• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
FJwUAiy.png
These are my mains & secondaries, the majority of which I picked prior to release (for various reasons). They're all in the top 20.

I am really good at picking characters.
Looked at Falco's page and Fox's page, and they seem to have around an equal amount of nerfs.

Falco just has less buffs to compensate as far as SmashWiki has on them.
That's fair enough but I wonder why they didn't buff Falco much.

Wait, do you expect him as a WiiU exclusive (3DS DLC) character? or just DLC for both systems?
DLC for both games obviously. Characters will be free or same price on both games. Might be some kinda deal about owning both and getting them free/early but I think it'll just be plain DLC packs with 2-3 characters, 2-3 stages, some music, trophies, maybe a item or AT in each pack, maybe announced alot of packs ahead of time and space em out and do a season pass like MK8.

zlCfzSkIxXsomDvgwX

Pic of the day. Here's the settings menu for Rules. Comical pictures appear on the left when you go through the options, so I'll briefly introduce them.
zlCfzSkIweUrg_tluT

Going clockwise from the top-left corner, here are the pictures that appear for Rules, Time Limit, Custom Fighters, Stage Choice, Damage Ratio, and Handicap.
zlCfzSkIwo0B0jojcr

In the Wii U version, you can customize additional rules from the beginning of the game. Here are the pictures displayed for Stock Time Limit, Team Attack, Pause Function, SD Penalty, Damage Display, and Score Display. You can almost hear Fox's cry in the picture displayed for SD Penalty settings.

Richie

DLC for both games obviously. Characters will be free or same price on both games. Might be some kinda deal about owning both and getting them free/early but I think it'll just be plain DLC packs with 2-3 characters, 2-3 stages, some music, trophies, maybe a item or AT in each pack, maybe announced alot of packs ahead of time and space em out and do a season pass like MK8.

I'll take ya on that Club Nintendo reward bet! As far as Metal Face not being a playable character, that is!

Golnei

Oh yeah, how could I forget Snake? Guess I was thinking only in the context of Smash 3DS/Wii U and not Brawl.

Haven't seen anyone shipping Samus with Ike or Shulk, though.

Neither have I. Isn't Ike/Snake and Shulk/ROB significantly more popular?

Adam is more of a father figure than a love interest. At least its not as weird as the SamusxRidley pairings I've seen.

Also in my mind Adam no longer exists despite Fusion being one of my favorite GBA games.

Similar to how motherhood is the 'ideal relationship' which grants women souls, in the Metroid universe the ideal romance is between sacks of flesh with no agency and their fathers; whether in marching band captain or spaceship format. It's just so cute seeing Samus try to win Adam's approval by putting her life in danger multiple times for absolutely no reason.

I want Metroid Fusion Medley

I'm not sure - Fusion had impressive individual tracks, but a main theme medley wouldn't showcase its strengths as much as individual arrangements of pieces like AQA, Nightmare and Serris. Though I guess a boss theme medley could work...

Looked at Falco's page and Fox's page, and they seem to have around an equal amount of nerfs.

Falco just has less buffs to compensate as far as SmashWiki has on them.

They really should have prioritised Wolf over him. Seniority by way of one game shouldn't have been considered over Wolf's more unique and likely more viable moveset.

Going by the other (Japanese) tier list she's still garbage.

ZSS is good, of course.

At least her custom moves can make her slightly less terrible...

JB2448

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoS7FGOJg
In English, as well.
Masahiro Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. Here's the settings menu for Rules. Comical pictures appear on the left when you go through the options, so I'll briefly introduce them.
zlCfzSkIxXsomDvgwX

Masahiro Sakurai said:
Going clockwise from the top-left corner, here are the pictures that appear for Rules, Time Limit, Custom Fighters, Stage Choice, Damage Ratio, and Handicap.
zlCfzSkIxkkXDWJ8Kr

Masahiro Sakurai said:
In the Wii U version, you can customize additional rules from the beginning of the game. Here are the pictures displayed for Stock Time Limit, Team Attack, Pause Function, SD Penalty, Damage Display, and Score Display. You can almost hear Fox's cry in the picture displayed for SD Penalty settings.
zlCfzSkIye8EgM40Qj

Richie

zlCfzSkIxXsomDvgwX

zlCfzSkIxkkXDWJ8Kr

zlCfzSkIye8EgM40Qj

Golnei

I really want that to be our first legitimately remade stage, but it's probably something entirely different. Either that or a successor in the form of Temple 2 - triple the size, with teleporting Thunderbird, Dark Link and Carock stage hazards appearing every fifteen seconds.

lmao

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
zlCfzSkIxXsomDvgwX

zlCfzSkIweUrg_tluT

zlCfzSkIwo0B0jojcr

God is real
someone make a hread

Masked Man

I said wow
HD TEMPLE! Also, what is that beach stage Kirby's hanging around on?

Additional Rules are available from the get-go on the Wii U:
1) Stock Time Limit
2) Team Attack
3) Pause Function
4) Score Display
5) Damage Display
6) SD Penalty

Poor man is bad enough as it is, doesn't need any nerfs.

Wouldn't say no to an increased range for the Jolt Haymaker though, that should make baiting it near the ledge even more fun than it already is.

I <3 Suicide Mac

I wouldn't say no to more range on Jolt Haymaker because it would help me recover. ;)

How the hell are Charizard and Donkey Kong near the bottom of that list?

How do they compete against characters like Rosalina, Sheik, and ZSS? DK isn't a bad matchup for Mac, but Charizard's range and weird hitboxes are tough for my puny little pugilist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom