• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

eissan

Eissan and Rice-Eater complaining about random DP'ing shoto scrubs is rich, RICH I TELLS YA! The amount of irony in that could potentially break the universe in half. :p

SHUT UP!!! :p

you have to work to open them up instead of just dp'ing!

I know but it's more fun taunting and waiting getting them all worked up and rushing in to eat my DP POWAH!!!! :p

Indeed. Last time Eissan and I played, I baited out every DP he threw out.

Edit: Probably wouldn't even call it baiting since Eissan gives no fux and dp's anyways.

you did...but that was cause I blew you up in the earlier games :p had to let you save some face :p

But in all seriousness it has gotten way worse with mash DP and just mash in general, I mean when I dont mash I get mashed on, when I mash, they mash harder and when I bait they just hold back and run away...it's good though I guess I feel like I have gotten A BIT better at baiting and not blocking(this is really hard for someone who mashes/mashed before :D).

eva01

Unbelievable, Mago found out mid match that Ken's c.MK was beating his s.LK(and mumbles something about ryu), he then stops the matches against "Maikeru", enters training mode, records Ken neutral jumping and doing c.MK upon landing and tests it against Sagat's s.LK. Seems like he's used to beat it with s.LK but something has changed(or at least that's what I think happened). Lab testing FTW!!!

Ken got his 4 active frames back on his cr.mk

Satyamdas

Banned
Tw2iD.gif

Satyamdas

Banned
I lol'd.

Dear saty, who sould I main in ver.2012? El Fuerte or C. Viper?(or should I go back to the sumo wrestler? should I troll people with the new blanka?)
All 4 of these characters are troll characters, so I can't see the point in recommending one over the other. Honda is stupid but the least trollish, so I'd pick him. But on some real shit, I'd say pick up Hakan. I got stomped a mudhole by Ed Ma's Hakan the other day and it was inspiring and awesome. Hakan is so scary in the right hands. I was astounded and amazed while getting beat down. If you can play a grappler I'd suggest him for sure. I would play Hakan if I wasn't such a fucking scrub. :*(

Fraeon

All 4 of these characters are troll characters, so I can't see the point in recommending one over the other. Honda is stupid but the least trollish, so I'd pick him. But on some real shit, I'd say pick up Hakan. I got stomped a mudhole by Ed Ma's Hakan the other day and it was inspiring and awesome. Hakan is so scary in the right hands. I was astounded and amazed while getting beat down. If you can play a grappler I'd suggest him for sure. I would play Hakan if I wasn't such a fucking scrub. :*(

Honda's a troll character? First I heard of that.

Vice

Anyone know a good way to break bad habits. I use ex spiral on wake up way too often. I even know the scenarios where I shouldn't use it and I still do, it's become auto-pilot.

Anyone know a good way to break bad habits. I use ex spiral on wake up way too often. I even know the scenarios where I shouldn't use it and I still do, it's become auto-pilot.

For one, stop using it.

Might sound like a dick, but what else are you gonna do? Just consciously make the biggest effort you can and stop using it.

I don't play rose, but explore other wakeup options and use those exclusively over spiral

Try to replace it with wake up backdash. Her backdash is good. This way you'll have at least those 2 options to choose from heh.

Well it turns out a couple of those Ryu's who were kicking my ass while doing unsafe DP's and DP's on wake up sent me a friend request. Normally I don't accept because we end up never trying to play each other anyways. But maybe I should accept and try to get around to playing these guys so I can try to improve my footsies and zoning.

eissan

I played wolfkrone for the first time last night on Ranked and I won a round!!! tatsu for the win!! :D

then in the 3rd round he almost P'd on me :D

What are you trying to escape from, jump ins/cross ups? Sometimes an EX soul throw can put a stop to that, can catch them, or at worst get you out of there. But I agree with others, back dash may be better because I like to save the EX bar for Super with Rose, it usually means a very quick second round (same with Gen).

PhatSaqs

Banned
Try just doing nothing sometimes. Train yourself to do this by just doing it and resisting the urge to press buttons on wake up. You may get thrown a few times in the process but it's better than eating a big EX Spiral punish.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Focus attack on wakeup : can you just hold the two buttons while your down and the focus attack starts at the first possible frame? Or do you have to time it?

For one, stop using it.

Might sound like a dick, but what else are you gonna do? Just consciously make the biggest effort you can and stop using it.

I don't play rose, but explore other wakeup options and use those exclusively over spiral

So what are her other options? U2? Wait no, they nerfed that. Guess you're gonna have to get really familar with just blocking on wakeup.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Focus attack on wakeup : can you just hold the two buttons while your down and the focus attack starts at the first possible frame? Or do you have to time it?
Yep, time it >_<

Top Bottom