Shadow Sneak looks like a brilliant bit of trickery.
- D1 really illustrated Palutena's potential on his stream last night. She's also my favorite female Nintendo character.
- Shulk looks like he'll have real potential once someone learns how to manage the buffs/debuffs of his Monado Arts.

I prefer the default color/models, but here's the alternate lineup (although Mr. G&W stays the same):

ssb-mainlineup02sacj4.png

leroidys

Same here. I had no idea the Ice Climbers were so popular until I joined GAF. I played them in Melee but I'm not upset they missed the cut this time.

I don't care all that much about the actual fighter, but the fact that the game was so constrained by the 3DS is what gets me.

If they hadn't made a 3DS version (or hadn't insisted on roster parity), we might have pokemon trainer, a more fleshed out Olimar, Wonderful 101 rep, Chorus Kids, or Ice Climbers on Wii U.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is where I'm at right now. Top are the characters I'm considering the most.

dGxRJSj.jpg

ZSS was my Brawl main and I really like how she is looking in Smash 4.

Captain Falcon was my 64 main and I used him a lot in Melee. Hated how he was gimped in Brawl but he looks to be back, and that would be awesome.

Marth was my Melee main and I used him in Brawl. Lucina is looking better so far, so she is in the higher spot.

Mario feels soooo good in the demo and he's always been fun to play as. I prefer the Doctor variant due to no FLUDD and some of the other changes. Plus dat black coat.

The others are mostly just characters I'm curious about. I was really interested in Shulk but after seeing him in action I've cooled on him. He looks too slow and the Monado arts don't look as interesting as I'd hoped. Likewise, I think Little Mac might be a little too one dimensional. Falco is a character I've never really played before but I'd like to try, and Marth could maybe replace Lucina depending on how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom