• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want that to be our first legitimately remade stage, but it's probably something entirely different. Either that or a successor in the form of Temple 2 - triple the size, with teleporting Thunderbird, Dark Link and Carock stage hazards appearing every fifteen seconds.

not like this

lol

KHlover

Banned
Hold on.

zlCfzSkIwo0B0jojcr

What stage are Toon Link and Charizard on? Is that Temple?

Return of the GOAT

Well, on the down side, this pretty much de-confirms a stage hazard switch.

Have we seen Pilotwings' Omega variant? It'd be interesting if they chose to focus only on the island for the static variation.

That would be strange, I'd imagine they would just have the red plane, with no tilting, or second set of wings.

The beach looks absolutely stunning though. I really hope what you said is the case.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man, with how long it takes to take a stock in this game, a one stock v one stock match will take like an hour on Hyrule Temple.

Golnei

Stage-hazard toggles are being implemented in the form of "β" mode; which presents a static stage with platforms. In some cases, such as Warioware and Magicant, it provides a simplified version of the base stage, whereas with others like Battlefield and Yoshi's Island, a different arrangement of platforms is used.

Let me dream.

Xane

Sorry peeps, that stage looks more like Skyloft than Temple.

Edit: Nvm.. saw it in a different 'shot. Was too focused on the Stage Select one.

Still waiting on if item frequency is in the item switch menu.

Love Temple because of the memories so happy it's back.

I get the want but I think Sakurai feels he has that covered with the Omega versions (they really shouldn't convert some of those into versions with platforms).

Hopefully there are plenty of stages without stage hazards as well as the Stage Builder being good.

I'd love for that to be the case, but I doubt any Melee stage that didn't appear in Brawl is gonna return in the base game...Maybe for DLC.

Yeah with the clear pattern of the what returning stages are known I doubt any Melee stages that didn't return in Brawl come back.

Edit:

How? I spent a lot of time in Skyloft and those pillars and ground do not belong to that town.

Dr. Buni

Temple is back, huh? Never cared much about that stage and I would have preferred Mushroom Kingdom 2 back instead. Well, I still hope all past stages return anyway.

Does anyone have any idea what stage is that one in the sleeping Kirby picture?
Sorry peeps, that stage looks more like Skyloft than Temple.
image.png
image.png

Clov

I was kind of hoping for the option to turn off Stage Bosses without turning the stage into FD-mode. Maybe that's still to be revealed?

I'm having a discussing right now with a pair of guys that say that the Temple was confirmed a while ago and that a Dark Link will appear as a stage hazard...

Anybody has a recollection of this?

RagnarokX

The only guess I have for the Kirby snoozin' pic is Wuhu Island, but that's already covered in the Pilotwings stage.

That's definitely Wuhu Island.

zlCfzSkIwo0B0jojcr

fFo2RXn.jpg

I'm not even sure if it's Pilotwing's Omega version since it appears Kirby is on the beach near the water and even Omega Tortimer Island got rid of the water.

fFo2RXn.jpg

I'm not even sure if it's Pilotwing's Omega version since it appears Kirby is on the beach near the water and even Omega Tortimer Island got rid of the water.

So we have confirmation on a returning stage.

And a potential new stage?

This is a huge POTD for a Monday.

KHlover

Banned
Somehow Gaur Plains 3DS already managed to be one of my least favorite stages in any of the SSB games, a boss character can't really bring it down anymore. Gaur Plains WiiU seems to be bigger than the 3DS version, so here's hoping :/

Richie

fFo2RXn.jpg

Pilot Wings was listed twice in the Tower of Smash leak, true all along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom