• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

jlai

all dp-type moves should be fadc-able on hit only.

would make the game FAR better.

This. And minimum height requirement on dive kicks and air specials like what they did to Cammy's CS.

I'm looking at you Rufus dive kick, Viper TK burn kick, Makoto instant axe kick, etc.

Threi

notag
What would dictate a DP-type move? Input? Invuln?

moves with invul, especially ones that can lead to damage after a FADC.

doesn't matter if they can be baited or not, they completely break pressure for little cost (2 bars)

i say if you want to risk the dp, suffer the consequences if you guess wrong. Some chars have to already while others get off scott free. that aint right. It would help the metagame as well, shifting it towards having to actually read your opponent instead of just memorizing optimal setups. Bring it back to the ST days. Guess wrong? There goes the match/75% of your life.

doesn't matter if they can be baited or not, they completely break pressure for little cost (2 bars)

i say if you want to risk the dp, suffer the consequences if you guess wrong. Some chars have to already while others get off scott free. that aint right. It would help the metagame as well, shifting it towards having to actually read your opponent instead of just memorizing optimal setups over and over again.

I guess I could always play ST for that. It's 2011 baby. ANIME.

I just wish there was a decent home port of ST.

Oh well, next year I'm probably just going to buy the CPS2 game <3

i say if you want to risk the dp, suffer the consequences if you guess wrong. Some chars have to already while others get off scott free. that aint right. It would help the metagame as well, shifting it towards having to actually read your opponent instead of just memorizing optimal setups. Bring it back to the ST days. Guess wrong? There goes the match/75% of your life.

I'd be cool with this as long as they add more recovery to existing anti-air specials that are basically escape moves from cross ups on whiff like DJ's, Yun's, and Cammy's DP-esque move. If you do something risky as you say, it should be punishable and not rewarded.

Threi

notag
I'd be cool with this as long as they add more recovery to existing anti-air specials that are basically escape moves from cross ups on whiff like DJ's, Yun's, and Cammy's DP-esque move. If you do something risky as you say, it should be punishable and not rewarded.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind if they reverted deejays mk upkicks to the way it was before, with little inv frames. (although some chars like makoto have normals that stuff it completely, even on reversal) It does recover faster than it should. Yun's hk upkicks as well. Cammy's especially, since unlike the first two, it can already be fadc'd on block.

While we're at it, let's make focus absorbing moves not add to the Ultra/Revenge bar and instead make it so that ONLY taking damage does so. Ya know, make the comeback mechanic an ACTUAL comeback mechanic.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind if they reverted deejays mk upkicks to the way it was before, with little inv frames. (although some chars like makoto have normals that stuff it completely, even on reversal) It does recover faster than it should. Yun's hk upkicks as well. Cammy's especially, since unlike the first two, it can already be fadc'd on block.

Which ones :eek:?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
#teamFGC till I die son.

385071_10100786519655152_5133675_60384648_2126904011_n.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
I was goofing around in training mode yesterday and I was trying to see what my character could do on someone's wake-up. So I made the training dummy Zangief and set it to do wake-up Super and wow....the reversal window is so big! Maybe it's just my character (Fuerte) but 8 out of 10 times, I was blown up. Those few times I DID manage to land a move (c.MK) gave me some relief; it IS possible to stop a wake-up ultra/super/whatever :) But the timing is SOOOOO strict; it felt almost 3 times as hard as landing a link. I don't know if the risk is worth it but I guess it all comes down to practice.

I'm not sure of the lingo, but I was able to land a "meaty" (??) c.HK more often than a c.MK. It's my go-to move, anyway; I use it a LOT.

Question: are there any reversals (specials/supers/Ultras) that are IMPOSSIBLE to prevent, no matter how accurate your timing is?

eva01

Says a DJ with the best AAs in the game and fast meter building. Don't forget the 200+ chip dmg.

Have there been certain match ups that you you feel like you simply can't win even though they may not be considered a bad match up, at least a really bad one? I cringe everytime I see these characters

Chun Li: I get out poked all day, I can't react to her over head, and FADC>back dash> sweep still works on me after 2 years of dealing with it. If she throws a fireball and I don't answer right away I have to deal with her mini mix up which is sweep or overhead. Neutral jump gets blown up by her normals and FADC is possible, but you have to be weary of the range or you'll end up losing the grey life along with whatever she may hit you with. And worse of all, if you knock her down, you practically can't do any jumping mix ups on her. She'll EX bird EVERYTHING. Best I can do is empty jump to bait it, but somehow I get blown up all the time just because I'm crouch teching in case he decides to tech me.

Zangief: Similar problem to Chun, I simply can't jump at him ever because his lariat beats or trades with everything I have and acts as a anti-cross up move. I have no choice but to play footsies and zoning and I'm fucking awful at those 2 things. I use to do ok in Vanilla and Super because I could run away all day with the escape chopper, but since they removed that this match up has become much much harder.

I guess my biggest problem is I focus on pushing forward and attacking my opponents rather than being more patient, especially on wake up if I can score knockdowns. But these 2 characters simply won't allow it. Guy and DJ are also 2 of my problem characters who I don't think are considered bad match ups for Evil Ryu, but I find them more annoying rather then very hard like Chun and Gief.

El Sloth

Banned
#teamFGC till I die son.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/385071_10100786519655152_5133675_60384648_2126904011_n.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
So, the chicks represent all the sponsors we don't got? #Kappa

Someone should shop a Pepsi logo on the one in the front.

Axis

:(

But he does suck, though. lol (sucks in relation to the typical things you see with the rest of the cast). The one move where he has frame advantage on block, he can't even do anything to follow it up >_<

he's retarded when a character's knocked down.

dat 50/50/50/50/50/50/50

Man I kind of miss Ryu's trade Ultra. Not because I want him(and including Evil Ryu) to have it, it's because I hate the fucking bounce back you have to deal with when you go for a cross up and they're mashing uppercut on wake up. Then you find yourself in a situation where they're still mashing uppercut but you don't know which side they'll land on and while their DP will auto correct, you have to figure out which side to block. In most cases, I've gotten wrong and ate another uppercut. I'm starting to seriously believe that these guys consider getting hit out of there uppercut on wake up to be a mix up in there favor lol.

And yes Saty, me, ME of all people whining about random DP's. You're damn right I am :p

Satyamdas

Banned
Man I kind of miss Ryu's trade Ultra. Not because I want him(and including Evil Ryu) to have it, it's because I hate the fucking bounce back you have to deal with when you go for a cross up and they're mashing uppercut on wake up. Then you find yourself in a situation where they're still mashing uppercut but you don't know which side they'll land on and while their DP will auto correct, you have to figure out which side to block. In most cases, I've gotten wrong and ate another uppercut. I'm starting to seriously believe that these guys consider getting hit out of there uppercut on wake up to be a mix up in there favor lol.

And yes Saty, me, ME of all people whining about random DP's. You're damn right I am :p
My mind is still reeling from trying to decipher the bolded. So no worries, I have nothing to say about you whining about DP's. Although I have to admit you getting "their" right the first time and then getting it wrong right after is kinda pissing me off. :p

gm9Z2.gif

Oh yeah Saty, did you catch that? Notice I forgot to put "it" in THEY'RE? So much focus on misspellings and you miss a whole word.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rose vs Rose

Best match up in the game

Top Bottom