• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

So who's up for best character player grudge matches?

Here's MY list. Blanks ones I can't really determine based on people not using them or not enough viewing.

1. Best Ryu- Definitely not Timedog
  2. Best Ken- Eva
  3. Best Honda- Gutabo
  4. Best Ibuki- That one guy
  5. Best Makoto- Jlai
  6. Best Dudley- Floyd
  7. Best Seth-
  8. Best Gouken-Immortal
  9. Best Gen- Cloudius
  10. Best Dan-
  11. Best Sakura-DBJ
  12. Best Oni-
  13. Best Yun-RB
  14. Best Juri- Kuma
  15. Best Chun Li- Vex
  16. Best Dhalsim- Saty
  17. Best Abel-
  18. Best Viper- RB
  19. Best Bison- DBJ
  20. Best Sagat- Haunts
  21. Best Cammy- Vex
  22. Best Deejay- Threi
  23. Best Cody- Joe
  24. Best Guy- Kak
  25. Best Hakan-
  26. Best Yang-
  27. Best Evil Ryu- Rice
  28. Best Guile- Cloudius
  29. Best Blanka-
  30. Best Zangief-
  31. Best Rufus- Seph
  32. Best El Fuerte- Mimic
  33. Best Vega- Greggy
  34. Best Balrog- European guy
  35. Best Fei Long-
  36. Best T.Hawk- Beef
  37. Best Adon-
  38. Best Rose- Jlai

if this is on GAF, I dunno Yeb has a pretty mean Gen, I'm sure of that. I haven't played him in AE 2012 though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I have to disagree with that. He's not mix up master like Akuma, Viper, or Ibuki but he has a pretty decent mix up game. It's just that nobody knows about it because nobody is playing the character. His dive kick/cross up on wake up can lead up to 400+ damage and definitely has to be respected. Besides that he has mid screen cross under and cross overs, dive kick resets, overhead resets, and so on. So he can definitely mix it up, problem is the players who are actually good aren't taking the time to explore all his options and the players who do know about it aren't good enough to display it consistently in matches or just sucks(basically me).

As for Daigo's opinion of Evil Ryu. Well I'm not sure what to think about it. If nobody worth a damn plays him, then his potential will never be realized. I don't personally think he's top tier though, high mid at best. He will be held back by his slow normals and low heath/stun. But I think he's definitely a tournament viable character.

Those are the reasons I like Evil Ryu, but resets can only get you so far at the highest level of competition, unlike mix ups, and I'm sure that's what he's getting at. Evil Ryu's biggest advantages are only effective IF he gets in, and other characters can do that much better.

It's not like he's saying that if you aren't top tier you're crap, because I'm sure he knows anyone can win with any character, it's just that his top/mid choices can do it easier than the rest.

gutabo

awesome list
Thanks for remembering me and giving me the honor of being a part of that list, I haven't played in ages and now that I'm going to have a son I guess I won't be able to play even tetris... but if it's for fun, count me in!(lemme buy the game first) lotsa <# for the gaf fgc!

I'd totally challenge AZ Greg for dat best Vega crown if I had a 360.

and if he weren't so GDLK :`(

he isnt! just take his claw mask and dignity and victory is yours. I've had greg's mask and claw for ages. the mask is a plate and the claw i use to carve ham and turkey.

N4Us

0S2WB.jpg

Hoooly shit, I know this is a few pages back but this guy was in my friends lobby a few days back. Had the worst Zangief ever, pressed like two buttons total.

Those are the reasons I like Evil Ryu, but resets can only get you so far at the highest level of competition, unlike mix ups, and I'm sure that's what he's getting at. Evil Ryu's biggest advantages are only effective IF he gets in, and other characters can do that much better.

It's not like he's saying that if you aren't top tier you're crap, because I'm sure he knows anyone can win with any character, it's just that his top/mid choices can do it easier than the rest.

Evil Ryu's dive kick mix up can score hard knockdowns and force the opponent into the same situation again where they have to guess on there wake up. But unlike Akuma, he can stun most of his opponents in just 2 combos. Not a good idea as the scaling will make the dizzy practically worth it, but just saying he can do that kind of stuff.

As for Daigo's comments, I don't mind it. I don't think he's top tier myself. If he wants in, he has to do it on foot just like Ryu, except his normals aren't as good. But I still think he's better then the majority of the cast. Not top 10 but I think he's somewhere between 11-20.

And it looks like Sako put Evil Ryu in the training room for an hour and then proceeded to school this other guy who probably mains him. And as expected Sako puts on a clinic, not only that but he has some set ups and his execution is on point. I think he landed 3-4 axe kick combos per match while the other guy didn't land a single one. I would have liked to see Sako go for some resets but it looks like he had a game plan and decided to stick with it. I think he's just playing him for fun, but it would have been nice to see what a beast like Sako could do with Evil Ryu.

Here's MY list. Blanks ones I can't really determine based on people not using them or not enough viewing.

1. Best Ibuki- That one guy

How many of us on Gaf are there that even use her? Myself, jdub and izunadono (the most likely candidate)..?

cackhyena

Did they somehow make the net code even worse for 2012? Why the fuck won't they let me enjoy this game anymore? I run into very few green bars.

zlatko

Banned
Best Abel for me was Ryder. I wish he still had a big presence in SF4, because I feel if he stuck with it and gone to more majors, then he would have had a big chance to be sponsored.

RYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

eissan

1. Best Ryu- Definitely not Timedog
  2. Best Ken- Eva
  3. Best Honda- Gutabo
  4. Best Ibuki- That one guy
  5. Best Makoto- Jlai
  6. Best Dudley- Floyd
  7. Best Seth-
  8. Best Gouken-Immortal
  9. Best Gen- Cloudius
  10. Best Dan-
  11. Best Sakura-DBJ
  12. Best Oni-