• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
i50kH6j.png

Oh hell yes, great pics tonight. Super happy Temple is coming back, it's one of the greats!

Besides Temple, though, I still don't recognize all the stages. Clockwise from the top-left, I'm seeing...

Second image:
- Garden of Hope
- Battlefield
- N/A
- Skyloft/Battlefield/Wily Castle
- Boxing Ring
- Final Destination/??? (looks like it could be Pilotwings, but not quite?)

Third image:
- Pyrosphere
- Coliseum
- ??? (looks like Resort Island from Wii Sports Resort/Pilotwings Resort - maybe a Resort Island stage?)
- EDIT: It's The Great Cave Offensive!
- Temple
- Boxing Ring

This'll be fun to speculate on...

Hello.

Banned
Temple is just such a fun stage. It's pure fun. Even if it's anti-competitive (lol), you can't help but love it. Glad it's back.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
Didn't the leaked GCO shot come with a caption that said "this stage breaks the established rules of Smash"... something along those lines?

That could mean pretty much anything!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If they are going to the effort of giving returning stage a bit of a makeover, I wonder if they'll also give them more than two tunes each.

Golnei

If they are going to the effort of giving returning stage a bit of a makeover, I wonder if they'll also give them more than two tunes each.

If Brawl's precedent is any indication, they'll definitely get more than two - the music for Bridge of Eldin and Pirate Ship has to go somewhere, after all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well, I recalled that someone found a full franchise list in the 3DS files. It had Wii Resort and Wrecking Crew so I guess we should expecting Wrecking Crew stage.

Does the new look at the Great Cave Offensive finally kill that idea that maybe it would be a transition stage and Mt. Dedede would be in the mix, keeping that awful Tower of Smash rumor alive?

Niiiiiiiice, Temple is back. Not a big surprise, but still nice to know.
It's also nice to know that Coin Battle will be in the Wii U version; I guess that confirms the true potential of Smash presence of Wii U exclusive modes. Though I'll probably do the same thing I did with Brawl and never play it.

I'm obviously not serious about The Witch from The Witch's House (I do want her in tho) but Metal Face? Yes. i don't see whats so hard to understand. He is a character. It is a basically a fact at this point. I refuse to believe a shared stage would be so dramatically different and there doesn't seem to be a boss battle mode so like Dark Pit, the only takeaway is playable character.
I can't tell if you're serious or not. It really, really sounds like you're joking about this, but at the same time you're willing to put 200 Club Nintendo coins on the line.

FSLink

Banned
Could Handicap + Lucario @ 300% be an alternate way of having a stream 3DS host?

Might be faster than Sonic + speed equipment, if you up+B with him, right? Not sure if this way would affect P2/P3's aura state or something though.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
Happening, happening, happening, happening, happening!

It took me over 10 minutes to figure out that the 24th is this week and not some far-off future date. Part of me is genuinely surprised that they're doing a second Direct for a game... but I really should have seen it coming given the multitude of special circumstances.

If Sakurai doesn't host it like last time I'm going to consider rioting, it just wouldn't be the same without him.

It's funny that the custom fighter toggle shows Mii Fighters, considering they're entirely allowed when the option is turned off, and can have all their unique move sets

Unless it's a bug on the 3DS and they're really supposed to all use their defaults

Also not showing the extra options menu entirely gives me hope that special smash is there and they just don't want to show it yet.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Special Smash was never in the options was it? It was just a different mode where you set the conditions before going to the character select screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom