• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Izuna

Banned
How many of us on Gaf are there that even use her? Myself, jdub and izunadono (the most likely candidate)..?

We could probably battle it out and see. After all I have no idea what GAF Ibukis are like.

Messing about with kara-cancels/HJC with Ibuki

Yang Seiei Enbu combo =)

Note sure if yet posted... But I'm really having a crisis over sticking with Makoto or switching to Yang for ver.2012<- Skip to 6:50

Edit: of course, this is only for as long as until VF5:FS comes out.

Imm0rt4l

Just ran into a good fuerte, I won our match and left, because I hate fuerte and I'm really trying to work on my footsies, didn't feel like playing guessing game bullshit. Dude sent me a message saying "sigh, I'll use whoever you want, just don't run from fuerte", I felt compelled to play him since I'm guessing everyone was leaving his game(the price for playing fuerte), I told him to stay with fuerte and I opted to play dudley instead. I win the next match, he kicks the next guy in line, switches to another character, beats me and leaves. I found that kinda funny.

So, Evo 2012 titles are getting announced Tuesday.

Assuming they do 5 games this year, I predict SFIVAE2012, UMvC3, SFxTK, SCV and BBCSEX. Maybe KOFXIII instead of Blaz, depending if Atlus or Aksys steps up sponsorship-wise to support their game more than the other.

Anyone want to share their predictions?

Assuming they do 5 games this year, I predict SFIVAE2012, UMvC3, SFxTK, SCV and BBCSEX. Maybe KOFXIII instead of Blaz, depending if Atlus or Aksys steps up sponsorship-wise to support their game more than the other.

Lol I just realized BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is BBC SEX

Vice

AE2012
UMVC3
SCV
Blazblu or MK9
Skullgirls

Wildcards: Virtua Fighter or Tekken. I don't believe KoF will be a main game.

Vice

I'd be pretty shocked if Skullgirls becomes a main stage game at Evo.

After the Gem shit, I understand you leaving out SFxTK.

If Melty Blood can be an Evo game anything is possible plus it has a ton of community support. I forgot about SFxT to be honest. It has a chance, more than BlazBlu or MK9 unless they offer some money.

Makes sense. Hell, one thing SG has over MB is a western release.

Wouldn't be the first time a western-only, download-only title made the main stage either (HDR did in '09)

MIMIC

Banned
Hitbox shenanigans or something I dunno.

Fuerte can do this to, too: jump to the other side during hit stun. Instead of RSF (Run Stop Fierce), if you do RSFlip (Run Stop Flip) just right, he'll flip to the other side. Was messing around in training mode and realized he could do it.

Satyamdas

Banned
KoF will definitely get a main stage spot.

AE2012
UMvC3
KoF13
SFxT
SC5

If there is a sixth game I guess it'd be a tossup between MK9/Tekken6/BB. I really doubt Skullgirls gets a main stage slot.

Wiseblade

Fuerte can do this to, too: jump to the other side during hit stun. Instead of RSF (Run Stop Fierce), if you do RSFlip (Run Stop Flip) just right, he'll flip to the other side. Was messing around in training mode and realized he could do it.

1) That's nowhere near as scary. :(

2) Shh! If Capcom discovers how glitchy shower kick is, I might have to go back to eating wakeup ultras again...

Izuna

Banned
TTT2 won't be out by Evo 2012 though, and even if VF5: FS makes it out before Evo I can see it being skipped over as a main game.

Oh I didn't realise this was about EVO2012, but yeah VF will pretty much never have a place there 'cause of it's small community. Quote like DoA.

TTT2 won't be out by then? I thought it was right around the corner. Anyway VF5:FS comes out around the same time as SFxT on console.

Oh I didn't realise this was about EVO2012, but yeah VF will pretty much never have a place there 'cause of it's small community. Quote like DoA.

TTT2 won't be out by then? I thought it was right around the corner. Anyway VF5:FS comes out around the same time as SFxT on console.
Isn't FS out later on in the year? SFxT is only a little over two months away. Haven't really touched VF since vanilla 4, but I'm interested in getting back into it.

Satyamdas

Banned

TTT2 is still "holiday 2012" as far as I know, and VF5:FS is "summer 2012". SFxT is March 2012 I'm pretty sure.

There's no reason to assume they will have 5 games, any game that's worthy of being added WILL be added. Any game that isn't there are games nobody gives a damn for. The most unbiased, scientific and accurate analysis I have seen on SRK:

Let's look at the last two majors:

NEC XII

AE- 228
UmvC3- 231
BBCS2 45
MK9- 70
GG 36
T6 86 man (SC5 on demo)
SC4- 57 entrants (SC5 on demo)
KOF XIII - 57 (came out a week before)

SCR-

AE- ~ 200
MvC3 ~200
MK9- 53
SkullGirls- 83 (free tourney w/ 1000 pot?)
KOF13 ~75
BBCS2-40

You can conclude one thing for sure:

Blazblue is done. If you can't crack 50 at majors, you're a side show.

Well, that was concluded when wiz busted on it as well.

KOF 13 has a serious shot. It's attendance is on the uptick, and word in my state is that a lot of people are playing it. SRK doesn't have an anti SNK bias, it's just that they haven't put out a good product that garnered a large scene in the US is over a decade. They may have one here.

MK9 gets better numbers than the "buzz" would indicate, but hype and numbers are fading for it, unlike AE and Marvel. I think it's return is 50/50.

Tekken still outperformed almost everyone else at NEC, but TTT2 and SC5 demos had to have boosted it. I expect it to be gone for SC5.

SFxT is a major Capcom release. It'd be crazy to think it wouldn't even get a shot at EVO. Remember, EVO's taken fliers on games before (mario kart, DOA, smash brawl)

Skullgirls is going to be way too niche to be a main EVO title. EVO doesn't have a way to guage what the scene will be like, and sales forecasts can't be all that high (unlike a MK9 or SC5, which are million sellers). Not to mention they haven't even set an exact release date yet. Expect an invitational or something.

My thoughts?

EVO expands back to 6 games and EVO staff will hate life.

AE2012
UMvC3
SFxT
MK9
KOF13
SC5.

UMVC 3
SSFIV AE 2012
SFxTK
SCV
KOF 13 (but this slot could go to MK9 or Blazblue).

There's no reason to assume they will have 5 games, any game that's worthy of being added WILL be added. Any game that isn't there are games nobody gives a damn for. The most unbiased, scientific and accurate analysis I have seen on SRK:

There was a new version of BBCS out the same day as SCR. Weird timing there as they had to run the old version so low attendance didn't surprise me there. But yeah, seems dead in America.

Robot Pants

Just got this off Mike Ross' twitter - sick ryu .. mixup thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRNlg74Opo

VRyu just put out a Makoto trick video, showing off some of Makoto's new gimmicks in Ver.2012 including Lv.5 Hayate setups, fuzzy guards, and dash-through cross-ups.

Makoto, welcome to 2012

6695521344ee5350be24b4.gif

I saw on the front page of SRK that the PC version is in quarter 1. It's being handled by the same team converting SFXT for PC.

I wish it would come out now. I'm dealing with a medical issue with my nearborn baby and only have my laptop. It would be a nice diversion from all the stress.

I saw on the front page of SRK that the PC version is in quarter 1. It's being handled by the same team converting SFXT for PC.

I wish it would come out now. I'm dealing with a medical issue with my nearborn baby and only have my laptop. It would be a nice diversion from all the stress.

Hope everything works out for your baby SJ!

Top Bottom