• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

jorgejjvr

Wow wario is pretty good, and that bike and bite is crazy

And I get you Boney. Last one for me. Need a break too lol

GGs everyone. Love the king of the hill type games

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Wario. The best.

I was getting a few Bowser Edge Bomb kills so I can't complain.

That Little Mac Smash Attack/KO Punch cheese though.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
How come you don't write here while we play?

My system is in the basement. My Laptop is not. My Laptop has a crap battery so it is on life support via AC so it's like a a crap PC.

2nd I can't post on NeoGAF and play Smash at the same time through the Gamepad.

And I'm much too lazy to use my phone to post.

Still the Aerial Klaw > Bowser Bomb was working!

jorgejjvr

My system is in the basement. My Laptop is not. My Laptop has a crap battery so it is on life support via AC so it's like a a crap PC.

2nd I can't post on NeoGAF and play Smash at the same time through the Gamepad.

And I'm much too lazy to use my phone to post.

Still the Aerial Klaw > Bowser Bomb was working!
OH okay I see. I use my phone. Anyways, really happy about my streak

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
OH okay I see. I use my phone. Anyways, really happy about my streak

If KO Punch wasn't a thing you wouldn't have any streak to begin with I assure you.

Also I miss the Wector.

But I love the fake outs with the Wario Bike.

I have my "Go to kick Jorge's ass" character.

I feel bad for Olimar though.

jorgejjvr

If KO Punch wasn't a thing you wouldn't have any streak to begin with I assure you.

Also I miss the Wector.

But I love the fake outs with the Wario Bike.

I have my "Go to kick Jorge's ass" character.

I feel bad for Olimar though.
Ahhh I only got a couple of KO punches. I can win without using it man, I wouldn't mind doing matches without pressing b and using it, but I don't feel like I have to prove myself more than I've already done. I only use it because obviously it's part of the character, but hey, next time I play you no ko punch :) then you can blame it on something else :p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ahhh I only got a couple of KO punches. I can win without using it man, I wouldn't mind doing matches without pressing b and using it, but I don't feel like I have to prove myself more than I've already done. I only use it because obviously it's part of the character, but hey, next time I play you no ko punch :) then you can blame it on something else :p

Nah. Use what you have to. If I get hit by it, it's my fault. Just like you getting killed by a Yolo Wario Waft. It happens.

Unlike Boney I won't ever rage quit. Playing Ganondorf since Brawl does that to you.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Anyway, AbyssWolf finally made Smash 4 art.

smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png

URL: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Smash4-510801485

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Still battles are mostly close. However next time we fight how are you about using customs? I would like to use Dash Slash on Bowser sometime.

Match 6 due in ranbats tomorrow.

Good thing I've got that covered. :D Only one more and my fraudulent self is done for the season. :)

Yo Shamrock, I understand you've got a killer Pac-Man. Any tips? I've been trying him out and he seems like a lot of fun, but I struggle against characters that get in quick like ZSS, Sheik, and Mac to name a few. Most of my kills come from apple bullshit and dsmash shenanigans. :/

EDIT: How in the fuck have I posted nearly 900 times what the hell does gaf do to people

Boney

Banned
I'm back for some more beating in case anyone wants to play.

Nah. Use what you have to. If I get hit by it, it's my fault. Just like you getting killed by a Yolo Wario Waft. It happens.

Unlike Boney I won't ever rage quit. Playing Ganondorf since Brawl does that to you.
I wasn't rage quitting it was a mistake >.>

Nabster92

Got bracket raped so bad by the noob that was running our pool. :(

After getting byes my first two rounds to DQs I played sky and lost a match I could have won. Was planning to go through losers after that and play him again in losers finals, but then I find the guy running the pool DQed Dabuz in his first round even though he was sitting right in front of him and didn't call for his match properly. So then I played some other guy that said I was supposed to play him while Dabuz and sky and the guy running the pool were trying to have the bracket disputed for him being dumb. Turns out I wasn't even supposed to play that guy because the guy running the pool managed to screw up even basic coordination of his already fucked up bracket and since they couldn't reverse things in the bracket, I had to play Dabuz next in the losers bracket.

So guess I was jinxed by the mention of Dabuz being my last match. :/

Nabster92

U-um, I didn't mean it, honest! :O

As penance, when you get back I'll let you destroy me 1v1 if you want, because real talk that is shitty.

Do you know how the rest of the Sm4sh tourney is being run in comparison? And was Dabuz a nice guy?

Couldn't really judge dabuz's personality because he was sick and couldn't speak. I think most things are running relatively smoothly.

Boney

Banned
Got bracket raped so bad by the noob that was running our pool. :(

After getting byes my first two rounds to DQs I played sky and lost a match I could have won. Was planning to go through losers after that and play him again in losers finals, but then I find the guy running the pool DQed Dabuz in his first round even though he was sitting right in front of him and didn't call for his match properly. So then I played some other guy that said I was supposed to play him while Dabuz and sky and the guy running the pool were trying to have the bracket disputed for him being dumb. Turns out I wasn't even supposed to play that guy because the guy running the pool managed to screw up even basic coordination of his already fucked up bracket and since they couldn't reverse things in the bracket, I had to play Dabuz next in the losers bracket.

So guess I was jinxed by the mention of Dabuz being my last match. :/
I'm sorry about what happened, did the screw up say anything at least?
That's gotta suck but hey at least you put up a good show

He's a toughy for Bowser to face.
Can't say I have had issues against Rob. You just need to use his down B against him.

Also, FYI, I discovered that Bowser's fair will catch Megaman's metal blade.

If Little Mac has KO punch, stall until it goes away. With Bowser, I recommend Fire Breath, and then hopping off the ledge. Between the two, Little Mac usually loses his KO punch. Really, though, I consider the KO punch kind of a reward for Little Mac surviving for so long. Bowser is 100% capable of killing him consistently before the KO punch activates. You have a kind of responsibility to gimp him consistently so you don't have to deal with it in the first place. Not that I'm always successful in that endeavor, but I strive to be.

Couldn't really judge dabuz's personality because he was sick and couldn't speak. I think most things are running relatively smoothly.

Apex flu is real, I'm thinking. How was his play?

Also also are you having fun? :3 I feel like I should at least ask something that doesn't sound like a demand.

Hey hey, is anyone else at Apex for that matter?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I need to start using Charizard more I think. Just because like Bowser he is a lizard. And playable lizards are great.

---------

Has Apex had any great Bowser/Ganon/Charizard's?

I need to start using Charizard more I think. Just because like Bowser he is a lizard. And playable lizards are great.

---------

Has Apex had any great Bowser/Ganon/Charizard's?
There was one Ganondorf, but he wasn't anything fantastic. I fell asleep for about 4 hours, so who knows what was missed. :p

I think Charizard is probably better than Bowser.

jorgejjvr

Can't say I have had issues against Rob. You just need to use his down B against him.

Also, FYI, I discovered that Bowser's fair will catch Megaman's metal blade.

If Little Mac has KO punch, stall until it goes away. With Bowser, I recommend Fire Breath, and then hopping off the ledge. Between the two, Little Mac usually loses his KO punch. Really, though, I consider the KO punch kind of a reward for Little Mac surviving for so long. Bowser is 100% capable of killing him consistently before the KO punch activates. You have a kind of responsibility to gimp him consistently so you don't have to deal with it in the first place. Not that I'm always successful in that endeavor, but I strive to be.
I need to play you

Down to play now?

Boney

Banned
Good matches. It sucks my skill level really lowers when I'm not playing samus, so against bad match ups I'm really screwed.
That last match was pretty tense right until the end. Whiffed those down tilts. Oh well good ddd you punished some good stuff and that wario bite oh god so annoying.

Nabster92

Apex flu is real, I'm thinking. How was his play?

Also also are you having fun? :3 I feel like I should at least ask something that doesn't sound like a demand.

Hey hey, is anyone else at Apex for that matter?

Yea it's been fun for sure. Lots of room for friendlies going on and such. It really doesn't even feel all that rushed despite losing a day. Though I think there's some round 2 doubles that's gonna go on during salty suite which kinda sucks for them. I got bopped pretty badly by Dabuz but not sure how much of that was just disappointment in the bracket and not being warned up too much with all the DQs. He was really good at punishing any openings I had though.

Edit: also the venue is definitely amazing, but one downside is there's like no hearing any game sounds with how loud it is from the normal setups. Also they should have had more chairs at the stations. They only had enough for singles matches to happen on all 4 setups per station so doubles just used 2 setups instead of 4 per station.

Great! I've seen you a bunch in this thread, I'm surprised we haven't played!

My NNID is BlackMage.

I'll add you, and have a room up in a sec!

Aww dang it, someone beat me to it! lol, what am I saying I'm too sick to play anyway. :p

Holy crap, they're talking about Dabuz's situation on stream now. Sky clearing things up, can you confirm Nabster?

Top Bottom