• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

MIMIC

Banned
0S2WB.jpg

LOL, I don't know where the 1st message came from (there was no lag whatsoever...at least it wasn't coming from me), and then the guy sends me the "Stay free" comment after I troll him for being salty.

"Stay free"? I barely lost any matches the other day and the ones I DID lose went down to the absolute wire (except for this one Ryu that DID destroy me) so I go to the Battle Log and sure enough, this guy is a moron. Not only did I win our only encounter, but it was as routine as it could get: 2-0 with like 40% life left in both rounds.

XBL ^_^

I have played the SF4 series casually since the beginning, but have finally decided to take things seriously! After alot of debate and trials, I am maining Fuerte (please don't hate me...). He is soooo much fun to use imo. Been messing around with mix-ups and a few set-ups I came up with in training mode and took them online today. Results were...... iffy lol. I did manage to land a standing roundhouse into super finish a few times, though.

I guess I'm just trying to say I'll probably stop lurking around here and start posting more. Any advice is welcome and will be thoroughly looked at. I'm going to mess around for another week or so and see what I can find before I consult somewhere like SRK.

one more thing: Does anyone have a match-up list available for AE (or 2012 if there is one)? Would be useful, because right now I'm getting owned by Blankas, even when I manage a hard knockdown =(

I have played the SF4 series casually since the beginning, but have finally decided to take things seriously! After alot of debate and trials, I am maining Fuerte (please don't hate me...). He is soooo much fun to use imo. Been messing around with mix-ups and a few set-ups I came up with in training mode and took them online today. Results were...... iffy lol. I did manage to land a standing roundhouse into super finish a few times, though.

I guess I'm just trying to say I'll probably stop lurking around here and start posting more. Any advice is welcome and will be thoroughly looked at. I'm going to mess around for another week or so and see what I can find before I consult somewhere like SRK.

one more thing: Does anyone have a match-up list available for AE (or 2012 if there is one)? Would be useful, because right now I'm getting owned by Blankas, even when I manage a hard knockdown =(

The latest match up chart I can remember is the iplaywinner one from super. Best advice for match ups is the srk fuerte board.

My advice is:

-Learn your matchups
-Watch videos of high level fuertes play and ask yourself what you would do in certain situations and see what they did and why
-Try not to get frustrated
-Masturbate
-Watch some fuerte tutorials on youtube
-Learn how to do the RSF combo.
-Rewatch your matches and see what your doing wrong
-Dont play fuerte

The latest match up chart I can remember is the iplaywinner one from super. Best advice for match ups is the srk fuerte board.

My advice is:

-Learn your matchups
-Watch videos of high level fuertes play and ask yourself what you would do in certain situations and see what they did and why
-Try not to get frustrated
-Masturbate
-Watch some fuerte tutorials on youtube
-Learn how to do the RSF combo.
-Rewatch your matches and see what your doing wrong
-Dont play fuerte

Most important step IMO.

Vice

Go on youtube and look uo iPeru, or any other solid Fuerte, vs Blanka.

All I have to say is it figures. Gief players seem to think that picking the character means they should win by default.

95% of all the hatemail I have ever gotten has been from Gief players.

I've gotten hatemail for "spamming throws" with Hawk. It really is the most ridiculous thing, especially when I use no more than three SPDs over the course of 2 rounds.

Wiseblade

Blanka is always a tough matchup for Fuerte, Since you simply can't really play it the way you would a normal match.

First off, get used to punishing blanka balls with Run -> Slide or U1 on block. On a K/D, I'd reccomend using splashes super sparingly, since they'll lose to wakeup lightning 9 times out of 10. c.HK and tortilla will screw them up though. Be careful when he has meter though, EX up ball will beat pretty much everything you di in the air. better to just bait it out and punish with U1.

-Dont play fuerte

Most important step IMO.

You two are bad people.

Blanka is always a tough matchup for Fuerte, Since you simply can't really play it the way you would a normal match.

First off, get used to punishing blanka balls with Run -> Slide or U1 on block. On a K/D, I'd reccomend using splashes super sparingly, since they'll lose to wakeup lightning 9 times out of 10. c.HK and tortilla will screw them up though. Be careful when he has meter though, EX up ball will beat pretty much everything you di in the air. better to just bait it out and punish with U1.

You two are bad people.

Hey I gave some sound advice.

MIMIC

Banned

This and this.

Characters that use their bodies as projectiles (Bison, Honda, Blanka, Balrog) are always pretty tough for Fuerte. I still find Bison the toughest of the bunch because after you get that knockdown, he can teleport to safety (if you haven't anticipated it) and all of your work has come undone =p

I've been using far standing HK a lot. Blanka ball? Headbutt? Dashing punch? Scissor kick? Fuerte kicks them right in the face :) They're less likely to go to that move if you prevent it from being effective. But you should force Blanka to stop using his rolling attack completely since you can punish every last one of them on block if it isn't part of a block string (like Wiseblade said).

EDIT:

To goldlion054: Here's a vid of me putting all of these tips to good use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lM5QvA0KMk

1) He uses Blanka ball twice (non-block string). I block it and punish it twice
2) EX Up ball punishes one of my jump ins.
3) I use standing far HK a lot
4) I try to bait him to do something on wake-up since EX up ball beats everything

Ganondorfo

Help me with this please

My cousin bought the PS3 version of super street fighter IV arcade edition.

He wants to have the move list of the PS3 version of every character (this means everything: ultra, you name it).

Can someone link me to a website that has every movelist of the PS3 version of this game.

Another question: is analogue better than the 4pad version when using commands like back, up, down, forward?

Help me with this please

My cousin bought the PS3 version of super street fighter IV arcade edition.

He wants to have the move list of the PS3 version of every character (this means everything: ultra, you name it).

Can someone link me to a website that has every movelist of the PS3 version of this game.

Another question: is analogue better than the 4pad version when using commands like back, up, down, forward?

For reference, the ps3 and xbox versions are identical games, so the moves will overlap :

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV#New_Arcade_Edition_Wiki

With regards to analogue vs. dpad, that just comes down to personal preference.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Really useful stuff. The video helped too, Mimic. I saw what I was doing wrong on a replay much better after I watched it. I'll probably be hitting the lab later today or tomorrow morning. Fuerte about to be leveled up

Robot Pants

I think Daigo is slowly losing his mind with this list.
I'll agree with the top three, and surprisingly I've been beasted on numerous times by Cammys out of nowhere since 2012 dropped, but I don't see how Gouken, Rose, Evil Ryu, or DeeJay don't have potential to be high tier. I also don't think Seth is.

Vice

I'll agree with the top three, and surprisingly I've been beasted on numerous times by Cammys out of nowhere since 2012 dropped, but I don't see how Gouken, Rose, Evil Ryu, or DeeJay don't have potential to be high tier. I also don't think Seth is.

Not many people play them. They all have issues but 2012 has been out for a very short amount of time. It takes years for tiers to be accurate. For all we know in 2015 Hakan and Dudley will be S tier and Gen will be the perfect shoto counter.

Satyamdas

Banned
lolwut.jpg

Also, the characters you listed have significant problems with a lot of the cast. I would be shocked if any of them ended up high tier.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Dee Jay is my main, but there are characters that are just a straight-up problem for him.

And Evil Ryu is a damage disher, but he's still a poor man's Akuma since he has no real mix-up potential, as much as I love Evil Ryu.

Wiseblade

This and this.

Characters that use their bodies as projectiles (Bison, Honda, Blanka, Balrog) are always pretty tough for Fuerte. I still find Bison the toughest of the bunch because after you get that knockdown, he can teleport to safety (if you haven't anticipated it) and all of your work has come undone =p

I've been using far standing HK a lot. Blanka ball? Headbutt? Dashing punch? Scissor kick? Fuerte kicks them right in the face :) They're less likely to go to that move if you prevent it from being effective. But you should force Blanka to stop using his rolling attack completely since you can punish every last one of them on block if it isn't part of a block string (like Wiseblade said).

I actually don't mind the Honda matchup. If you do everything just right, you can really make the Honda player look silly. I totally agree on Bison though, I'd say it's Fuerte's worst matchup by a good stretch.

Nyoro SF

I'm not sure I like this new trend of "hey I beat a known player online, better send this shit to YogaFlame so ppl can tell me I'm gdlk."

Really good players shouldn't care. Or they should upload more of their own victories if they're that sensitive to their own blowups, no matter how rare.

Satyamdas

Banned
Guys like Overhead Greg and YogaFlame search out replays by known players all day and are told who to look for by their viewers, dude. I don't see much evidence that the players who beat them are making a big deal about it or sending replays to them, although I'm sure it has happened. Doubt it qualifies as a "trend" in any case.

Dee Jay is my main, but there are characters that are just a straight-up problem for him.

And Evil Ryu is a damage disher, but he's still a poor man's Akuma since he has no real mix-up potential, as much as I love Evil Ryu.

I have to disagree with that. He's not mix up master like Akuma, Viper, or Ibuki but he has a pretty decent mix up game. It's just that nobody knows about it because nobody is playing the character. His dive kick/cross up on wake up can lead up to 400+ damage and definitely has to be respected. Besides that he has mid screen cross under and cross overs, dive kick resets, overhead resets, and so on. So he can definitely mix it up, problem is the players who are actually good aren't taking the time to explore all his options and the players who do know about it aren't good enough to display it consistently in matches or just sucks(basically me).

As for Daigo's opinion of Evil Ryu. Well I'm not sure what to think about it. If nobody worth a damn plays him, then his potential will never be realized. I don't personally think he's top tier though, high mid at best. He will be held back by his slow normals and low heath/stun. But I think he's definitely a tournament viable character.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So who's up for best character player grudge matches?

Here's MY list. Blanks ones I can't really determine based on people not using them or not enough viewing.

1. Best Ryu- Definitely not Timedog
  2. Best Ken- Eva
  3. Best Honda- Gutabo
  4. Best Ibuki- That one guy
  5. Best Makoto- Jlai
  6. Best Dudley- Floyd
  7. Best Seth-
  8. Best Gouken-Immortal
  9. Best Gen- Cloudius
  10. Best Dan-
  11. Best Sakura-DBJ
  12. Best Oni-
  13. Best Yun-RB
  14. Best Juri- Kuma
  15. Best Chun Li- Vex
  16. Best Dhalsim- Saty
  17. Best Abel-
  18. Best Viper- RB
  19. Best Bison- DBJ
  20. Best Sagat- Haunts
  21. Best Cammy- Vex
  22. Best Deejay- Threi
  23. Best Cody- Joe
  24. Best Guy- Kak
  25. Best Hakan-
  26. Best Yang-
  27. Best Evil Ryu- Rice
  28. Best Guile- Cloudius
  29. Best Blanka-
  30. Best Zangief-
  31. Best Rufus- Seph
  32. Best El Fuerte- Mimic
  33. Best Vega- Greggy
  34. Best Balrog- European guy
  35. Best Fei Long-
  36. Best T.Hawk- Beef
  37. Best Adon-
  38. Best Rose- Jlai

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Guys like Overhead Greg and YogaFlame search out replays by known players all day and are told who to look for by their viewers, dude. I don't see much evidence that the players who beat them are making a big deal about it or sending replays to them, although I'm sure it has happened. Doubt it qualifies as a "trend" in any case.

There have been several replays recently with "so-and-so sent me this replay" in the description.

Top Bottom