• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Something something old man reactions
This! Plus I didnt take the match serious at all initially which I tend to do online a lot. Especially in mirrors and if I dont know the dude. Not always in dat tourney mode. A recipe for an ass whoopin lol.

We played again after that and I avenged it.

Satyamdas

Banned
Oh yeah Saty, did you catch that? Notice I forgot to put "it" in THEY'RE? So much focus on misspellings and you miss a whole word.
Nah I noticed it. But I can let that one slide since you were clearly all worked up about DP happy shotos. The other thing is something you admitted to getting wrong out of laziness, so you get no pass on that. >:|

cackhyena

Well you were obviously cheating throwing out those low forwards to avoid burn kicks. I'd have quit on your ass too. It's only natural.

cackhyena

The way eva takes out that bison in the end was pretty great. Not sure what that guy was thinking. Match right after the krone bailout.

Robot Pants

Have there been certain match ups that you you feel like you simply can't win even though they may not be considered a bad match up, at least a really bad one? I cringe everytime I see these characters

Chun Li: I get out poked all day, I can't react to her over head, and FADC>back dash> sweep still works on me after 2 years of dealing with it. If she throws a fireball and I don't answer right away I have to deal with her mini mix up which is sweep or overhead. Neutral jump gets blown up by her normals and FADC is possible, but you have to be weary of the range or you'll end up losing the grey life along with whatever she may hit you with. And worse of all, if you knock her down, you practically can't do any jumping mix ups on her. She'll EX bird EVERYTHING. Best I can do is empty jump to bait it, but somehow I get blown up all the time just because I'm crouch teching in case he decides to tech me.

Story of my fighting-Chun life. Especially the bolded part. Don't you just love this game.....

Wiseblade

Unless only normal grabs and command grabs?

Tortilla is a command grab.

Also, Hard Kick Thunder Knuckle? I really don't know anything about characters other than my own...

EDIT:
Capcom said:
Thunder Knuckle

Made throw-invincible until first active frame for heavy version.

So I guess Tortilla just beats it the same way it does with other anti-airs. So this means that Viper lost EX Seismo invincibility with no compensation for the Fuerte matchup? Nice.

MIMIC

Banned
So, I was watching the iPeru - Latif FT5 and saw this. Didn't Capcom make Viper HK Thunder Knuckle throw invincible? Is there something I'm missing?

Sometimes I think I'm a better player than iPeru (although I'm far more reckless/aggressive than he is ^_^). I rarely lose to Vipers since I shut down their air game with EX Guac at every opportunity. He didn't use EX Guac or c. HP (as an anti-air) a single time. He did use the air grab a little, though. Also, when ever he had the opportunity to punish with RSF, he resorted to c.LP or just a throw.

Fake edit: haha, I'm reading the YouTube comments and someone said the exact same thing (in regards to his opportunities to punish)

Wiseblade

Sometimes I think I'm a better player than iPeru (although I'm far more reckless/aggressive than he is ^_^). I rarely lose to Vipers since I shut down their air game with EX Guac at every opportunity. He didn't use EX Guac or c. HP (as an anti-air) a single time. He did use the air grab a little, though. Also, when ever he had the opportunity to punish with RSF, he resorted to c.LP or just a throw.

Fake edit: haha, I'm reading the YouTube comments and someone said the exact same thing (in regards to his opportunities to punish)

If you're brave enough to RSF a TK that crosses over you, then you are a better man than I. There was only really one time I KNOW I would have gone for the RSF when he didn't, but I would have focused a lot more to try and catch those wakeup burn kicks.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If you're brave enough to RSF a TK that crosses over you, then you are a better man than I. There was only really one time I KNOW I would have gone for the RSF when he didn't, but I would have focused a lot more to try and catch those wakeup burn kicks.

Focus ain't gonna help you much against wakeup burning kicks.

MIMIC

Banned

FCxMK.jpg

Me vs. Latif =p

USD

Haha yeah, Krone has a 4% disconnect rate. I always check DC rate before the match, and anyone at 4-5% or up is ustually an auto-kick, but then I saw the name.

Oh and I got bodied by Krone's Sakura.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Viper is the best character. Drunk? Burn kick. Sleepy? Burn kick. Extremely laggy? Burn kick. Doesn't matter who, what, where. Just spam burn kicks and EX seismos.

ijQ0unGzHSEO7.gif

I said in my stream chat. Viper combos are more easy to do in lag. Input window is bigger. It just takes getting a little use to.

I hate Rose mirror matches, I always get caught out by that slide -> throw, even though I know most other Rose players abuse the hell out of it.

That and no one ever wants to play Rose ball ;__;

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hey Threi remember when Dee Jay had dread kicks that crumpled? Remember?

Yeaaah...you remember alright...

Top Bottom